Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

I have the worst time with liquid foundation. I csn never find one that matches my skin, or doesn't melt off, or make me cake and gross. I was using wet n wild coverall cream for a while, but it's coverage is really heavy and I was looking for something with good coverage but lighter. I bought this in the lightest shade, ivory. it's a little bit light for my skin honestly, but the next shade looked super yellow. I have applied it by patting it on with my finger, a stipple brush, and by rubbing it in like moisturizer. I have found the best way to apply it is by rubbing it in like lotion. it gives me medium to full coverage if I build it up, covers my redness, and has great staying power. I wore it to an outdoor concert the other day and I was outside in the 90 degree heat for about 6 or 7 hours and it stayed on my face. a little blotchy by the end of the night, hut still it stayed. I like the finish of the foudnation, very natural. i just wish revlon didn't yest on animals.

on 7/30/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I really want to love this product, but i hate it. I've been using it occasionally for 5 months. Coverage is great but this foundation does not stay that long on my face. I dont know why, maybe because it contrasts my skincare ingredients or because i have really oily skin, but after 3-4 hours wearing this, my face becomes really oily, the foundation could not hold on and easily transfers as i blot my face.

on 7/28/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Really disliked this foundation. It left my skin very oily and oxidized into a very ugly orange shade. I attempted to wear it about 3 times and I wouldn't try again.

on 7/27/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It seems this foundation is better for those who don't have oily skin.

I use this in natural beige. I do use the Revlon Photoready Colot Correcting primer, and it makes a big difference on my overall matte appearance. I have issues with redness and dark circles, this helps with both.

I'm on a tight makeup budget and can't afford constant trial and error, I just stick with what works.

on 7/27/2015 8:56:00 AM

I used this foundation for about a year. In this time I only bought two bottles even though I used it everyday.
First of all I like that this foundation is spf 30 as you should always protect your face from the sun (nobody wants wrinkles).
Packaging - everyone would prefer a pump as you sometimes end up with too much.
Cost - I really loved this foundation so I didn't mind paying a little more than the average drugstore foundation.
Staying power - I have oily skin now however I used this when my skin was dry/combination. I wouldn't say it lasts 24 hours but it did last on me for a good 10-12 hours without having to touch up.
It doesn't transfer or come off when you touch your face.
Shade - there are 9 shades available in this range and I used sand beige as I used to use tanning beds. It matched my skin tone well so no complaints there.
Coverage - it does what it says on the tin. I applied it with a real techniques buffing brush or beauty blender and I found I could build it up to full coverage pretty easily.
I would say that you can feel it on your skin although I blended it out well & it didn't look like I was caked in make up.
I got a lot of compliments when wearing this foundation saying my skin looked flawless.
Reaction on skin - I have had bad skin on my chin for the longest time (it comes and goes) so I couldn't be sure it was this foundation that broke me out but I would make sure you cleanse, tone & moisturise at night as I don't think it's ever a good idea to goto bed with make-up on.

I would & have recommended this foundation to a friend.

on 7/27/2015 8:10:00 AM

I bought the lightest shade, porcelain I think, and find it just doesn't blend or sit well on the face. Really took a lot of blending to get rid of the streakyness and then after all the blending I was left with a very low coverage. Maybe the darker shades with more pigment would be better but porcelain just wasn't offering much coverage. I also found it dried out my skin a lot and didn't help with oil control. I know many people that love this foundation but fail to see why! I only use this foundation to mix in with more pink undertone brands I have as this one is quite yellow so it's good for getting the perfect colour match with mixing but that's it for me.

on 7/25/2015 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have used this foundation forever. I didn't even notice they reformulated it. Anytime I try to use a new foundation, I always come back to this.

Pros
*It lasts an ETERNITY (and my skin is ridiculously oily). I can swim, hike, work, even make out vigorously and this is STILL on lol. No transfers. Definitely one of the top reasons that I always use this foundation. I only need to blot 1- 2 times a day. Nothing beats this staying power.
*Light enough shade for my PPP skin.
*No breakouts whatsoever
*Full coverage. Thanks to spirolactone/ cerave/ olay pro-x, my skin is acne free! I only have red marks to cover and this does the job easily. However, this foundation was there for me when my skin was out of control. I could apply one thin layer with a brush and then spot conceal bad patches w/o looking splotchy.
*Really nice finish when used with a brush
*Cheap (I have tried double wear, kevin aucoin SSE, various mac foundations, cinema secrets, RCMA, makeup forever, and kat von d....none of which came even close to replacing my colorstay).

CONS
*Packaging. Would way rather have a pump, but it's no biggie.
*Now that my skin is clear, I would like to find a lighter coverage foundation. Have yet to find one that lasts like this. I will continue using this, but with less product and with a lighter hand :)

on 7/24/2015 8:52:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for about 6-8 years since I was in my 20s. My acne has progressively gotten worse over the years and my face is full of closed pores, blackheads and whiteheads. I am convinced that this foundation played a huge part, as I've used it DAILY for years. The worse my face got, the more coverage I would need and it turned into a vicious circle. It's a very heavy foundation that clogs the pores and only comes out with heavy duty make-up remover. I've just finished a course of Accutane and my skin is starting to look bad again.

Also, Revlon tests their products on animals, so I have stopped buying their products. I'm done using this garbage.

on 7/12/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A little about my skin: I have a VERY oily acne-prone skin. Ive suffered with acne for years and have very bad scarring to show for it. I'm currently using retin-A for my acne.
I bought this because my last foundation was terrible. I was just using the Sephora brand foundation and when I ran out, decided it was time for a change.
I've put this on with brushes and sponges, and it goes on well either way. I was sorely disappointed. News flash: IT DOES NOT LAST 24 HRS! I was oily in 2-3 hours and that's with powder! By the end of the day, I looked as I had in the morning before I'd put on makeup, except my face was an oily mess.
It transferred terribly and everything I touched had brown fingerprints on it. Also, the coverage was not at all satisfactory. No matter how much I tried to build this up, my scars showed through!
I would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin. It did nothing to control my oil, if not made it worse. But know I'm saying all of this using two bottles of this stuff completely. I gave it a chance because I honestly didn't know there was better out there. I'm now switching to Nars sheer glow and will never look back.

on 7/11/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

In trying out liquid drugstore foundations Revlon Colorstay is tied with L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte. I'm NC 30 and the color Golden Beige 300 is a spot on perfect match for me. Texture is fine. Not to heavy, not too light. Coverage is more medium than full even though Revlon claims it is full coverage. I need to add a bit more to my red areas on my cheeks and corners of my nose, but just a dab more really. I didn't really find it very matte though until I set it with powder, but once it's set especially with a good primer it looks smooth.

As for it staying matte, well, no. After three hours I was an oil slick. Out came the blotting papers and touch up dusting of powder. As for staying powder with the exception of the corners of around my nose and mouth it stayed on for eight hours. I'd say I saw more wearing out around 12 hours, but that is more than acceptable for me. Haven't test the "24" staying power claim.

Packaging sucks. Revlon really has this thing for glass bottles. What do they have against squeeze tubes? At least put a pump on top!

I'll definitely buy this again. I think the L'Oreal is a bit better staying power in the heat and I like the fact that I don't need to set with powder after applying. Its slightly more yellow color is good in the summer when I do get a bit redder. In the winter though when I'm less red and greasy I'll reach for the Revlon for its cheaper price and perfect color match.