Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

My daily make up routine would be moisturizer, foundation, blush, mascara, liquid eye liner and lipstick. Inwould usually spend about 15 to 20 mins max for the whole regimen. Because of the change in shades of Photoready, I decided to choose this. I tried it on with my moisturizer as my under foundation as it usually helps in making sure I am able to blend well my foundation, so after using my moisturizer I applied this on. First, because it does not have a pump, controlling the flow was quite a challenge, but alright, that should just be minimal,at least, so next, when I tried to blend it on my face with the foundation brush, the texture was so thick plus the moisturizer, that was a big no no, it looked like my face was a mess. Alright, so next option, no moisturizer just a clean face a little bit moistened, with just water,okay foundation goes to my face and blending it was better this time, I am using my foundation brush and because of the thickness of the liquid, my usual 15 to 20 mins routine for my make up jumped to almost 30. So for the coverage, it was really good, my flaws which included some bumpy lookin zits went almost invisible, you have to be really close to me to notice coz it was barely there. would I recommend it, not as a daily foundation, bec it will eat too much time plus because of the full coverage its a little heavy for an everyday look, but for special occasions big yes!

Overall this foundation is great! I have struggled in the past with foundations especially with severe acne and temperamental skin conditions. I was always on a constant mission buying numerous foundations- cheap and expensive, to cater for my needs. I was on the search for a medium to heavy coverage (therefore to allow my acne to not entirely ruin my face) but to cover what I did not want to be seen (scaring and the ongoing pimples). This foundation did this for me! It is buildable, easy to apply and didn't dry the severe sections of acne on my face. It's quite runny which I believe is the best for acne prone skin types as thicker consistency can be a chore to blend often inflaming the already sore skin. The only downside of this foundation is partly is its sales pitch..... COLOUR STAY. Oh boy does this stuff stay! With acne prone skin and ALL skin it is vital that I was going to bed entirely makeup free! This stuff is not easy to get off! But I found the solution! I use Garnier Eye Makeup Remover all over my face, it is an oil based product which breaks down the foundation. After I always wash twice with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash, this combination works a treat. It is important that with this foundation you test the efficiency of your cleansing as I found out my normal routine prior to this foundation was hopeless against it, the first time i wore the foundation I went through dozens of makeup wipes scraping the stuff of my skin AFTER i had already cleansed it YIKES! Yet this stuff is great! I continue to buy it everytime I run out and it never fails to serve me well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation. First i bought it 2 years ago in 150 buff. I wanted a foundation with great coverage and to last long. I remember that i don't like it at all but when it ended I bought it again bc in my country this is the only drugstore foundation that is lightest enough for me, but not my shade at all and again in buff and the formula for normal/dry skin, bc i don't like matte finish. It has a little...um.. shimmer in it that i like so much. It doesn't dry your skin, but it doesn't hydrate it too. If your skin is dry it will stay dry after applying the foundation (just to know that).
It has some sort of dewy finish that i totally LOVE.
The coverage is medium, my skin looks flawless with it. Lasting power is pretty good- about 6, 7 without a primer, powder or fixing spray, i only use powder fot the undereye area.
But it depends- some time it lasts about 10-12 hours, but never less than 6 hours. I don't know why actually..
The only thing that i don't like about the foundation is the shade 150 buff: is not my perfect match. When i am with my hair up you can see the difference between my face and neck. And i know that i can apply it on the neck either but i want a perfect skin match.
And on my face is a little grey and it turns into pinkish(oxidize a little), but it is not so much.
I really like it, but probably won't buy it again because of shades.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've used Colorstay foundation in Ivory or Buff since its first iteration, where it dried in under a second and stuck to your face like paint. Revlon perfected the formula with SoftFlex (whatever that is), indicated by a little sticker showing a piece of mesh .The formula and shade range was perfect from that moment on, but as we all know-- nothing gold can (Color)stay.

So, Revlon gave us the sleek pump bottle we've been requesting for the last twenty years....but took away the reason we buy it in the first place. This was a high-end quality foundation at a low price, with a skin-like finish, relatively luxurious thickness, and great staying power.

Now I look like a sick, chalky zombie. My longtime standby, Buff/Chamois is now thin, runny, and ghostly pale. Good staying power, but this time I don't want it to stay! My skin also seems to be a tad more pebbly since giving this stuff a chance, but that could be due to other factors.

RIP to a drugstore legend.

This foundation is awful for acne prone skin!! I had a horrible phase of acne this summer and after a few months on topical creams and medication it finally went away about 2 months ago. I was doing research online to try and find the best drug store foundation and I read so many amazing reviews on this product, and don't get me wrong, it was amazing! The first day I wore it I loved it, then the next day I woke up with a pimple or 2, which was fine. Within 2 weeks of me wearing it my entire face had broke out into massive bumps and cystic acne, worse than I had it in the summer. It was horrible, I was so self conscious and of course it was Christmas time and there were tons of pictures being taken. After googling revlon color stay + acne I found so many reviews I didn't see before, saying it happened to other people. Within 2 days of not using this foundation my breakouts stopped. It's been about a week now and I've had very little new breakouts but still have to deal with the red marks and scarring until they go away :(
Do not buy if you are acne prone!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite liquid drugstore foundation! Full coverage, matte, and long wearing. Perfect for oily acne ridden girls!

At first I loved this foundation, it gave me very great coverage and a demi matte finish for my oily skin but it was very thick and had a really yellow undertone and later on throughout the day it started to get very dry and made my skin tight and uncomfortable even with a moisturizing primer underneath. Not only that but it does come off on clothes easily but then it was very difficult to remove, but it did last all day. My least favorite part about this foundation was that it broke me out terribly after one use. I do have acne prone skin but not to the point of having terrible breakouts from foundation. I would not repurchase this product

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the best drug store foundations on the market, in my opinion. It has been compared to high end foundations time and time again. The formula for oily/combination skin is thicker than the formula for the dry skin. The finish I get is matte, borderline satin matte and I've gotten countless compliments on my skin/makeup when wearing this product.

Pros:
- longevity
- color selection
- buildable
- medium to full coverage

Cons:
- color changes throughout the day
- after a while, oil starts peaking through

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love the coverage it gives but I think it makes my skin look unnatural (maybe cause I bought it when I was still learning to apply makeup) I didn't use it as a foundation for long because I accidentally bought the wrong color. I have warm undertones and True beige although its close to my complexion is too pink and ashy for me. So I turned it into a concealer!! It is perfect as a concealer for me and covers everything well. It's also very transfer resistant and stays on for a very long time.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product is terrible. It goes on smooth and looks very nice at first. It gives a now matte finish, without too much of a matte finish. But after about 5 minutes of wear I notice the product becomes much darker than it is at first. That is CRAP, if the product is going to oxidize at least let it be a few minutes longer. The foundation has crap staying power also, the only time this product last long is when I go full face with contouring, highlighting, blush and everything else. I only recommend this product if you are going to be using a full face because then the product won't even be noticeable anymore. But this foundation by itself, even with a powder I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!! Save your money !!