Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation This and Estee Lauder double wear are my HG foundation i will always repurchase these two foundations both amazing for oily skin looks great on as i love a full coverage foundation staying power is very good and i live in Dubai so its very hot here but still doesn't move would highly recommend!

on 4/1/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this after Revlon reformulated my fave, PhotoReady into the Airbrushed version and new version was not working for me (which I reviewed). I wasn't sure what category of Colorstay to put this review under, but as both bottles I have (Buff and Golden Beige) say "24 hr", I figured this category is safe.

Since I have very oily skin that is also weirdly dehydrated since a bad IPL (see my Review on that), I chose the Oily-Combo formula in the same color, "Golden Beige," as my previous HG , the old formula PhotoReady. Overall, this is a great foundation for those who need good coverage and long wear. I was able to cover pretty much all my imperfections in a few minutes w/ much easier application than I could w/ the NARS ALDW, but the NARS color was so much better. If I could find a foundation with the color of NARS and the performance of this, it would be my new HG. If you can find your color in the limited range that Revlon offers, you're in luck! Here's the breakdown:

Pking: Glass pour-out bottle. Wish they had a pump.

Fragrance: none. Yay!

Coverage: Medium-Full, mostly Full. Many would say full, but I judge harshly as I have lots of issues to cover. Almost completely covered even very dark marks. I needed only a few dabs of EL DW Max Cover camouflage fndtn on some spots. For comparison, the coverage was noticeably better than NARS ADLW, and much, much better than Revlon Age Defying liquid foundation, Clinique Even Better, and Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Blemish Clearing. I'd say the coverage is a little more than the old PhotoReady I used to wear, but not by a huge margin.

Consistency/spread: A fairly thick liquid w/ some cushiony feel, unlike the thin, watery formulas of NARS ADLW and Mary Kay Timewise oil-free, which are kind of like a thin coat of latex paint. Not as thick as Clinique Even Better. Sets more slowly and is more workable for a longer period than NARS ADLW, but it's not a slow drying foundation by any means.

Texture/finish: Covers texture and pores better than NARS ADLW and Clinique Even Better, but it can look cakey if you go too thick. It is more forgiving of dry skin and flakes than either of those foundations, but I have also since tried Maybelline's new Matte+Poreless Fit Me foundation, and that is better at smoothing out pores and texture issues than any of these. The Colorstay's finish is matte, but not the powdery super matte finish of NARS ADLW. There is a tiny bit of satin naturalness that the NARS did not have. No sparkle or shimmer like any of the PhotoReadies.

Wear: Not 24 hr on me, but my skin pumps out so much oil so quickly I actually can get BUBBLES of oil standing on the surface of my skin (from the acne rosacea - the oil glands and the blood vessels get inflamed and overactive), so that's no surprise. At the same time, my skin has a dehydrated appearance ever since a bad IPL, so yeah, now I've got the wonderful combo of oil bubbles surrounded by dryness. This is definitely long wear - lasts a good 8-12 hours on me, which is a miracle for my skin, yet is more forgiving of dry areas and less drying than the NARS. I do blot and powder, but I have to do that w/ every foundation. No substance currently made can absorb the amt of oil my skin produces, and those that approach the oil-absorbing capacity I need become a gloopy mess from holding the huge amounts of oil. That being said, I do not need to blot this as often as many other foundations, and it handles the blotting well - it does not come off as much as other foundations, and does not transfer much at all.

Color: The only area where this foundation is lacking. Revlon's colors used to be good- I did not have difficulty finding matches for my light-medium, yellow toned skin. I used Golden Beige in the old PhotoReady for summer, and Nude for winter, and it was fine. For reference, the NARS ADLW in Fiji is the best color match I've ever gotten. However, Revlon's colors have gone seriously downhill. Colorstay 24 hr Golden Beige was close in intensity level, but too peachy pink. Buff was too pale and too cool, and looked grayish. Ever since Revlon changed the PhotoReady formula to Airbrushed, it seems all the colors have gone downhill, and even the same color in the same formula can vary. I have picked up 2 bottles of the same product, same color, and can see that they are very different. Have they eliminated their quality control department? Changed a manufacturing process? The differences are even worse across different foundation products. For example, Golden Beige in ColorStay for oily skin is nowhere near the same as Golden Beige in PhotoReady, either old formula or new Airbrushed. The Dry skin version of Colorstay does not offer the same color selection as the oily skin formulas. Huh? WHY?

Although the colors are bad, I recently wore the NARS ADLW for a week but gave up due to the inadequate coverage and dry look it gave me, and resorted back to the Revlon Colorstay in Golden Beige. So that gives you an idea as to how good the Colorstay performance is despite its pathetic colors. I tried blending Buff w/ the Golden Beige, and all I got was a pale pink appearance, like calamine lotion. It looked worse than either color alone. If ONLY Revlon came out w/ more yellow toned colors and better color consistency!

