September 30, 2014 | 2105 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula - 2012/2013)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Amaris392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation for everyday wear. I use it with my beauty blender to sheer out the coverage a little bit. I would have loved it even more if it had a pump but the quality of the make up makes up for it. it does last all day but dont get fooled you need a good primer if not it starts to flake off. This is the only product i really like from the colorstay line. the concealer sucks and so do the lipsticks. but i can always count on my colorstay. i think of the there was a shade between ivory and buff it would be perfect becasue the ivory is way to pink and the buff it way top cool tone but i usually mis both of them. always set this foundation if not it gets kinda tacky.
LOVE..kisses
-A

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by whdz050

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon colorstay 24hrs Review
I was excited to try this foundation because of the 24 hour color stay. I have very oily skin and some acne so I needed something to cover my acne scars. I bought the combination/oiky skin - color caramel. The foundation is very thick, which is understandable if it says it will last 24 hours. The coverage was great, it blended well with my skin tone, and had a nice finishing look... but my skin was only able to handle this foundation for 2 hours. My skin started getting very oily and also i could feel the thick foundation sitting on my face. I also broke out a little from only wearing it for the 2 hours. The smell really didn't bother me, it went away after I applied it. If my skin was able to take it, I believe it would be a good foundation. It is very hard for me to find a color that will my skin tone and I was sad that it didn't work out for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to try it for myself because of all the reviews I've heard about it. I tried it in Fresh Beige, I believe. It was on sale for $14.99 which is pretty great considering some places sell it at $20 regular price.

So...

1) I absolutely could not get past the smell. It reminds me of medicated lotion of some sort, but the smell just lingered on me.

2) It felt thick on my skin. I don't mind medium - heavy coverage, but the feeling was too much for me.

4) The glass bottle wasn't really a problem, I've used Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation and I just pour some on the back of my hand. A pump would be nice, but I'm not really complaining. Just be careful when you pour it out.

3) It made my skin look fantastic. It didn't look cakey at all and it gave me a nice satin finish. However, the colour was too pink for me.

Unfortunately, I couldn't return it so I had to throw it. If the smell doesn't bother you and you need heavy coverage, then give this one a try. Make sure you can return it though if you it doesn't work out for you because it can be a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by starhz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading so many reviews I thought this foundation was going to be, at least, good. I was definitely wrong! It makes my skin look so dry and cakey no matter what method I use to apply it. It does stay for quite a while, but its staying power doesn't outweigh the fact that it looks so bad on the skin. This foundation is definitely not worth the money, especially here in Australia where it is excessively expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

The old Colorstay was drying (extreeeeeemely drying) but at the very least, even when the color were off, the foundation looked natural. With the new formula, all three shades of the darker colors dry down gray and ashy looking. Also, this formula doesn't wear anywhere near as long as the old 16 hour formula. You can still find some of the old Softflex bottles on Ebay (but not for long. They'll be old and bad for use very soon.)

NW50: Tried Cappuccino, Mahogany and Mocha, unsuccessfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Read rave reviews on this and was looking for a full coverage foundation. I have had several really bad breakouts this year, lots of acne scarring around the chin, and mineral foundation just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Bought some of this in Natural Beige, which worked well for me; I'm fair with slight gold undertones, but it's summer so I'm probably more of a Nude in winter? I guess we'll see.

It hides imperfections well, although I do need to use a concealer for hard-to-cover areas, like a zit or dark under-eye circles. Although the formula is very thick and hard to get out of the bottle, I just shake it upside down, turn it right side up, unscrew the cap, and it seems to come out a lot easier that way. (Honestly, not unlike a glass ketchup bottle).

I apply it with a Stippling Brush from ELF. It blends out really well with my skin, but you must be careful to apply it with a light hand, or it will end up looking cakey/like a mask. There have been times I have over-applied because I was in a rush and it has looked horrible. That's just an operator error, but it's good to take note of that: a little goes a long way.

The foundation itself is the best I have ever used. The packaging could use some work, and the price is a little steep for a drugstore foundation (I paid about $12-$13 here in the Midwest), but overall, it's great.

