Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 4/18/2015 10:13:00 PM

I got this shade in 110 ivory and it's perfect for my porcelain skin tone. It doesn't oxodize and turn orange. The coverage is really good. The texture is really velvety. It lasts all day and doesn't turm oily. The only bad things is it has a slight floral scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

made me breakout like crazy, Color fades, doesnt controls sebum very good, and it made my Skin itch and sting :((( luckily i was able to return it, otherwise i would have spend too much Money on s***... ^^*

on 4/16/2015 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly this whole "colorstay" stuff is overrated.
I'm oily and got the one for combo/oily skin.
I'm a light medium color with yellow/olive skin.
In MAC I'm a C3 with face and body.
C30 with studio fix, NC25 with Studio Fix Fluid.
With studio fix fluid I easily get about 8 hours of wear.
With the Revlon Colorstay I get the SAME wear.
I will note that with the Revlon I actually notice fading sooner, after about 5-6 hours I can see imperfections peaking through.
I also notice that this foundation has me touching up more often due to looking oily sooner.
Then on top of that this stuff creases around my mouth (smile lines) I don't ever really have that problem with most foundations, I'm 20.

I also had an issue with finding a right shade for me. Which is something I always have an issue with when it comes to Revlon. The closest match as far as depth of color was True Beige I believe but the undertone was way too pink for me. If I used a thin amount it looked ashy, if I used a second layer it looked muddy.
I think there was a warmer toned one but it was darker, I tried mixing it. It turned peach, just didn't match for me either.

Coverage isn't Full coverage. I think people are being a bit overdramatic. I would consider this medium-buildable coverage.

So sick of everyone trying to force this product on everyone when it's just a whatever product.
I do believe it lasts longer than most if not ALL drugstore foundations so if you're used to using drugstore makeup then I guess it makes sense that you'd be surprised at how long it lasts
But I use more mid-higher end and usually get longer lasting results with stuff that isn't even meant to be long lasting.
I find Pro longwear is very similar to this.
Both give the same coverage, both can crease around the smile line areas, both are long wear. I find the pro longwear to be more sticky but it actually lasts longer. I accidentally slept with both on. Prolong wear definitely stayed put more than the colorstay

I used to use this all the time when I was younger, I probably went through around 5 bottles of the combo to oily formulation because I was a chronic grease ball with severe scarring

I recently repurchased some of this in the shade Buff (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and NC20 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation) and I have to say that I still really like it

The coverage is still as good as I remember, the formula isn't quite as dry as I remember but that's a good thing in my opinion, the older formula used to leave me with cracked foundation around my mouth if I smiled

The blendability has been fixed somewhat, I managed to actaully apply this with a brush this time around whereas last time I used it I had to use a damp sponge for fear of it looking way too cakey, I'd still use the damp sponge though becasue that's the finish I prefer with this stuff

This foundation has a very matte finish which I personally like but I could definitely see some people taking issue with, if you don't want a matte finish try Colorstay Whipped instead

The chemical smell is still present which I like, it takes me back but if you're quite sensitive to scent then I'd avoid this, it can be kind of strong

After applying this with a sponge about two weeks ago I managed to make it last for 14 hours, not the 24 the label promises but I was expecting that to happen, it doesn't crack when I smile anymore so that's good and just like before it doesn't break me out so I really like this

I'd recommend this to oily skinned people who are looking for a long lasting foundation to cover up some moderate discolouration with, that being said I probably won't repurchase this foundation any time soon because I've moved on now, I've found other foundations that I just like more

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried this about 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. This foundation is high coverage, easily blend able, lasts all day and doesn't smudge or run. I think it goes on smoother with primer, and it does dry quickly so I suggest working on one area first and then when you are finished with all areas go back over it to blend everything together.
A flat top kabuki has worked best for me but I also use a beauty blender for my concealer and lightly tap that all over to blend well.
There is a good range of colors, in the winter I'm 220 and summer 240-250.
I use the oily/combination skin blend-having oily skin this formula holds up better for me.
I use a finishing powder to help longevity.
This foundation gives me a flawless finish. People compliment me all the time on my makeup. My skin has a lot of flaws but this covers everything-at a price I can afford.
I wish it had a pump like many others have stated but I can get over it.

on 4/7/2015 5:03:00 PM

Currently im attempting to find my HG foundation and i have seriously spent huge amounts of cash buying drugstore foundations. As you cant return used makeup here in the UK i've been left with a "foundation graveyard" of unsuitable foundations which i will never use!

However i dont think this one will end up there! I have light to medium skin with pink tones- NW20 and i chose shade 220 natural Beige. It's not 100% perfect colour wise but close enough to be repectable looking. What really impressed me about this foundation is how natural and light it felt on my skin and how close to my own skin it actually looked. It really didnt look like i had foundation on! It didnt emphasize my dry patches or fall into fine lines, nor look cakey or shiny even after hours of wear. It didnt seem to have the luminescence of l'oreal true match for example but you can tell it's not loaded with silicones which seem to go cakey on me and slide off my skin leaving bare dry patches behind. This stuff stays put and more importantly looks the same as it did when you applied it for many many hours after. Really good drugstore foundation. Maybe the best!!

I really enjoy this drugstore foundation. All though for drugstore it is expensive ( around 20 plus dollars in Canada) but that's what you pay for such s great product. I have the palest skin and I'm dry. This foundation matches me very well, it does cling to my extreme dry patch on occasion if I don't prep and prime properly. Will keep repurchasing

on 4/2/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My go to foundation. It's trusty and a great value!
Packaging: Glass bottle with a plastic screw top.
Consistency: Thick liquid (tends to thicken as it sits on shelf longer)
Finish: high coverage, natural finish (if you want to be completely matte, this isn't for you)
Lasting: 10-14 hours, but not waterproof (duh!)

