Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.0

on 3/4/2015 11:56:00 PM

I honestly ONLY buy this foundation. I love the price, the glass packaging (even though I wish it had a pump), and the way it goes on my skin. The only other thing I have a little trouble with is that it dries a little matte and powdery.. and for my skin type, I need something a little more "oily" I guess you could say. But other than that, I get like 8-10 hours out of it before I need to do anything to it, but really, really…I love it!! I will buy this foundation over and over. I will find ways to make it work because I just think it's so worth it!

on 3/4/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation! I brought the oily/combination and it is great for long wear. There is a great range of colours, and they are not all orangy!! I am not sure how well it stay on in hot weather (I live in the UK) but it is amazing in rain and cold weather.

PROS
- It spread evenly over your skin and NEVER cakes.
- It cover all my blemishes (I have lots).
-Do not have to use a brush
- Easily blend-able

CONS
- Once you have used over half it is hard to retrieve the foundation at the bottom.
- When trying to get the foundation, sometimes A LOT pours out. (I would prefer a pump)

I buy the product over and over again!!

At around $16, this is one of the most expensive drugstore foundations, but it was (almost) worth the price to me. The packaging looks nice enough, but it's annoying that it doesn't have a pump. I found it hard to control the amount of product I was using without it.
I had the formula for normal/dry skin and it provided excellent, matte coverage without looking cakey. In Covergirl foundations, I always buy the shade "ivory", but the ivory shade in Revlon is paler. The shade "buff" was a good match for me. It lasted the whole day without a primer, and was the most full coverage foundation that I have tried.
This would have become my HG foundation, but unfortunately my skin did not react well to the formula. I have never used a product that made my skin break out so badly! There were terrible pimples all around my chin and jawline that took forever to go away after I stopped using it. I had people asking me what I had had an allergic reaction to. I'm not sure if it was an allergy to an ingredient, or just my sensitive skin, but I have never had a problem with the face makeup I've used from other brands.
This is a really great product, I was very disappointed that I could not use it because of my personal reaction to it.

on 2/27/2015 2:28:00 AM

I love this foundation. Really I do. I love the formula, the consistency, the price, the way it feels on my skin. I think this foundation is buildable but I'm not really sure since I prefer a thin layer. This foundation gives me a matte powdery finish which looks great for the first two hours before I need to blot my face. I don't blame the foundation, really. My t-zone is so oily it reflects the light. I've yet to find a foundation that can fix this.

The only thing that I hate is the lack of pump. Uh, surprise? Call me spoiled but I find the lack of pump really annoying. I've seen a couple of foundations with half the price come with pumps so why don't you, revlon? I love the foundation but won't repurchase because of this.

on 2/23/2015 3:08:00 AM

Even though I like to try new foundations, I usually end up coming back to this one. The price is decent, and the coverage and wear is good. Setting it with powder, I can usually get 8-10 hours wear without having to touch up, and it easily covers minor skin imperfections.

There are a few qualms I have with it, but for the price, I can work with them. The biggest is that the bottle has no pump. Pain in the behind, especially when you start to get towards the bottom of the bottle. The second is that it dries down a little too matte/powdery for my taste, but a little misting or setting spray usually fixes that. Lastly, the lightest colour is still a hair too dark and too warm for me once it dries down, but with thorough blending, it's not really an issue. For the price and the wear time, I can work with something that's a little less than perfect.

on 2/23/2015 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been faithful to my Loreal True Match foundation for years, and I just wanted to try something new. I heard about this foundation, and thought I'd give it a try because I heard that this was "the very best drugstore foundation."

My skin is more of an oily/normal combination, and not acne prone, I just get the occassional pimples here and there due to stress/hormones and what not.

I gave this foundation a try in the golden caramel for normal/oily skin, and at first, I was like ok, this seems to have a nice medium coverage for me, but that was it. I gave this foundation a good 2 months until I finally stopped. I've never been irritated to/broken out from a foundation before, UNTIL I used this foundation. Throughout the day, this would just look uneven and not smooth. I broke out so badly with this, on my cheeks and chin area, and I had several dry spots on my face too. Worst experience for me. :( I went back to my old foundation, and eventually, my skin went back to normal.

This foundation for me personally, was a NO GO. No foundation has ever broken me out before, but this one took the crown and unfortunately, broke me out badly, and also received several dry spots too. :(

Just wanted to share my personal experience, and I hope this was beneficial to someone out there! :)

on 2/22/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Horrible. I don't know why this foundation didn't work for me, but it just refused to work with my skin. It was patchy, cakey, and had very little oil control. It highlighted pores and acne scars and did little to cover dark circles. I tried it with a primer, without, with moisturizer mixed in, with a beauty blender, brushes, etc. Nothing would work. Not sure if I just got a bad bottle, but for over $20 I'm not willing to try it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

First off, I have no idea why more people didn't love this foundation. This is, and will forever be my absolute favorite foundation of all time!!!

Packaging: basic. Glass bottle, screw off top, no pump.. Okay, Revlon could amp up the packaging game a little bit.

Consistency: thick, super creamy, full coverage for sure. The consistency, color match, and coverage is why this beats every other foundation for me. I'm in the lightest shade 110 ivory, for oily skin, (the have different caps for different skin types which is super helpful)

My overall thoughts: you should try this at least once, and apply with a foundation brush or beauty blender (I prefer my sigma kabuki brush, instead of my sponge)... But if you have problems with oil control, this stuff is perfect! Covers up all my acne scarring, hides dark circles, smooth application.

I get compliments every single day at work from different customers, I was even asked by a Sephora Rep, and an Ulta Rep what foundation I use because my skin looks so flawless.

***ATTENTION PALE SKIN LADIES***
This foundation does not oxidize, matches my neck perfectly, and is super light. I couldn't ask for more :)

on 2/14/2015 2:04:00 PM

This was the foundation I wore when I needed to take pictures. it can be too much for everyday use. If you have any dry patches, I'm sure this will accentuate this. It's geared specifically oily-all-over skin types anyways so unless you fit that description, I wouldn't recommend it

on 2/12/2015 9:43:00 AM

This product was awful.

It caked, it highlighted my pores, and the moment you touched it the foundation would roll up into balls of gunk on my face.

I tried it with high end and drugstore primers, tried it with beauty blenders and brushes, but nothing made a difference.