February 28, 2015 | 1707 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2015 2:28:00 AM More reviews by generouscat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. Really I do. I love the formula, the consistency, the price, the way it feels on my skin. I think this foundation is buildable but I'm not really sure since I prefer a thin layer. This foundation gives me a matte powdery finish which looks great for the first two hours before I need to blot my face. I don't blame the foundation, really. My t-zone is so oily it reflects the light. I've yet to find a foundation that can fix this.

The only thing that I hate is the lack of pump. Uh, surprise? Call me spoiled but I find the lack of pump really annoying. I've seen a couple of foundations with half the price come with pumps so why don't you, revlon? I love the foundation but won't repurchase because of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2015 3:08:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even though I like to try new foundations, I usually end up coming back to this one. The price is decent, and the coverage and wear is good. Setting it with powder, I can usually get 8-10 hours wear without having to touch up, and it easily covers minor skin imperfections.

There are a few qualms I have with it, but for the price, I can work with them. The biggest is that the bottle has no pump. Pain in the behind, especially when you start to get towards the bottom of the bottle. The second is that it dries down a little too matte/powdery for my taste, but a little misting or setting spray usually fixes that. Lastly, the lightest colour is still a hair too dark and too warm for me once it dries down, but with thorough blending, it's not really an issue. For the price and the wear time, I can work with something that's a little less than perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2015 2:29:00 AM More reviews by xonicolette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been faithful to my Loreal True Match foundation for years, and I just wanted to try something new. I heard about this foundation, and thought I'd give it a try because I heard that this was "the very best drugstore foundation."

My skin is more of an oily/normal combination, and not acne prone, I just get the occassional pimples here and there due to stress/hormones and what not.

I gave this foundation a try in the golden caramel for normal/oily skin, and at first, I was like ok, this seems to have a nice medium coverage for me, but that was it. I gave this foundation a good 2 months until I finally stopped. I've never been irritated to/broken out from a foundation before, UNTIL I used this foundation. Throughout the day, this would just look uneven and not smooth. I broke out so badly with this, on my cheeks and chin area, and I had several dry spots on my face too. Worst experience for me. :( I went back to my old foundation, and eventually, my skin went back to normal.

This foundation for me personally, was a NO GO. No foundation has ever broken me out before, but this one took the crown and unfortunately, broke me out badly, and also received several dry spots too. :(

Just wanted to share my personal experience, and I hope this was beneficial to someone out there! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2015 2:57:00 PM More reviews by xflowered

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible. I don't know why this foundation didn't work for me, but it just refused to work with my skin. It was patchy, cakey, and had very little oil control. It highlighted pores and acne scars and did little to cover dark circles. I tried it with a primer, without, with moisturizer mixed in, with a beauty blender, brushes, etc. Nothing would work. Not sure if I just got a bad bottle, but for over $20 I'm not willing to try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2015 12:16:00 AM More reviews by KaitlinCaldwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I have no idea why more people didn't love this foundation. This is, and will forever be my absolute favorite foundation of all time!!!

Packaging: basic. Glass bottle, screw off top, no pump.. Okay, Revlon could amp up the packaging game a little bit.

Consistency: thick, super creamy, full coverage for sure. The consistency, color match, and coverage is why this beats every other foundation for me. I'm in the lightest shade 110 ivory, for oily skin, (the have different caps for different skin types which is super helpful)

My overall thoughts: you should try this at least once, and apply with a foundation brush or beauty blender (I prefer my sigma kabuki brush, instead of my sponge)... But if you have problems with oil control, this stuff is perfect! Covers up all my acne scarring, hides dark circles, smooth application.

I get compliments every single day at work from different customers, I was even asked by a Sephora Rep, and an Ulta Rep what foundation I use because my skin looks so flawless.

***ATTENTION PALE SKIN LADIES***
This foundation does not oxidize, matches my neck perfectly, and is super light. I couldn't ask for more :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2015 2:04:00 PM More reviews by snazzybear

This was the foundation I wore when I needed to take pictures. it can be too much for everyday use. If you have any dry patches, I'm sure this will accentuate this. It's geared specifically oily-all-over skin types anyways so unless you fit that description, I wouldn't recommend it

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2015 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Osie

This product was awful.

It caked, it highlighted my pores, and the moment you touched it the foundation would roll up into balls of gunk on my face.

I tried it with high end and drugstore primers, tried it with beauty blenders and brushes, but nothing made a difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2015 7:46:00 AM More reviews by katerinamiou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really dissapointed!I didn't like it AT ALL!I have acne, so I want a foundation to cover my scars.This does absolutely NOTHING!I have tried it a lot of times trying to love it but let's get real...It goes on patchy and I found that it has a rather light coverage.I couldn't wear it even once.It looks awful on.Don't buy it.I warned you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2015 12:50:00 AM More reviews by TIFFANYCHAN290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This colorstay foundation is awesome and it really got oil-control. If you buy the color which really suits your skin, it will be the best. It is also long-lasting comparing with other ones that i had used before. I really like applying it and I found out that it doesn't need so much time to spread though out my face. But I don't like the packaging of it and it is really difficult to get the right amount of foundation u want to have because it is just a bottle without any pump or something like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2015 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Chizara123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foubdation! First of all the coverage is amazing and it literally stays on my face for 24 hours! I've tried Mac foundation and bobbi brown ... Bobbi brown which is now 50$ For half the product now ...funny thing is half way through the day all my acne would show and all my imperfections as if I never put on makeup! It was so annoying to reapply a few hours into my day! I have the one for combo oily skin and when I say oily I mean GREASY -- my face gets too oily . This with my becca primer keeps my foundation on my face and I have a dewy look and my skin is glowing ., I still get oily of course but I can just blot away when I need it! I have cuppacino and it's gorgeous on my skin tone! I totally recommend this!