January 30, 2015 | 1038 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 3:20:00 PM More reviews by EleanorJ1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. It took forever to find a foundation that was perfect for me (9 years to be exact) but I think I've finally done it. I have pretty bad rosacea and it was hard to find something with enough coverage, so I would end up caking anything I had into my face just to cover it. With this I don't have to, 1-2 pumps is enough. I blend it with the real techniques expert face brush and apply concealer under my eyes as needed and finish with the Rimmel stay matte powder. I've found it gives perfect coverage, no cakey look and it lasts all day. The packaging the only bad thing, the bottle is quite large compared to other foundations which is good, but there's no pump. Luckily I had an empty foundation bottle with a pump and I just stick it in there when I need. I can't believe I wasted so much time and money on high end foundations when I could've been using this all along.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 10:24:00 AM More reviews by mimibarber2601

I spent years finding the right foundation for me, and finally I found this and feel it's my HG.

I've got combination skin and I'm quite fussy about coverage and the "look" that a foundation gives me - I HATE cakey looking foundation. A friend had bought the wrong shade and luckily it was mine so when she gave it to me I tried it out. AMAZING. Until the day I find anything else I shall definitely be sticking to this.

It's also so worth the price - I look back and can't actually believe I bought foundations from Chanel, Lancome, Dior and the likes and spent all the money I did when this was in drugstores all along!

The only negative maybe is the packaging - this would be so perfect if it had a pump - I look like an absolute moron when the bottle is coming to its end and I'm trying to get the last of the product out (and even then quite a lot can be left in the bottle)!

Definitely rebuying and have recommended it to other people too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 6:16:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the only foundation I've constantly repurchased. It's not cheap by any means as it now costs almost 15-20 dollars per bottle but it's good, especially if you can find it for around 10 bucks
It isn't as long wearing as it claims to be, but I always reach for this for events and I know my foundation is going to look okay for at least 5 or 6 hours, and I won't look bad in pictures.
The coverage is pretty good, but it is not full. Not unless you really layer this on. And speaking of layering it on, this stuff will finish fast. A bottle finished kind of fast with daily use when I wanted more coverage because I'm lazy and I've never used concealer before, despite me having pretty bad acne for most of my teenage years. (Yes, I am being serious).
So technically, in the long run I'm guessing buying a high end foundation would be the better choice, because I can find a better match for my skin, know that my foundation looks great even 10 hours later, and use less product.
For some odd reason though, I still do reach for my Colorstay bottle somewhat regularly, but maybe that's because deep down inside I can't seem to part with it after all these years.

So would I recommend this to a friend? Yes! But only if they didn't want to buy high end at all, and don't wear foundation every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 4:59:00 AM More reviews by annisas99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm honestly on the fence on whether I should repurchase. It lasts long especially considering the conditions I work in. Dat reformulation tho. I used to use this a couple years back and it lasts all day through sweat and oil and heat. This new one however not so much. However, the coverage is still absolutely amazing and I love the matte finish. Great for a drugstore foundation. Wish it would come with a pump though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ivorypearles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, great lasting power, i like the way it oxidizes and i use cappuccino and it oxidize to a natural finish. The only the I HATEEEEEEEEEE is the packaging like seriously. So much product is wasted it pisses me off bc its kinda exp. for a drugstore brand. But anyways great product and greatt for oily skin! It has parabens tho..but if you dont its actually kinda perfect 💕✨

