September 21, 2014 | 1940 users online

Powders - Guerlain - Perles D'Azur Meteorites by Emilio Pucci

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by darklausal23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

They have a nice scent to them, the multicolor pearls are a treat to use, great for finishing powder versus setting powder, I have oily skin and use a matte foundation and this gives luminosity back without looking oily, pricey but good, not too travel friendly, more a leave at your vanity type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous product (see review for meteorites teint rose), but a little yellow on my pinky face. Begrudgingly returned :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you've ever been to a department store where there is a Guerlain counter, you have likely seen Meteorites. Most counters have them displayed because they're colorful and intriguing. I walked by them for years and always wondered what they were, how they worked, and if they were something that anyone actually bought. I finally stopped one day and inquired about them. As usual, the SA was rather snooty but I got the general idea about the product. The price scared me away but Meteorites were always stuck in my mind as one of the "fancy" products I'd like to have one day.

Last month, I got it in my head to finally buy them despite the fact that I rarely use powder because my skin is dry. I read all the reviews, comparison shopped and finally chose the Emilio Pucci design because hey, if you're gonna spend $50+ on a product, why not make it a pretty/limited edition one? I was a bit scared that the color would be too light as some of the pearls are blue, pink and white (so not colors that I wear as my skin is warm with yellow undertones) but it seems to work well with my skin tone.

The Pucci tin is cute enough. I love the color blue so that's a plus but I've never been overly fond of Pucci prints. The tin is metal and much better than the cardboard ones that the travel size product (which I also bought) comes in. It's sturdy and likely won't break unless you slam it on the ground. Unlike the travel size, the full size is roomy enough to fit a nicely sized face brush inside without any of the pearls bouncing out. I think it is imperative to get a good brush to apply this because a janky small brush will only frustrate you and a too big brush won't pick up much product.

Now, for the Meteorites themselves. They do impart a very nice lit-from-within-glow. It's a bit of trial and error figuring out how much to use because if you pile on too much, you can look freaky. I apply this all over my face and the difference is nice but subtle which was my goal. I've never worn loose or compact powders for an extended period of time because they leave me looking chalky and ashy because my skin tends to run on the drier side. For whatever reason, Meteorites doesn't leave me looking chalky or like I just time traveled from 1992. I'm just a bit more glowy. I also love that there's seemingly no glitter in the product. I'm knocking on the door of 35 and while I do like highlighters, too many of them are chalked full of glitter and sparkly bits. That's cool if you're 14 but I left that age a long time ago and would rather not look like a too old member of Jem and the Holograms.

Many people have remarked that they can't stand the smell of Meteorites. I don't have a huge problem with it but, unlike a lot of reviewers, I don't find that the scent goes away after awhile. The violet scent lingers on my face pretty much all day. Since the smell isn't completely terrible (just a bit old fashioned), it's not really a con in my book. I also haven't experienced any breakouts while using Meteorites. I can't speak on its supposed abilities to color correct discoloration problems as my only real skin problems are dullness and hyperpigmentation marks. Meteorites does help with the dullness part but there are no powders in this world that can cover or correct my nasty brown marks.

As with nearly all Guerlain products, Meteorites are pricey. The Emilo Pucci tin is limited edition and is presumably discontinued at this point, but it can still be found online. It's actually less than the "regular" tin which generally run around $70. Considering how little one has to use and how much product you get, it is highly unlikely that anyone can use this up in under ten years. As such, I'm not sure I would have to buy this again unless it got stolen or lost.

All that said, I don't think this is an HG/Must Have! product hence the four lippies. It's certainly very well made and better than the majority of highlighters and "fix all" powders out there but I can't imagine anyone flipping out if they don't have this in their makeup arsenal. It's one of those products that is nice to have because it makes you feel luxurious and fancy (it does to me anyway) which is likely why it's so hyped.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first Guerlain purchase. I did a lot of online research before choosing these meteorites. I ordered them online as I do not have a Guerlain counter near where I live.

Packaging: I love the pretty tin. I am a bit clumsy and have almost dropped it on several occasions. It's a little annoying to pick the sponge out of the top every time I use it, but I feel like it works better to leave the sponge in the tin rather than have the little meteorites rolling inside without. I keep this in a drawer rather than in my makeup bag. Probably not travel friendly.

Application: I use the Bobbi Brown travel blending brush. I love it. It's the perfect size to fit inside the tin. I swirl it around and then tap excess on the edge and then apply it in a sweeping motion all over my entire face and neck. I use this as a setting powder more than a highlighter. It is very subtle and I would say it is a diffused glow not a shimmer or sparkle. I love it. It's a very pretty finish on my fair skin (MAC N4, MUFE 117).

Scent: It smells like violets, but it goes away quickly for anyone who is worried about a lingering scent. It doesn't bother me.

Comparisons: There are none. I have used Dior highlighter in the amber diamond, and that has more pigment and highlight/shimmer. I use that sparingly and mostly over blush/bronzer, not as an all over finishing powder. I have also used Laura Mercier mosaic and that is by far the most shimmery and has larger particles. If you are looking for a true highlighter, Guerlain isn't really what you need. This is so hard to explain, but I love it. I have received compliments about my flawless skin. It just looks so pretty! I highly recommend these meteorites.

