December 20, 2014 | 1599 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by WinnieBooBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is advertised as "lightweight, it won't cake or rub off". It got one out of three right. I tried this foundation using the oily/combo and normal versions and I hated it. I wanted to love it, I really did, so I tried exfoliating, using different primers and moisturizers. I tried using it with my beauty blender, a stippling brush, my Ecotools brush for BB very thick BB creams and always got the same results. It sank into my pores and wouldn't dry yet somehow still managed to look as though I had caked on an entire bottle along with drywall dust as a setting powder. The only thing it did as advertised was that it didn't budge, even when I washed my face. I had to use a makeup remover wipe, then Cetaphl and an exfoliant just to get the damned stuff off of me! I just cannot see using a foundation that requires so much extra effort. The packaging is horrible, it doesn't have a pump and with the consistency of the formula that would be a more sanitary and conducive design. I cannot express just how much I hate this product. I can get other lighter foundations to "stay put" all day by using a good quality setting spray.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by SianLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This used to be my all time favourite foundation, always buying the dry/normal skin. It used to give a flawless finish, drying quickly and cover everything whilst lasting all day. Although Revlon have either changed an ingredient or the formula altogether, as none of this applies any more. I now go into my local boots and see this foundation and half of the foundation has separated in the pots, the last time I bought this foundation, it took forever to dry, looked cakey on the good parts of my skin and barely even covered the imperfections, please don't waste your money as it is expensive anyway!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by mbdiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried the normal/ dry skin version a couple of times. My skin is not extremely dry but still I always got that flaky feeling after an hour or so. At first, it looked pretty blendable but it shortly started to feel uncomfortable ("burning" feeling). I guess there are a lot of chemicals in this foundation that may not be suitable for the sensible skin type. I would say it has a medium to low coverage. It will unlikely be compatible with dry skin. It made my skin drier (even with an encouraging moisture dose) and you could clearly notice that... As for the packaging, there is nothing to help you to take the foundation out of the bottle and nothing to help applying it. Finally, there are a lot of nice tones available. I have fair skin and 220 Natural beige was adequade.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It's about a medium to full coverage depending on the application. I still get oily but not as much as I did before. I wish there was a pump. But not a deal breaker for me. Also it didn't make me break out so I'm extremely happy about that. Overall, I would definitely buy again when I need an everyday foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never understand the MUA reviewers. Not sure if they are picky or just write a review based on a one-time use. In any event, as a lot know, this is one of the best foundations for oily skin girls. Of course, it comes in two types for combination/oily, or dry skins and I am talking about the type for combination/oily skins. This foundation not only stays on our oily faces, it stays on our sinks. It has an impeccable staying power that no other foundation, including, but not limited to, ELDW, cannot hold a candle to it. The shades are a bit off but workable thanks to blushes and bronzers. It also looks fabulous in the pictures. In fact, I wore the old version of this foundation at my wedding. The texture is creamy and not too runny. It is buildable and great for eye makeup base. No need for primer on your eyes or face. Those who suffer from acne love this foundation as well. I am NC 30 and I use Warm Golden. The only downside to this foundation is that it could dry your skin. I use a face oil at nights so I do not have this issue but once I forget to do so, my skin starts looking dehydrated and dull.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Amberlevitt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is currently my favourite foundation. I am very pale so the colour 110 IVORY matches my complexion extremely well. My skin is fairly oily and I find with the use of a primer my skin can stay mainly matte for at least most of the day. In hot Australian Queensland climate it is pretty good. The price on the other hand is a bit expensive but I recently struck gold, instead of buying it for $34 I found an amazing deal at Terry White chemist for $14!!! Will be using this product for a long long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by unicourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the combination/oily version of Revlon Colorstay in the colour 150 Buff for at least 5 years now and it is so far the best foundation for my skin. I have extremely temperamental skin that tends to redden/heat up easily and most foundations tend to disappear within a couple hours wear time. RC does not do this! I want my foundation to cover up and stay on. That's it. This foundation does those two things.

I am pretty pale and despite many SA attempts to put Ivory on my face (it's the palest one! they say) Ivory tends to be far too pink and a little bit darker on me than Buff. It's full coverage which I like and once it's dry it's there to stay (colour stay if you will hurrhurrhurr). I apply with a soft, dense flat top brush, buffing first all over and then stippling wherever I need extra coverage. For people having problems getting this foundation off I recommend makeup removal with an oil, jojoba is good but mineral oil (baby oil is fine) is my go to.

Packaging notoriously sucks but I've been lucky a few times to get bottles with pump lids at my local chemist in Aus. Colour selection also kind of sucks, especially in Australia (God forbid if I wasn't a fairly neutral toned white person) but I've managed with Buff for this long. Cost suuucks in Aus - RRP $34.95 at priceline but luckily my local chem has it for $17.95 all day everyday. Essentially if you can find this foundation for a decent price, in a good colour match, and with a pump lid - you're golden.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Christinezyy0207

After reading the good reviews about it, I just give it a try. I wanted to like it. But no, this product to me, it is like the worse version of Estee lauder double wear. It looks cakey on me. It doesn't last on me either. The coverage is good though. I still returned it after using it for a week

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Jsmh0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I gave this product a one as I have used this foundation and very much dislike it. All shades run pinky and make my olive complexion look quite ashy and grey. It is matte and leaves a dusty, chalk-like finish which is very unflattering. It does not wear well and I found myself having to reapply quite frequently.

I rated the price a two as it is quite pricey for a drug-store foundation.

I rated the packaging a three as I feel that this product should have a pump.

No I would not purchase this product again.

For anybody looking for a matte, full-coverage foundation I highly recommend Estee Lauder Double-Wear, it is quite expensive but you do get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Shelly128p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm going to be the person that goes against all the good reviews.
unfortunately the shade range is not that good!! I couldn't seem to get a match
This product gave off a drying effect to my skin and clinged to dry patches (yes, I tried both formulas.. normal/dry and combo/oily)

However, it DID last all day, as it claims to!! and it DID provide medium/full coverage

It's difficult to find a longwearing foundation that isn't drying on dry skin and this unfortunately is not one, despite trying both formulas. I really wanted to like this, but I did not like how it looked on my skin (I even tried applying it many different ways) and I did not like the color/finish it gave me.
It just wasnt meant to be with this product!
the covergirl 3 in 1 and covergirl ready set gorgeous are far better, imo