Cons:
-It is slightly thick and heavy coverage, so applying it correctly is critical.
-Color range is not so great as I am an in between shade.
-I have a hard time getting the product out of the glass bottle, so I store it upside down.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation This and Estee Lauder double wear are my HG foundation i will always repurchase these two foundations both amazing for oily skin looks great on as i love a full coverage foundation staying power is very good and i live in Dubai so its very hot here but still doesn't move would highly recommend!

on 4/1/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this after Revlon reformulated my fave, PhotoReady into the Airbrushed version and new version was not working for me (which I reviewed). Both bottles I have (Buff and Golden Beige) say "24 hr."

Since I have very oily skin that is also weirdly dehydrated since a bad IPL (see my Review on that), I chose the Oily-Combo formula in the same color, "Golden Beige," as my previous HG , the old formula PhotoReady. Overall, this is a great foundation for those who need good coverage and long wear. I was able to cover pretty much all my imperfections in a few minutes w/ much easier application than I could w/ the NARS ALDW, but the NARS color was so much better. If I could find a foundation with the color of NARS and the performance of this, it would be my new HG. If you can find your color in the limited range that Revlon offers, you're in luck! Here's the breakdown:

Pking: Glass pour-out bottle. Wish they had a pump.

Fragrance: none. Yay!

Coverage: Medium-Full, mostly Full. Many would say full, but I judge harshly as I have lots of issues to cover. Almost completely covered even very dark marks. I needed only a few dabs of EL DW Max Cover camouflage fndtn on some spots. For comparison, the coverage was noticeably better than NARS ADLW, and much, much better than Revlon Age Defying liquid foundation, Clinique Even Better, and Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Blemish Clearing. I'd say the coverage is a little more than the old PhotoReady.

Consistency/spread: A fairly thick liquid w/ some cushiony feel, unlike the thin, watery formulas of NARS ADLW and Mary Kay Timewise oil-free, which are kind of like a thin coat of latex paint. Not as thick as Clinique Even Better. Sets more slowly and is workable longer than NARS ADLW, but it's not a slow drying foundation.

Texture/finish: Covers texture and pores better than NARS ADLW and Clinique Even Better, but it can look cakey if you go too thick. It is more forgiving of dry skin and flakes than either of those foundations, but less so than Revlon Age Defying. I have also since tried Maybelline's new Matte+Poreless Fit Me foundation, and that is better at smoothing out pores and texture issues than any of these except the Age Defying. The Colorstay's finish is quite matte, but not the powdery super matte finish of NARS ADLW. Has no sparkle or shimmer like the PhotoReadies.

Wear: Not 24 hr on me, but my skin pumps out so much oil so quickly I actually can get BUBBLES of oil standing on the surface of my skin, so that's no surprise. At the same time, my skin has a dehydrated appearance ever since a bad IPL, so now I've got the wonderful combo of oil bubbles surrounded by dryness. This is definitely long wear - lasts a good 8-12 hours on me, which is a miracle, yet is more forgiving of dry areas than the NARS. I do blot and powder, but I have to do that w/ every foundation. No substance currently made can absorb the amt of oil my skin produces, and those that approach the oil-absorbing capacity I need just become a gloopy mess. That being said, I do not need to blot this as often as many other foundations, and it handles the blotting well - it is def. transfer resistant.

Color: The only area where this foundation is lacking. Revlon's colors used to be good- I did not have difficulty finding matches for my light-medium, yellow toned skin. I used Golden Beige in the old PhotoReady for summer, and Nude for winter, and it was fine. For reference, the NARS ADLW in Fiji is the best color match I've ever had. Colorstay 24 hr Golden Beige was close, but a little too dark and too peachy pink. Buff was too pale and too cool, and looked grayish on. Ever since Revlon changed the PhotoReady formula to Airbrushed, it seems all the colors have gone downhill, and even the same color in the same formula can vary. Have they eliminated their quality control department? Changed a manufacturing process? The differences are even worse across different foundation products. Golden Beige in ColorStay for oily skin is nowhere near the same as Golden Beige in PhotoReady, either old formula or new Airbrushed. The Dry skin version of Colorstay does not offer the same color selection as the oily skin formulas. Huh? WHY?

Although the colors are bad, I recently wore the NARS ADLW for a week but gave up due to the inadequate coverage and dry look it gave me, and resorted back to the Revlon Colorstay in Golden Beige. So that gives you an idea as to how good the Colorstay performance is despite the poor color match. I tried blending Buff w/ the Golden Beige, and all I got was a paler pink appearance, like calamine lotion. Worse than either color alone. If ONLY Revlon came out w/ more yellow toned colors and better color consistency!

Customer service/website: * Poor. Half the buttons don't work, no explanation of colors. Would be nice if they had for ex: "Buff: a light neutral ." Try emailing Revlon. Once I got: Here's a $5 off coupon, and try X color. Very helpful response to a color selection question for the Age Defying. Another time I got: "Send us the bottle" in response to a question about what color to pick in the reformulated PhotoReady. Not helpful at all

04/09/15 Update: In a desperate effort to make the color work, I added 6 drops of McCormick Yellow food coloring to a 7/8ths full bottle of the Colorstay "Buff," poured "Golden Beige" in to fill, shook hard for what seemed like days, and VOILA perfect match!!!! Yay!