October 26, 2014 | 845 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Twilight Night Shimmer Ink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After its initial release as part of the Twilight Collection in '12 I recently saw Twilight Shimmer Ink again in spring of 2014 as part of a set called Bobbi's Essentials: Summer Edition. That set contains another favorite item of mine, the Wild Rose Shimmerbrick. But back to the gel eyeliner.
Shade description: A deep grey/brown mauve with small flecks of shimmer. It goes on dark but not opaque. It requires me to go over the line repeatedly to achieve a deep color saturation. And even then this shade does not look black, but a softer, natural and neutral dark grey. This is great for my light skin tone, when I am looking for definition, but not dark color. The shimmer is noticeable up close, definitely subtle, but it is there and it makes this shade unique. So this is one of the more understated gel eyeliner shades that I have come to like a lot. I would definitely repurchase if this were made permanent, but for now I am happy I get another few months of use with my new pot of Twilight Shimmer Ink.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My pot of Twilight Ink had been sitting unopened in my bathroom for 2 years before I mustered the courage to use a gel eyeliner.

As other reviewers had commented, the texture is very stiff, even though I had assumed this was to do with the shelf life of my particular purchase. Am glad I'm not the only one to have encountered the problem!

I use this for a solid lash line whenever I use my Bobbi Brown Eggplant shimmer wash shadow, as both colours compliment each other beautifully. The colour of Twilight Night varies depending on the light source: blackened-purple is about the right description, although the purple shows up more under bright light. It's actually the gold fine glitter which gives this product it's edge.

The staying power is excellent and, compared to the Bobbi Brown long wear metallic cream shadows, the fallout is minimal despite the glitter content. Even though the texture is stiff, it's still workable with an angled eyeliner brush.

I've since switched to NARS for the equivalent product since they brought out their Eye Paints. I've got the Tartar colour from that range, but am waiting until I finish the Bobbi Brown Twilight Night pot before I open this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

(released 2012)

Product - Twilight Night Shimmer Ink is a heathered grey with subtle purple and bronze shimmer. In the pot the shimmer is fabulous but it doesn't show up well once applied. The base color leans a little to the brown-black side of blackened purple, which is good for a softer look. Moderately rich pigmentation but not fully opaque. Good staying power as with most of BB's liners.

Comparisons - Less purple, more grey-brown, and more subdued than BB Black Mauve Shimmer Ink. Less purple, more grey, and slightly warmer toned than MAC Fluidline in Ash Violet.

Overall - Wish the shimmer stood out a bit more. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is great but that is it. The product itself is very dry and dried out in the pot very quickly. It is hard to apply and goes on streaky and flakes and smudges almost immediately.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My least favorite Bobbi Brown long wearing gel liner. I was looking for something similar to Clinique's Black Honey gel liner - a gorgeous bronzey purple with gold flecks - and thought I would try this shade which is a shimmering black plum. This one doesn't have the nice glide or the budge-proof benefits that I've loved with the other BB gel liners I've owned (ie. Black, Espresso, Ivy Shimmer). I find it drags pretty badly going on, isn't very opaque (I have to apply at least 3-4 lines over each other to get a solid enough line), and throughout the day I'll find little bits of fall out flakes on the tops of my cheeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty color, like Mothbrown or Llasa as an eyeliner but the texture is awful. Not at all like other BB gel liners & I have quite a few. Difficult & flaky to apply. Can't see the glitter. The worst Bobbi Brown eyeliner, unfortunately. I'd skip this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pretty shade of a blackened plum without being too violet-purple or muddy brown. However, the texture of these is nothing short of terrible. Dry and doesn't apply evenly, flakes off in patches and since the formula is such a pain to work with, the line always looks awkward and too heavy and thick. I can't thin it out and get a good, crisp thin line--certainly not one that lasts. BB used to be a line I swore by, now it's just become one disappointment after another.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I like this color a lot. It's really pretty and very wearable for both day and night. I think it makes my brown eyes pop.

I didn't give this a five because the texture is a little off. it feels a little dry and it's not as smooth as my other Bobbi Brown Gel liner (Caviar Ink to be exact). Other than that, it's a beautiful color and I'm glad it's not a limited edition product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I still can't figure out how this eyeliner looked SO beautiful on my hand when I tried it in the store but looks so dull on my actual eyes. I have green eyes and love deep purple liners - and anything described as a black plum with gold shimmer sounds like it would be right up my alley. But every time I've worn this, it just looks like a dull indeterminate color - not dramatic enough for black, not purple enough to make my eyes pop, not really anything. BB's violet ink gel liner shows up much more beautifully on me.

That said, the nice texture and ease of application was still there, so I'm giving this 3 lipsticks for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by RIX

I was keen to try this after enjoying using graphite shimmer ink and ivy. Texture seems dry and a liitle flaky? I am unable to wear this on my lower waterline and the small glitter particles irritate my eyes and cause them to water. The colour is a dark / deep eggplant purple with gold flecks. I was expecting more from this gel liner and although it looks ok -its not a product i feel i will reach for that often.