I haven't noticed any transfer issues (but I set my face with a translucent powder), and I haven't had any problems with it looking orange/streaky. I don't know that it stays for 24 hours, but I seem to be able to make it through a 12 hour shift without it wearing off very much. (I work in a hot/humid environment so I don't expect my makeup to "stay all day"). Hasn't caused any breakouts either, so that's definitely a plus...I know that's a problem for some people.

Give it a try! Not for everyone but definitely my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by showfish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up two colors at the drugstore (one lighter , one darker than my original skin tone). I picked up 310 in Warm Golden which was a perfect fit for me except the fact that I have dry skin and I picked the Oily/Combo formula... The other color I picked up was 270 Medium Beige for Dry/Normal skin which made my skin look really PINK! It was a bad match for my skin. The formula is QUITE thick. I literally had to shake the bottle 30 times until it dripped to the rim. It can also be a messy application if you aren't careful. I wish this formula had a pump or something. Anyway, when I applied it to my face it was very CAKEY (it could have been due to the oily/combo formula). Another tip: don't mind setting it with a powder because it dries matte.
Would I buy this product again?? No, I would rather spend my money on the L'Oreal TruMatch or Covergirl 3-in-1!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Rhiannonblackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried both the oily and dry formulas multiple times before I had to give up on this foundation. It made my acne go crazy. But it always looked flawless and perfect for hours. It would stay put and stay perfect. I wish my skin would agree with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this makeup when I traveled out of town and forgot my makeup bag at home. I needed makeup for the wedding, but didn't want to spend much money on more when I already have a lot at home. I figured I would just pop into Walmart and buy some inexpensive products. Many Youtube beauty gurus list this as a really popular, quality, inexpensive drugstore brand. So it wasn't very hard of a decision to choose this.

The color options of this product are okay. There are 20 or so shades, though the Walmart I was at only carried around 10 of those (all seemed to have a neutral or cool undertone. The other shades online have warm options). There aren't many options for those with complexions deeper than a medium brown (mahogany-ish). For me, it wasn't a problem, but it may be for others. The shade I have is Cappuccino, which isn't a very deep complexion, but is the third to darkest shade. I was hoping to get Caramel, as Cappucino is a shade too dark and too cool for me, but it's nothing too bad or noticeable to work with. The foundation comes in two formulas: one for normal/dry skin and the other for combo/oily skin. I chose the combo/oily formula.

I'm not too keen on the texture and finish of the product. It is a little greasy feeling and very dewy in finish. No matter how much blending can be done it will transfer and rub off onto whatever touches it. It also pools into pores and enhaces the look of them. Luckily I always have my mini-sized Benefit Porefessional primer in my purse, which helped combat pore settling, aided in shine and oil reduction and easier application. Nothing could help the greasy feeling, though. The foundation is too dewy and it feels like its melting off of my skin on warmer days. A setting powder aids in reducing the dewi-ness, as my skin is naturally shiny from oil, making me prefer a matte finish. I hate the bottle. Since there is no pump, the only option of getting any product out is pouring it out through the wide opening. Doing this usually causes me to pour more than necessary, and waste a lot of unused product.

It has good coverage. I have uneven skin tone from being in the sun a lot, in addition to dark spots from acne scarring, and it covers those and the beauty mark above my lip really well with no concealer. It blends nicely as well with no streaking whether a brush, beauty blender, or fingers are used. Unlike a lot of dewy foundations I've used in the past, this didn't break me out. My skin remained its usual somewhat clear state. I appreciate that it doesn't oxidate, and the color purchased is the color it stays. Again, the undertone is on the neutral/cool side while mine is warm, but it didn't look unnatural on me.

This product is okay. $10 for an ounce is a pretty good deal, considering I usually pay $42 for an ounce of my favorite Smashbox or $32 for Mac Pro Longwear foundations. The quality is decent and good enough for being an inexpensive, drugstore brand, so of course amazing results won't be expected. It's alright for $10, and in a pinch, I may consider repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by rhin27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation has medium to high coverage but it is very buildable, you can put this on without it looking too cakey. It lasts for a very long time like the packaging says and it doens't go orange over time on your face. It photographs quite well and I love wearing this on days when I want more coverage and it doesn't feel heavy at all :) Great product, and I love that it comes with a pump - makes life so much easier!