Customer service/website: * Poor website. Half the buttons don't work, no explanation of colors. It would be nice if they had: "Buff: a light neutral w/neither yellow nor pink undertones." Try emailing Revlon. Ha! Once I got: Here's a $5 off coupon, and try X color. Very helpful response to a color selection question for the Age Defying. Another time I got: "Send us the bottle" in response to a question about what color to pick in the reformulated PhotoReady. Not helpful at all

on 3/28/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Me and this foundation have a love hate relationship. Do i like it? Yes. Do i love it? ermmmm..

Shade: Toast 370
My skin Type: Fairly normal with scars from spots

Ok first things first it does not last 24 hours on me and transfers SOO much.

The sad thing is its like junk food, i know i shouldn't repurchase but i just cant help it.The reson i like it and keep repurchasing is because it does have buidable coverage without looking extremely cakey. Paired with the correct concealer and even on its own it has the power to cover my spot scars. But it just does not last. It begins to wear off after a couple of hours whilst some of the coverage is still there. The only way it seems to reasonably last is with the love of my life, the Ben Nye Banana Powder.

This foundation is great for newbies but i feel its just not hands down amzaing. I can't give it five lippies due to the fact it does not live up to its 24 hour claim. Additionally the fact it doesnt have a pump bugs me a little bit but when you're on your third bottle it's not a deal breaker.

For what you're paying it is extremely good but i am on the hunt for a high end foundation but until then i will continue to repurchase.

on 3/28/2015 12:35:00 AM

Absolute BEST drugstore foundation available! I'm a huge foundation junkie and have to try everyone out there. Nothing compares to this. It covers so well, shade buff is light but neutral (most drug store foundations do not make light enough for my skin or their lightest is super pink). My skin looks great all day. It never gets oily, doesn't appear to fade or need touch ups. And it doesn't irritate my hormonal skin. If it is too thick for you, you can always sheer it out by mixing it with your primer or your face lotion, so to me that's an easy fix, but I like the consistency it has. It doesn't feel heavy, looks natural but flawless. Looks great in pictures. I use it with monistat relief gel (it's for chaffing) as primer, mostly blend with fingers but it looks even better with beauty blender, glamoflauge concealer, and Milanni multitask powder or cg loose powder.

on 3/24/2015 1:09:00 AM

For the price and the coverage, I consider this a bargain. My only recommendation when using it is to make sure you use a primer, or it does start to get a little cakey after a few hours. But overall, when I wear it, it makes my skin look natural yet flawless. That is all I really want in a foundation, and Revlon delivered.

on 3/24/2015 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It emphasized all my pores and blemishes. Too thick and cakey (it's supposed to be light).

After an hour, it turns orange.

Ayayay, what a waste of money.

This is quite expensive here in Australia.

on 3/22/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have been using this for 6 years! I tried nars, estee lauder, Ysl, but believe me if you have oily skin, you should try this revlon! You will thank me later ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Am I one of the few people who really didn't like this foundation? I found it was way too thick, and took forever to blend on my face even with a good primer. It also felt very heavy on my face, almost like a mask, and I made sure not to use more than I needed to cover the redness I have on my nose/cheek area. Even worse, I noticed throughout the day it started to get very splotchy on the end of my nose and just made me look awful. :( I also don't like the packaging, as when you first get the bottle and tip it over to get the foundation out it pours out all at once, then when you're at the end of the bottle it's a pain in the butt to get out anything! Very disappointed with this foundation

on 3/21/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

What's with all the bad reviews?? I understand this product has been reformulated or whatever, but it seems that whenever this happens, with any product, people automatically assume that the product is ruined. -_-

Ok anyway this is THE best full coverage (but lightweight) foundation ever. I own Lancome Tient Idole & Miracle, Estee Lauder DW, and have tried MUFE foundations as well as NUMEROUS drugstore foundations in the past, but nothing comes close to how much this foundation offers (especially for the price point)

Packaging: Yes, it would be better with a pump, but whatever.

Cost: Excellent, in Canada it is like $15. However they have discontinued all the darker shades, so I have to order Caramel and Toast off Amazon and it comes to about $15 so yeah.

Application: Yes, this foundation is thick. BUT, it doesn't look thick on your face. I use a flat top brush and stipple it onto my face and it looks flawless. I make sure I blend well. It covers all acne scars, dark spots, dark circles etc without the use of a concealer. I have oily skin and I DO NOT need to set this foundation with a powder

Wear time: Waterproof, oil resistant, transfer proof. I put this on in the morning and it still looks fresh on my face at the end of the day, even after a hard workout at the gym (and by hard I mean cardio, powerlifting etc, where my clothes are drenched from sweat)

Look: This foundation actually looks better as the day goes by. It blends so well with your skin. Photographs well. I wear toast in the winter, and mix it with caramel in the summer.

So if you're looking for a full coverage foundation that stays put, give this a try. I'm sooo glad I did. It's very similar to the Estee Lauder DW. Except next time I'm not going to buy DW when it runs out, I will stick to this :)

on 3/21/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm new here can someone please help me out on how to buy this product