July 31, 2014 | 1451 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible - Golden Emerald

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by cocoadolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eyeshadow. It's a beautiful glittery green. If you hate a lot of glitter though, I would stray from this because it is a lot which means there will be some fallout so I would suggest that you do your eyes first. Its long-lasting and gorgeous. My problem, and the reason that I took off one lippie, is the packaging for the Infallibles in general. The shadows tend to break, this is my second one that broke into little pieces. It's still usable that way, it's just really annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first swiped this on the back of my hand with a finger, this product spooked me because it seemed way, way more glittery than I expected. These were fairly big chunks of gold, and lots of them--very disco ball. But when I applied it with a brush and blended it out, it turned out to have much more muted effect. It's a green-gold shade that starts out a bit bluish-green but turns a softer green as it's blended. When blended, it's more shimmery than glittery. I found the formulation and/or packaging problematic. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the manufacturer or the retailer. I ordered this product from Amazon, and it arrived without a seal (I'm not sure whether or not it's usually sealed). After I unscrewed the jar lid and lifted the little plunger-press, I found almost all of the product congealed into a powdery block adhered to the bottom of the plunger-press (in other words, lifted out of the jar) rather than in the jar. I can deal with it, but was expecting a creamier formulation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by beautypiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this because I have supremely oily lids, and I've read testimony from some oily-lidded bloggers (Nouveau Cheap and Cult of Taupe, to be precise) that this eyeshadow line stayed put all day on them. Well...not so with me. Without primer (because I'm currently on the hunt for a good one), this shadow lasted all of five hours before I saw major creasing. Minor creasing and fading set in at about hour three, which really isn't any better than any other eyeshadow I've tried. "Infallible," indeed. I'm really sad now because I absolutely adore the color--it's the most beautiful rich grassy green with dense gold sparkle to liven it up, and it looks beautiful on my light brown eyes. :(

One more thing about this product that let me down: it applies really patchily, and you have to pack it on to get it to look evenly pigmented. Also, it's nearly impossible to blend--do not try to wear these with other shadows! However, I have to say that the shades in the line are pretty enough that each one deserves to be worn on its own. :)

In short: by all means run out and get this product if you don't have problems with creasing, fading eyeshadow, and have never had such problems. But if you have oily eyelids and are hoping for this to be the formula that actually works for you--don't get it. The product didn't live up to its claims at all for me. -sad sigh-

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just a gorgeous color! It's very flattering. I have brown eyes and this color really made them look lighter and prettier. I used this over the black jumbo eye pencil from nyx and omg it was so beautiful! Very happy with this purchase. I didn't have a problem with fallout or creasing but then again I use other products to specifically stop those things from happening. I'm very happy and want to try out some other colors now!.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I'm an eyeshadow snob and have always been disappointed with DS eye shadow purchases. Even a lot of high end shadows are completely unimpressive. I relented and purchased base on the review at temptalia and because I'm on a budget, but wanted something pretty. This is a great investment for me. I have dark eyes, dark hair, and fair skin. This looks fabulous. As I can easily wear dark colors, I will even wear for daytime. I like the formula. Yes, there is a bit of fallout when applying, but the payoff is so worth it. In fact. the fallout brushed away readily with a soft powder brush. Gorgeous. My husband loves me in green eyeshadow and the UD one I had was too garish for every day. Not this. I'm in love.

Edited and knocked down two notches. I love the way this applies and looks. I hate the way it makes my eyes feel itchy from the fallout. Hate that it does that. Because it is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

FINALLY I've found the perfect green eye shadow I've been searching for!
This is a gorgeous color; dark, warm green with subtle gold flecks. The color is a beautiful green without looking costume-y or garish, like so many colored eye shadows do. Dark enough to create a smoky look and the shimmer gives it a really pretty finish. Well pigmented, lasts all day without fading, and minimal fallout.
The formula is sort of a cross between pressed and loose powder - you get the feeling if you drop it, the shadow will shatter, but it's compressed together enough to use with a brush or applicator. It's a little bit gritty, but only because of the generous gold shimmer and not so much that it is bothersome.
These shadows are a bit pricey for drugstore but clearly worth it. I'm so pleased with this rich, flattering green and will definitely be buying more of these based on how happy I am with this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

gave this away to my niece. the color was beautiful, the fallout was ridic!!! it was all over my cheekbones and looked horrible. 1 star for beautiful color, 1 star for good price. thats it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ChemicalMonster

Emerald city, here I come! This is a vibrant forest green with strong gold shimmer. It's just a perfect grass green. I've been looking everywhere for a green like this but they usually have gray or blue undertones which this doesn't have. It's easy to store. Fallout is moderate. Blending ability is not the best. It can look a bit dirty when you blend it too much and you will lose its color and vibrancy. You might want to try to pack some more color on carefully after you blend. I personally like to use this as a crease color with elfs studio pigment eyeshadow in golden goddess and wet nwilds comfort zone (light green eyeshadow) on the lid. And to darken it up a bit for a night out, wet nwilds comfort zone dark green eyeshadow ( labeled as crease) as an outer corner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

Gorgeous colour, staying power and pigmentation, pretty much like all of the infallible eyeshadows. I gotta get them all! Amaze! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Golden Emerald is a MUST HAVE if you're a fan of green eye shadow. It's a dark, bold and somewhat mossy shade of green with very obvious gold sparkle. The sparkles aren't quite glitter as the particles are pretty small, but they stand out pretty well from the rest of the eye shadow rather than just giving the color a golden sheen. The texture is completely smooth and there's not much fallout if you use a decent brush, but the eye shadow is still a bit on the blingy side for an otherwise stately shade of green. And I mean that in the best possible way! It'd work well for fun, loud makeup, but could be suitable for a more conservative work environment if used sparingly with neutral shades in less frosty finishes or used wet as a liner. Greens, especially greens with gold or olive undertones, are some of the easier "bold" shades to sneak into more modest eye looks as they tend to pair really well with taupes, beiges and creams.

Like all Infallible eye shadows, Golden Emerald is a loosely pressed powder eye shadow packaged in a plastic jar with a little plastic press to keep the product from coming unpacked. The texture is very smooth and soft, almost creamy. It glides across the lid well and adheres with little fallout. I find it to be fairly pigmented even when applied with a dry brush, but of course it intensifies when it's applied damp. The wear is really good for a budget brand eye shadow. I get maybe 8 hours of wear from it before it starts to fade if I don't apply primer, but it lasts many hours more than that over a decent eye primer (I use Too Face Shadow Insurance). Even without a primer, I didn't experience much creasing.

These shadows are a pretty good value for the buck too. $8 for a single shade might seem somewhat pricey at first for a budget brand eyeshadow, but you're getting a pretty generous 3.5 grams of product at that price. That's over twice the size of a MAC or Urban Decay eye shadow for half the price. I call that a real bargain, one made even better if you catch them when they're on sale!

This shade came out with 5 others as a part of a summer release for L'Oreal, so I'm not sure if it's to be a part of the permanent line or not. I hope it is, as it's far too pretty to go away!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No