July 28, 2014 | 1687 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula - 2012/2013)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by MizzahPanda

This foundation is good for my skin. I used the this foundation for about a week and I really loved it because it does last a long time, it doesn't patch up, and it had medium-full coverage. But I've been more focused on clearing my skin rather than just covering it. I've reads lots of review about this products and they says it's very clogging to the pores, oily, and just not good for acne-prone skin. and guess what, it's true.. my sister had problem skin and she have already try this products.. it's doesn't give a good texture for sensitive skin.. But for me, it's just fine.. for my skin it's just great! it's just one of the great foundation i've ever used♥

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the one foundation I will use for the rest of my life! I have extremely oily skin and i've tried almost every foundation there is, from drugstore to high end, but this foundation is the one I always come back to. I use the one for combination/oily skin. I don't stay matte all day long, but I don't end up as oily as I would with any other foundation. It stays put during long days of work and long nights out. While they do have a large color selection, I feel as though they're only made for women who have pink undertones. I wish they would come out with more "yellow" colors... I still haven't found my perfect shade yet =/ Also, the bottle sucks.. it definitely needs a pump. But other than that, I recommend this foundation for oily skinned ladies.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by spirovelvet

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. First of all, the packaging it's so bad because you have no control because it doesn't have a pump and how it is a very liquidy foundation it can be a mess if you are not careful. I got like two shades lighter than my skintone but it oxidized on me and it turned like my skintone like an hour later I applied it. It has a good coverage but it's so heavy and it looks cakey after a while. One day I wear it for 24 hours straight and it lasts very well. I have acne prone skin and accentuates my zits, and it has like a powder finish which i don't like because I don't use powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried to like this foundation. The color is like an identical replica of my skin color (Cappucino). Unfortunately, this foundation looks blotchy after application and I have not experienced this with my beloved MAC. I was hoping to like this for the price however, its not working out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation has the honor of being one of the few makeup items I've actually returned to the store--I hated it that much. I wanted to like it because of all the raves by beauty blogs, so when a BOG1O deal presented itself, I bought both Caramel and Toast for combination/oily skin (I'm somewhere between NC42-44). The Caramel was too dark/cool-toned, and while Toast was a perfect match, this product WRECKED my skin. It didn't break me out, but it dried my skin out, making me look like an old woman who had tanned too much in her life. The oily parts of my skin (my cheeks) looked great and glowing, but everywhere else felt dry and 'tight,' and I had fine lines and flaky skin appearing around my nose (an area where my skin tends to be on the dry side), where they weren't before. The tightness and the fine lines persisted even after I stopped using the makeup, so I stopped wearing makeup for about a week and instead carried around moisturizer to hydrate my skin whenever it started feeling tight, which was often throughout the day.

I tried applying this with a foundation sponge as well as with a brush (and smoothing out with my fingers). I believe I also used a primer one of the days I tried this out, and it had the same drying effect. I don't want to have to buy two different formulas of foundation for the oily parts of my face and the dry parts of my face. Maybe I was doing something wrong in terms of application or type of primer, but I don't want to use a foundation where I NEED primer to stop the foundation from ruining my skin.

The packaging is also annoying -- it's a thick and sticky formula, but it's just sitting in the bottle so it's hard to get out of the bottle. You'll need a stick of some sort to get it out because tapping the bottle onto your skin won't work.

Maybe my mistake is buying the 24-hr formula, but it looks like the earlier formulas that everyone raved about are no longer available.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by cozworth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved this foundation and used it faithfully for 10 years. Then they changed the formula.

Now it turns a slightly orange color when I wear it. It has a gooey, unpleasant texture no matter how I apply it or what I use to set it.

In addition it causes me to break out - which the old formula never did.

It used to be a superior product. Now it is no better than any other drugstore foundation.

HEY REVLON! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? YOU TOOK SOMETHING AWESOME AND MADE IT LOUSY!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I really, really like this stuff. My skin tends to be on the oily side, so I use the formula for oily skin. It blends better than the Estee Lauder foundation I bought in the same time frame, and I found myself turning to the ColorStay more often than any other foundation I had. I use the 240 in winter and the 310 in the summer. High-medium coverage. I find myself using this in place of concealer even when I don't want full foundation on as it doesn't settle into and accentuate lines like concealer can.
I got the wrong color the first shot, I gave it another shot and found the PERFECT color for me. I don't think I'll ever stop using this.
Make sure you thoroughly remove, soap and water alone (even with toner after) won't cut it and you'll be sure to break out. MU remover a must.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am constantly trying out different types of foundation for my skin type and this one is pretty high on my success list. I would definitely say I have your typical teenage skin. My acne can get anywhere from mild to somewhat severe in just a few days, which calls for heavy coverage. My skin is also very combination like. Some spots are oily, other parts are dry. This foundation works well with my indecisive skin. It starts as a medium coverage and very easily builds to a full coverage without all the cakiness that most full coverage foundations would have. I typically have a tough time finding my exact shade however I easily found mine in this foundation on my first try. The thickness of the formula is what I would consider 'average'. It's not super runny but not super thick either. It definitely looks its best when applied with your hands rather than with a brush or sponge. However, I wish this foundation had a pump. It's a little pricey for a drugstore foundation but the results are definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Would I buy this again?" ......I answered "Yes" but Im torn between yes and no.

As far as a foundation goes, this was decently priced which is what attracted me to it. I liked the glass bottle which gave it a high end feel and I liked the 24 hour promise because I hate when foundations cake up after only an hour or two.

The coverage of this is really good and it does a great job of evening out my skin tone and, given enough coats, covers blemishes and red spots. Plus there is a lot in the bottle and I found a little goes a long way. I have had mine for months now and it is still going strong.
Basically, this product will do in a pinch and has been my "go-to" foundation.

On the negative side, even though the formula claims it is oil free, I find that this formula is HIGHLY pour clogging. I have not been putting on makeup except when leaving the house and so my skin is usually clear and blemish free. But as SOON as I put on this makeup even once, my pours are clogged and I find blackheads and clogged pours showing up within days or even a couple weeks after. (Yes, it can take up to 2 weeks for something you put on your skin to show up later in blemish form...look it up! ) Even putting dot of makeup in my palm and running it under water you see the water bouncing right off and even with some scrubbing it takes a while to get it off of your fingers. .

Sooo its fine for once in a while use, but if you wear foundation every day or even every couple days I would recommend something a little more healthy and light for your skin, or at least invest is a pretty abrasive exfoliate for your skin afterwards to clear out your pours and break up the mask of makeup. Otherwise, your skin will start hating you and even more so if your skin is prone to blemishes/clogged pours like mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by gabrielledx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finding affordable foundations that are up to the job isn't easy, especially when it comes to finding a suitable shade. Revlon has the best shade range for paler skintones in UK drugstores by a mile. I find that with this foundation I can mix it with other liquid foundations to create other shades and different finishes. Colourstay is easy to work with and you can build it up to your preferred coverage. It works well with different concealers and will last a full day with powder. One of the downfalls of this product would be the packaging. I've had problems with leaking due to the bottle not having a pump. It isn't enough of a problem to stop me from buying the product but can be a nuisance when in a rush. Being a person who is prone to breakouts, I've found that this product causes no problems or breakouts. Be sure to remove all of the foundation as it can be tough to remove when wearing powder. I believe that with dry skin, it is best to moisturise beforehand and apply with fingers in a circular motion or with a buffing brush. For sensitive skin, I would recommend applying in a stippling motion to stop skin irritation. Concealer is best patted on top as sometimes the foundation may become cakey with a heavy concealer underneath.