November 29, 2014 | 1527 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula - 2012/2013)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by leisterz

Used this foundation on and off for YEARS. I don't even know why I bother foundation hopping since it's the one foundation I always come back to. Neverthelss, this is not a HG/perfect foundation because of the limited color selection. The reason I always reach back for this is because all things considered--price, coverage, lasting power, how well it photographs--this is the best bang for your buck.

I have dry skin and used both the normal/dry and combo/oily and while they are similar, I have to say that for picture purposes, the combo/oily works better since it doesn't have SPF (or was it spf 6?). Consistency for the oily one is slightly thicker and harder to spread, but if you moisturize well and use a beauty blender or flat top kabuki to stipple, it gives amazing coverage.

CONS: It *can* look cakey if layered too much. Also, I am not happy how the price keeps increasing every year. Yes, Revlon has more color selections that other drug store brands but has very few with yellow undertones...it can be fixed by mixing turmeric or yellow pigments into the foundation but is a hassle. Can make skin look a little flaky by the end of the day if you have DRY skin (even for normal/dry product).

However, the lasting power (it held up even in intense humidity), great coverage, and the fact it's very photograph-friendly, more than make up for the cons imo. Whenever I use this, I get so many compliments on how flawless I look even by the end of the day. People are often shocked at how different I look when I take the makeup off. As much as I dislike the color selection, I find myself tediously mixing up yellow pigments into this foundation because I can't justify paying so much more for higher end ones that do pretty much the same (if not less) thing as this foundation.

Though not HG, I'm giving it 5 lippies because I cannot find (or have not found) anything better than this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ImAllAboutDatFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in the combo/oily and the normal/dry formulas. I do like both, but I feel that the normal/dry skin is much better than the combo/oily skin. I wear toast in the dry skin and golden caramel in the combo. However, the 16 hr. wear is better than both of them because it blends so much better and it lasts longer. Overall, the 24 hr. wear ones are good, but I just wish they lasted a little longer and has a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by skylalavigne

i have very dry skin around my nose and ALL OVER my forehead, the rest of my skin is normal. this foundation emphasizes dry flaky skin A LOT even with a primer. its nice coverage for redness, evens out skin color perfectly, medium/full coverage. I'm in the color #200 Nude and it might be a little too light for me but it works. i get this for around $11 at walmart although at cvs they charge $15+. very expensive for drugstore

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in #250 Fresh Beige in the (normal/combo) version. I have dry skin but I heard the normal/combo one provides more coverage and had more yellow tones. First off, unlike most ppl, i don't really mind the smell. I don't have really bad skin. Mainly redness around my noise area and on my cheeks. I just wanted something to even out my skin and cover up my problem areas completely. For some reason, i don't find this foundation "full coverage" at all. Like i mentioned earlier, my skin isn't that bad but i didn't find this foundation covering my imperfections well at all. But, the biggest problem with this foundation is that it broke me out horribly! it was awful! I had cystic acne all over my face when i used this. I'm guessing it has SPF in it. Even though it's not stated on the bottle - the ones in Canada anyways. I know the SPF is shown on the bottles that are sold in the US. Any foundation that contains SPF breaks me out terribly!!! Also the color selection is awful... there are no neutral undertones. minimal yellow undertones and a whole lot of pink undertones.

However, the "whipped" version of this foundation actually works very well for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by dreamchaser101

I love the packaging , the price here in the philippines is 900 php equivalent to 20u.s dollars .
So ye . it's on a pricey side. .... Here , living in a hot humid country it does control my oiliness a bit, it does feel heavy a bit, gives you medium coverage.. but the only downside about this foundation is that it gives me burning sensation on my faceeee. i dont use primer or anything ,

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by cameo98

I will never use anything else! People have told me that my skin looks "airbrushed", "perfect", "flawless." It stays on all day through EVERYTHING: running, sweating, humidity, and EVEN SWIMMING & SHOWERS! People I know are amazed at how well this foundation looks.

I have tried every kind of foundation and concealer but this is the BEST by far because it NEVER comes off. I have combination skin, so my T-zone becomes somewhat oily throughout the day, especially my nose. Other foundations rub off due to the oil. but this foundation stays put COMPLETELY. NEVER WEARS OFF!

I am super insecure about showing my bare skin. Using this foundation makes me feel comfortable and so much more confident in my own skin.

I use the color Nude and it matches perfectly with my skin tone.
I apply using a concealer brush and blend using a beauty blender.
I set it with either Maybelline's Dream Wonder Powder in Classic Ivory or Bare Minerals Matte Powder in Golden Fair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Amaris392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation for everyday wear. I use it with my beauty blender to sheer out the coverage a little bit. I would have loved it even more if it had a pump but the quality of the make up makes up for it. it does last all day but dont get fooled you need a good primer if not it starts to flake off. This is the only product i really like from the colorstay line. the concealer sucks and so do the lipsticks. but i can always count on my colorstay. i think of the there was a shade between ivory and buff it would be perfect becasue the ivory is way to pink and the buff it way top cool tone but i usually mis both of them. always set this foundation if not it gets kinda tacky.
LOVE..kisses
-A

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by whdz050

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon colorstay 24hrs Review
I was excited to try this foundation because of the 24 hour color stay. I have very oily skin and some acne so I needed something to cover my acne scars. I bought the combination/oiky skin - color caramel. The foundation is very thick, which is understandable if it says it will last 24 hours. The coverage was great, it blended well with my skin tone, and had a nice finishing look... but my skin was only able to handle this foundation for 2 hours. My skin started getting very oily and also i could feel the thick foundation sitting on my face. I also broke out a little from only wearing it for the 2 hours. The smell really didn't bother me, it went away after I applied it. If my skin was able to take it, I believe it would be a good foundation. It is very hard for me to find a color that will my skin tone and I was sad that it didn't work out for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to try it for myself because of all the reviews I've heard about it. I tried it in Fresh Beige, I believe. It was on sale for $14.99 which is pretty great considering some places sell it at $20 regular price.

So...

1) I absolutely could not get past the smell. It reminds me of medicated lotion of some sort, but the smell just lingered on me.

2) It felt thick on my skin. I don't mind medium - heavy coverage, but the feeling was too much for me.

4) The glass bottle wasn't really a problem, I've used Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation and I just pour some on the back of my hand. A pump would be nice, but I'm not really complaining. Just be careful when you pour it out.

3) It made my skin look fantastic. It didn't look cakey at all and it gave me a nice satin finish. However, the colour was too pink for me.

Unfortunately, I couldn't return it so I had to throw it. If the smell doesn't bother you and you need heavy coverage, then give this one a try. Make sure you can return it though if you it doesn't work out for you because it can be a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by starhz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading so many reviews I thought this foundation was going to be, at least, good. I was definitely wrong! It makes my skin look so dry and cakey no matter what method I use to apply it. It does stay for quite a while, but its staying power doesn't outweigh the fact that it looks so bad on the skin. This foundation is definitely not worth the money, especially here in Australia where it is excessively expensive.