Next time I'm at a Guerlain counter I'll check out the other options in meteorites, but I am very pleased with my choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by LeoniePhoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product so so much - it is my first Guerlain buy, and to be honest it won't be my last! Initially persuaded to buy it by a Youtuber (who said that she only really bought it because of the packaging which i never do), I was intrigued and googled Meteorites. The reviews were great so I set off to John Lewis the next week to have a look at the Guerlain counter.

The sales assistant informed me that the limited edition Meteorites were 43 (a little out of my budget) and she applied the pearls to my face. The first thing I was hit with was the lovely lovely smell, which reminded me of parma violets. I enjoy the smell but it may be a little overpowering for those who do not like scented products. I don't really like them but this is so nice.
You cannot really tell the effects of the powder on your face in the department store as it is really quite sheer and not in your face, but in the sunlight you are glowing (and not in a disco ball way!). It's such a nice highlighter and gives you a really healthy look. I didn't purchase the first time I went but the second time, the sales assistant gave me a discount that I could not turn down!

To start with, I applied the product over concealer and Revlon Colour Stay foundation. It gives a lovely finish to your face (and is a great setting powder) but to be honest, I found it to be a little 'too much' and up close I didn't look too great, I found it was a little cakey which I did not like.
The next day I left the foundation and applied Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer with the pearls dusted over and wow, my skin looked so good. It looked like I had foundation on (but it looked very natural) when I didn't, it evened out my skin and it looked flawless. I am seriously impressed.
I do not suffer from acne and never have done but I have very bad dark circles, and I also suffer from redness in my skin. Using the concealer to cover my dark circles, my skin looks great. I do not think I will ever use foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WHAT IT IS IS:
Guerlain Meteorites are an iconic luxury cosmetic. If you're new to the idea, it's an illuminating finishing powder in an innovative format: colored little talc beads in a little container, which is usually very pretty. Smells flowery, like violets. Looks sheer when applied and somewhat sparkly. Guerlain regularly releases limited edition "ballz" because they have correctly assessed that ballz are like CRACK.
The Perles D'Azur Meteorites are a set of the seasonal ballz; if you look very hard and live in a place that time forgot, you can still find them. Seasonal ballz tend to be more sparkle-heavy than the permanent ballz and the Perles d'Azur are no exception.

PROS:
It's almost impossible to overdo. That is, if you have a high tolerance for a bit of sparkle. You won't get all talc-y faced if you apply these little suckers. They look really nice over bare skin or foundation. Even dusting them on overtop another loose powder is good because it gets some of the excess "real" powder off while giving you a pleasant, glassy-flecked shimmer finish.
The container is pretty as all get-out on your vanity.
It smells nice.

CONS:
If you're sensitive to and/or offended by talc, glitter, or fragrance, this is not the iconic luxury cosmetic for you.
It's not a miracle worker skin-finish wise, and it's not even a miracle worker as a powder. I'm not oily but it is massively humid where I live and there is clearly no antiperspirant here.
And, it must be said, I hate the blue ballz. The blue, combined with the orange, pink, and gold, looks dull. The overall finish is just the slightest bit grey. No one needs that. I took out the blue ballz and I like the soft warm finish much better.

TL;DR:
Nobody needs these, but they are addictive for collectors. The overall color scheme is not my favorite, but the Pucci packaging is particularly adorable.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Years ago (15+) I tried the Meteorites and just was not that impressed. In a moment of wild abandon, and spurred on by the Pucci designed container and good reviews, I purchased these on line at Sephora.com. I am very impressed. I apply this with a foundation brush over my Bobbie Brown TM, or my Kett foundation, and the results are wonderful. It gives a natural glow to my skin, and evens out the tone magnificently. Doesn't do much for oil control, but I am a habitual blotter anyway. Can be reapplied without caking. My only complaint, and this is minor, is the little balls get stuck in my brush every now and then and fall to the floor. I am quick to retrieve them, and it doesn't seem to cause them any harm. This is one of the most expensive makeup items I have purchased in some time, and am relieved to find out it actually works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love the tin, the packaging... very luxurious! The smell of violets is just gorgeous but fortunately it doesnt last on the face (would be overpowering imo).

What it does? It highlights the whole face, gives it more luminous look. In white veyr strong light you might see the glitter if you look closely but it doesnt look like disco-ball.
It lasts forever and makes me feel more glamorous :)
You will love it or not notice difference, its very subtle and if you read raves you might expect miracles :P Its not worth saving money on it but I dont regret my purchase :)

I wont buy again- limited and not sure if its ever gonna end :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! On days when it is really hot and I'm not doing anything too special, I put this all over my face and but on a little blush and bronzer then go! It evens out my skin tone and gives a nice, subtle glow. It doesn't flash back in pictures (I was worried it would) and it is barely noticeable on the skin minus the sheen it gives. I will be wearing this all year around for sure! It is great for finishing and I love the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was back-n-forth on buying this. Some people had great reviews and some said it did nothing for them.
I am really liking this finishing powder. It gives me a nice glow for summer. I think I would use this year-round. This also helps to even out me skin where it is red and my face does not look dry at all when I use this.
Of course, the container is really pretty on my counter. But, this is probably one of my favorite Meteorites. And, I would have never thought that by looking at it in the container.