April 16, 2014 | 1014 users online

Scrubs - Boots - No 7 Total Renewal Micro-dermabrasion Exfoliator

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by GaddesdenGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I could keep using this. It leaves my skin feeling amazing. Soft, supple healthy and glowing, not at all over dried or over worked (although I'd agree with the other reviews, it is very abrasive and once a week is enough)
Unfortunately manual exfoliants seem to give me broken capillaries. Every time - I never learn. I was tempted to keep it as a body scrub but gave it to a friend who uses manual facial exfoliants as its a great product and broken capillaries aside really did perk up my skin to look beautiful and glowing with some short lived pore refinement.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

Through trial & error my skin becomes dried out from skincare treatments (acne cleansers, mandelic acid peels, toners, ect). When it's dry, nothing on the market can mask the ugly look of my flakey skin. I use Make Up Artist Choice peels for deep exfoliation but those will never scrub off the dead skin cells. I've tried many exfoliators & this is the only one that actually gets rid of the flakey skin & uneven texture. Boots No 7 Total Renewal Micro-Dermabrasion exfoliator is VERY abrasive because it mainly consists of aluminum oxide crystals. I use this twice a week & my skin has never felt so soft. Foundation looks a lot less cakey since adding this to my skincare regime. The price & availability is awesome, too.

As for cons... this product probably won't give you long term results. If you want long term results for scars, discolorations, ect I'd suggest using a chemical exfoliator. I use mandelic acid. However if you have flakey skin that's difficult to remove - give Boots a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The "Micro-dermabrasion" caught my eye because I need a scrub that has tiny beads in it. I wanted to purchase Clarasonic or PMD's micro dermabrasion device but it costs too much for me, so I went ahead and got this.

The package says use once a week and I think it's accurate. The beads are so tiny but it really does gets into your skin. After usage my skin feels so nice and exfoliated. I used to have flakiness around my nose and now it's completely gone.

It's easy to wash it off and doesn't leave any residue. It doesn't break me out and I think this is one of the best scrub I've ever tried yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used a tube of this and while it is an effective exfoliator, be warned that it's very abrasive. This is not plastic beads or ground up seeds, but aluminum oxide crystals. (If you ever used Avon Anew's micro-dermabrasion exfoliator from ages ago, you'll find the Boots very similar.) It's definitely something that should only be used once or twice a week and follow the instructions to only scrub for a max of 60 seconds. Otherwise you'll basically tear your skin up.

It's meant to be used on already cleansed skin. It rinses rather easily and doesn't leave a residue. But beware if some gets in your mouth as you scrub near your lip line -- it's like sand in your teeth. It comes in a soft plastic tube with a flip-top, so easy to dispense in the shower and easy to use every last bit. It's not the cheapest exfoliator out there, but considering how powerful it is, the price isn't bad, especially with the relatively frequent 5 off Boots vouchers. I don't know that I'd pay full price at 11.

Although I'm not rushing out to repurchase, as I think it's a bit harsh for my skin, I won't say I'd never buy it again. My face definitely felt smoother after using it; it does work. So I'll keep it in mind if I need something with a bit more "oomph."

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No