August 21, 2014 | 1304 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Cotton Pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just the prettiest baby doll pink. I could see where someone may not like the longevity of this lipstick because it is more balmy than lipstick but that is what I like about this. It is soft and pretty very moisturizing but with a bit of opaque color. You do have to reapply often but to me it's worth it. High maintenance with a very high end feel. A little expensive for drugstore lipstick about 10 bucks but I was about to get a deal at Walgreens just recently for about 6.50 so I was pleased. I would rebuy and have...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

COMPARISON BETWEEN L'OREAL COLOUR RICHE CARESSE & REVLON LIP BUTTERS
Cotton Pink is a delightful light bright Barbie pink. Like Lydia07 said, these lipsticks are treading that middle ground between a balm, stick and gloss but have more color than the L'oreal Balms do.
The Caresse lippies are comparable to Revlon's Lip Butter, and as I have both Cotton Pink and Revlon's Strawberry Shortcake, yes Cotton Pink is almost a perfect match to Revlon's LB Strawberry Shortcake, the differences being in texture and slight shade variation.
The texture of Cotton Pink - of these new L'oreal lippies- are weightless and less balmy than Revlon's Lip Butters. Also, Revlon's Strawberry Shortcake is a tinch warmer and just ever-so-slightly darker than L'oreal's Cotton Pink. Like Revlon's SS, I need to apply it in layers to get a colour payoff. Unlike Revlon's, L'oreal's may bleed and is not as shiny. Both products do not last long and I wish that that could be corrected. I think I prefer the Revlon over this, slightly better intensity, cuter packaging, easier to open and close, what appears to be more product and more shine. But I'm glad to have both in my arsenal, and if Revlon's was discontinued, I'd buy Cotton Pink again, although these may not be around for part of the permanent line - so if you find a colour you love, best stock up! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I give this a low rating for the color alone. I love the formula of this lipstick (I bought this one because I already had another one and loved it), which is very creamy and lush. It is somewhere between opaque and sheer, depending on the color and how much you layer it, but it looks lovely, very natural. Moisturizes, has a slightly shiny finish and just looks rich on.
However, I expected this to be a soft, baby pink and it was a very bright pink. Almost Barbie color, and it clashed very much with my pale skin and brown hair. I ended up returning it for Merino Mauve, which is the pretty, subtle pink I was hoping for.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by eemajin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Color is Barbie doll pink except 2 or 3 shades lighter. Rather opaque, moist, but not shiny. The color is too unnatural for me. I am a blue eyed freckled coppery redhead. Maybe it would be good for someone cool toned, but this is going back to the store. Got it on sale for $7 from $10.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this recently, i love moisturizing lipsticks and i also love light toned bright pinks, this however was not as moisturizing as i like and was also not pigmented enough and too light for my lips, i am extremely fair, cool toned, mac nc -5 or something lol, never been to mac, but my lips are very pigmented and a dark pink almost reddish color, this lipstick was very unflattering and is going back to the store, im sure i can find something else i like for $9.99

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by pcm52311

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A picture online on a beauty blog planted this lemming in my brain. The blogger had a simliar coloring and it looked so pretty on her. This is a light but very wearable pink. Paler pinks are often cool toned and just hard to pull off in general but this one is an exception. This lipstick is what I had hoped MAC Angel and Creme Cup would be. While I find Creme Cup more wearable on my warm skin (NC25-30)than Angel, it's still not nearly as flattering as Cotton Pink. This shade may be a bigger hit w/ the warmer toned ladies versus those w/ cooler tones IMO which is a nice change as far as lighter pink shades go. :)

The formula is very moisiturizing, much more so than the former as well. Retails for almost $8 @ Walmart. A wonderful lipstick for the price. I've noticed that even the brighter shades of this line are still very wearable which makes them even more appealing IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love love love this lipstick color. i think its a similar concept to the revlon lip butter but i feel its a little lighter on the lips, texture wise. revlon lip butter feels more "thick and buttery" this feels light and kind hydrating and i prefer this one. lots of the lighter brighter colors for revlon lip butters looks really really bad on ppl with dry lips, this is not the case. this pink is gorgeous and may be comparable to revlon LB in strawberry shortcake. i really want to try pink plush now!