August 22, 2014 | 1143 users online

Eyes - Ardell - Fashion lashes 110

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm new to this game of false eyelashes. I need something because at my age my lashes are becoming shorter. They are also blonde and can hardly be seen. With that in mind, I've been using the serums, and that helps, but I finally decided to use false eyelashes. These were super easy.
I looked at the the different ones and decided on a few types. The #110's looked pretty natural to me. When I put them on, they actually looked like my own. I was amazed. I was able to curl them easily enough. I dabbed a bit of mascara on too and my lashes looked absolutely natural. Finally, my eyes had definition again!
The line part was not difficult to manage for a newbie like me at all.I did put eyeliner on top of the lash line to blend it in, altho not heavy. I found using a decent eyeliner that was waterproof worked best. I didn't find them stiff or hard to handle. I waited the obligatory 30 seconds while using the glue that came with the package. I bought the kit that comes with a lash holder to help you put the lashes on your lids. Not sure if it's really easy to use this, or there's an easier appliance out there that's better, but it's pretty simple to hold the lashes in place with this little clip thing and put the glue on and then place them on my lids. The #110's are different lengths of lashes which I really liked because they seemed more natural to me in blending in with my own natural lashes. I bought them in black because I naturally use black mascara and again, they looked pretty natural. They are soft and flexible. The glue came off easily enough. Although they are very delicate, I'm not sure how long they'll actually hold up and for how many uses. That's a concern for me. I'm curious how many times I'll get to use each set of lashes per cost. This set cost me 3.89 at Target. Depending on how many times I will get to use them, then I'll know if using fake lashes is really economical. A lot of ladies really like using them and since they do really look good, I just might fall in love with using them too. I can see why others do. They feel good on, they're soft and don't look fake at all. For anyone else wondering if they should give them a try, I'd definitely tell them them to do it. Go for a look that's feathery like this so you don't look fake at all. Read the other reviews that tell you you don't look like a DQ. These seem to be worth it, so far.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

No. 110 Ardell faux lashes look pretty nice and natural except for the clumpy way they are attached to the band. It looks like little dots with the white band showing between them. Many lash brands have this same negative. This can be improved by soaking the new lashes overnight in a small jar of 91% alcohol, then remove the softened adhesive with your nails. Let dry and proceed with a black Sharpie Permanent Marker to color the white band spaces and let dry well. The other negative is this band is very stiff and difficult to "train" to the contour of your eyelid. With a new purchase, try taping the bands around a fat highlighter pen for a few days.
Ardell #136 is more natural-looking. NYC #974 Glamour is probably my favorite right now. E.L.F. Nat. Lash Kit #1713 is good but you must blacken its band, also. The E.L.F. band is the most pliant of the group.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These lashes are freakin' amazing! I have the Ardell Fashion lashes in 110 black and they are SO natural! "your lashes but better" kind of look. I don't have much issue with volumizing my lashes, just lengthening thats the issue so these accomplish that flawlessly. Will definatley repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only been wearing false lashes for a month and I am in love with them. I 've experimented with different ones from ardell and ordered some from model 21 to try out. These 110's are perfect for me. I cut just a smidgen off the inside corner. They look very natural. My 3 favourite ardell lashes are 110, 120 Demi (a bit of trimming/adjusting to perfect the fit) and also the new style 136 is really nice. If I could only pick one style for the rest of my life it would be the 110. They are so natural looking I even workout in them. I buy them in bulk from Madame Madeline so they are affordable.