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 12:44:00 AM More reviews by LurkingBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really hated this when I first bought it. It looked horrible on me, cakey and the coverage was not full coverage but now for some reason it's working for me. I'm not sure why it's working so well for me now but it is and it's covering all my flaws too which wasn't the case when I first bought it. Maybe it has to do with the season change?
I bought the cover Buff which turned out to be a perfect match for me. I'm anywhere between NC10-15 with a mix of yellow and pink but yellow or olive based foundations look best on me. I did Google images so I could get a good determination of which color would be a perfect match. If you want to see how well a color truly looks on you, go out to your car on a sunny day and look at your reflection in the mirror in your car, you will truly see if a color is a great match for your skin or not--but--if you have issues of redness caused by issues of redness such as rosacea, I highly recommend thinking about matching your foundation color to your neck.
I do think the claim of 24 hour wear is a bunch of malarkey though. This stuff has broken down on me quick. I have combination skin that tends to get oily during the spring and summer but right now my skin is behaving and I did just get a chemical peel done so my skin is somewhat dry right now.
The reason I bought this was because I was getting tired of mineral foundation. Getting tired of waiting for it to "warm up" to my skin, to meld with my natural oils, having a greasy meltdown and trying every darn thing to get it to work and nothing worked to be honest. I had actually said goodbye to liquid foundations years ago because of my quest to look more natural and start leading a more natural lifestyle but now I'm past that stupid stage and saying screw it! Dammit, I want to look good! So I broke down, did reviews on DS foundations and bought this...and hated it, was going to throw it away or give it away but now I love it. I use my RT brush to apply it and it gives me wonderful coverage. No complaints on this looking cakey and I can build up the coverage in areas I need it. Dries quick. Yes, it does smell like paint but it's not too strong of an odor to me and I'm actually really sensitive to scents. I'm hoping this doesn't end up misbehaving once it gets warmer out because I'm loving how this looks on me, finally. I think I did break out slightly with this at first but now my skin has acclimated to this so no more breakouts. I don't get very shiny with this either.
OMG, and as I'm typing this I realized I don't get that weird greasy residue on my sunglasses when I take them off or on my cellphone. Y'all know for sure what I'm talking about, right? I just realized this as I'm thinking of all the positives about this.
If you're trying to find your color match, I highly recommend Googling colors of this to get a good estimation of which colors would look good on you. My first purchase of this was the correct color all because of me looking at swatches. No complaints on this not having a pump either, I don't mind putting some on the back of my hand and dotting on my face and then blending. No heavy feeling, surprisingly. Overall a good foundation for a drugstore find. I doubt i will look for anything else. Switching back to liquid foundation has been wonderful for my morning routine. It's so much quicker than mineral foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by aliengrrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm looking through the reviews and I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought this product was a bit upsetting. Sure, it lasts 24 hours and it's hard to remove, but it doesn't loo good those 24 hours. It looks good for about 10 minutes after applying, then it looks very cake and sets into pores and it seems to almost "slide" off even the smallest imperfections on my face. For the longest time I'd thought it was just my skin that made this foundation look horrible, but I realize now it's the product itself. It seems that no matter how much powder I cake onto my face, it still feels tacky and wet. I don't even use much foundation either! I'd only recommend this to someone if they have very flawless skin with no imperfections and small pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, light weight, but my only complaint is that even though there's many shades, it's impossible to find my perfect match, I have Olive skin and all the colors have pink undertones, so none if them really fit me well! :/

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Monica210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I finally found a foundation that suits my skin tone. I use shade Buff that's exactly the same colour as my skin. I just can't do full coverage, because I do tend to look a little pale, but it's nothing a blush and a bronzer can't fix.

But it wasn't the colour of this foundation that me fall in love with it, but the fact that it's perfect for my extremely oily skin. I always looked shiny after 2 hours, but with this foundation I can go all day with looking just a little shiny. It doesn't run off and usually just takes a little bit of powder to make it look great again.

It also doesn't make my skin break out, in four months of using it, my skin still looks the same. I used to be very acne prone, so I was afraid of how this foundation might make my skin, but no new acnes at all. I have had blackheads all my life and different creams are changing that, but at least this foundation is not making it worse.

It is really hard to get this foundation off, I do it with essence piling gel and I have to use tonic to really get all the product off.

The packaging really isn't the best, but it doesn't bother me at all. I just always shake the bottle really hard before use and the foundation comes at the top of the bottle, and I can just dip my finger into the foundation or I use concealer brush for that. It bothers me more that I can't see clearly how much of the product is left in the bottle.

I would definitely recommend this product to all those girls with oily skin and for those who have cool (pink) skin undertone and find other foundations too orange for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Oline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG product!!!
I live in Denmark, Europe so i can only get this foundation online. I bought 2, sand beige and buff. Buff is perfect for me in the winter, where sand beige is perfect for me when i've gotten a little sun. But if i get very tan in the summer, it might be too pale..

Anyways.. I'm moving to florida in summer 2015, so my family and i travelled to florida and i bought another sand beige. It was wierd because the other foundations i bought online were thicker. Well, it worked the same. ITS AMAZING. I buff it in with a buffing brush, and it gives such a good coverage. I've had friends and even strangers comment on my skin.
I have quite oily skin in the summers, so this foundation is the one that has kept me matte for the longest amount of time.

I have a pretty busy schedule. I wake up at about 6 am, school is at 8 am. Its ends at about 2 or 3 pm, and then at certain days i have soccer practice at 6.30pm to 8pm, AND IT LASTS. I do have to blot away the oil and reapply powder, but seriously it works wonders. I use the smashbox photo finish primer underneath and the mac skin refined zone plus some UD deslick, and i think that they definitly add a few more hours.

The minus about the foundation is, that its kinda hard to get off your face. I remember one time where i didnt have my usual make up cleanser, so i guess it didnt take the foundation completly offfff... And there i was. Acne in my entire face. - i've never had acne before, only minor hormonel breakouts with a couple of zits here and there. And i got that 3 days before school started.. great.

But my mom (the hero in my life hahh) hurried to the pharmacy, and bought the clindoxyl and something called avene cleanance gel AND IT SAVED ME. I already use a heavy makeup cleanser, but this cleanser removes the dirt and makeup that your makeup cleanser cant remove and cleanse every single pore and ahhh my face feels so fresh after (it does dry out your skin though, so its best for those who have oily or combo skin)

So if you buy this product, your skin will look:
Fantastic
like kim k's makeup artist swooped in and did your foundation
natural (unless you pour like 3 liters on your face, umm)

be aware of:
the results if you dont remove it... you will not look cute