October 23, 2014 | 906 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural #N9 Copper Pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also got a mini of this lipstick for my Sephora birthday. The mini bullet actually makes it easier to apply! Anyway, on me, the color is similar to MAC's Twig but pulls more coppery rose (similar to Clinique's Bronze Lilac Almost Lipstick). Since I have olive skin and pigmented lips, this is actually fairly MLBB for me. It's in between sheer and opaque and looks and feels weightless on the lips. Very creamy but tacky enough to stick to lips, and with a surprisingly long wear time. Fades evenly, with a pretty flush. This is a great formula. I'm really impressed. They could do away with the smell and taste though (this normally never bothers me, so if you're sensitive I'd stay away as it's pretty strong). I do like this shade but it's sooooooo not exciting so I probably wouldn't pick up a full size, but I am *definitely* going to check out the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a mini-version of this with the Sephora birthday gift and fell in love with it. I am not a lipstick person at all (I'm pretty much always tinted balm) and rarely wear any color on my lips. I can't remember the last time I wore a "real" lipstick before this. But a freebie is a freebie, so I tried it on and was totally impressed.

The formula is super lightweight and feels like nothing on. It is a little bit moisturizing for the first hour or so it's on but more importantly as it wears off it isn't super drying like so many lipsticks can be. Despite being the "natural" line of these (I guess the intense are more richly pigmented) this holds on pretty decently, even through a couple of rounds of contact with a beer mug (or glass, whatever). No odd smells or tastes - none of either to it at all, actually. Doesn't necessarily feel "creamy" because it is so weightless but it does go on very smoothly and makes lips look smooth as well. Not quite a completely matte finish but pretty much no obvious shine or glossiness to it.

I love the color, too. It's very flattering for my pale, warm skintone and quite subtle. It's like a lip-biting flush, an extremely mild red that I can wear without looking like I have glaringly obvious lipstick on. It sort of reminds me of Black Honey in both shade, subtletly and how it flatters. It's an MLBB but not a pinky one.

$20 is steep for a lipstick in my opinion and had I not had a store credit I don't know that I would have bought the full version. But if you like lipstick and have money to spare, definitely check this one out or another color in this line. The lipstick feels nice and looks beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by smithsm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My ultimate My Lips But Better. I love the texture and it never dries out my lips at all. The color could stay a little longer, but it's probably also mostly my own fault for always pressing and rubbing my lips together for how much I love this. I got it in the Sephora birthday set as well, and as soon as I could find the full size in the store I snatched it up. Can't wait to try more colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by LinaGranita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hello ladiesss
I got this for my birthday from Sephora and I was quite excited because I've never really tried a Makeup Forever lipstick. When I first opened it I as like ah great my favourite color (sarcasm), I don't really wear much lipstick, sometimes I do as a base but I also put lipgloss over it. This is the color i'd normally give my mom but I said what the heck let me try it.

well, I love it! It's sheer, moisturizing, very natural looking. It's the perfect ''rouge'' for those who don't like to wear mat lipsticks and like the more natural effect.

I'll use it up but not sure if I would buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by flutterby8i8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As many others, I got this in my birthday gift from Sephora. I loved the moisturizing feel of the product and that it didn't pull at my sensitive, chronically dry lips. It faded after 2 hours or so of talking and, admittedly, me pressing my lips together to appreciate the feel. It didn't fade completely, but was more visible around my lip line and in the creases of my lips. It quickly evened out as I rubbed my lips together, but I went ahead and added a second application. This one seemed to last about 3 hours before gently fading, likely because I wasn't pressing my lips together every five seconds. There is a very slight chemical odor, but it fades within about ten minutes. It isn't anything I could pinpoint, and it isn't perfumey, just a little chemical smelling. It also passed the kiss test. My fiance has been known to say, "Ew, sticky," when my lipstick has the least little bit of tack to it. This felt a bit more like a smooth balm or lip butter, not a lip stick, but had decent staying power despite the moisturizing nature.

It took me a couple of hours to realize why I loved the shade so very much as I've been wearing nudes, pinky nudes, and berry nudes for about 10 years now. It finally hit me that the color is VERY similar to Lancome's Sugared Maple, a color I wore exclusively in highschool. Sugared Maple is a bit darker with a little more brown, but it certainly had more staying power. I do recall that it was a bit drying on my lips. For those who liked the shade and tone, but not the slick feel and propensity to fade, Sugared Maple may be another option for you. The fact that the MUFE N9 is a little more sheer is likely what appealed to my changing taste along with the fact that the color really does look fabulous on my warm toned skin with hints of cool tones in my cheeks.

Below, I've linked pictures of swatches of both colors:

Lancome's Sugared Maple

Make Up For Ever N9

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by andrealan

Surprisingly enough this shade matches my natural lip color PERFECTLY, even though it looks fairly dark in the tube. It's great for subtle every day use, especially under a gloss. The only downside is the "lipsticky" smell that's kind of cheap to me but not unbearable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great neutral pinky-nude lipstick. Very emollient, and easy to apply. I am a medium-toned redhead, but I think this color would look good on just about anyone.

This is more on the lip butter side of the spectrum, as opposed to a true lipstick. It does not stain the lips -- contrary to their advertising, this shade is not very highly pigmented. Very comfortable. I have to be careful not to over-apply, as it can get greasy.

What I don't like: The smell, which isn't horrible, but isn't good either. Just a generic, chemical lipstick smell that I don't associate with premium brands -- more like a Wet 'n Wild smell. The packaging is also very, very basic -- black plastic, so you can't differentiate one lipstick from another

Reason I would probably not buy again: This is a $20 lipstick, and I think Revlon Lip Butters (at about $6.50) in fig jam or pink truffle are pretty equivalent. They tint their cases so you can tell one color from another at a glance. And they do not smell nasty.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in my Sephora birthday gift and I was skeptical like everyone else. It looked like a color I would never wear or want to purchase. It looked really dark and not flattering in the tube and something not wearable. But being a lipstick junkie I tried it on and it amazed me! It is this beautiful mauve pink and so wearable for everyday! I put a thin layer on and blend it in with my fingers and it looks so natural and beautiful. New favorite lipstick! The only thing I dislike is the smell/taste. But it's a wonderful product AND it was free! This lipstick taught me not to judge a book by it's cover. Try products on first and give them a chance to amaze you! Will definitely repurchase when I run out

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by JulieDavon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really adore this lipstick :)

The color is perfect, it goes on easily, and it even helps moisturize my lips.

I wasn't sure about the price as I got this as my birthday gift from Sephora. The packing was fine. It doesn't last very long but that was a really easy fix. I just outline and color in my lips with Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip 2C and it lasts all day.

I've taken to wearing this every day and I'm not a lipstick person. It looks natural on me and not clownish like lipstick normally makes me feel :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in the birthday gift like most of the others have. I have to say that I do not like this lipstick. The formula and everything is fine but its just the color itself..it does not look good on me! I have very very porcelain skin (NC5ish) and I have naturally big lips and this color is clownish on me. I never really look good in darker shades like this, I usually wear light pinks and more sheer colors because its so easy for lipstick to look clownish on me! Maybe I can mix it with some vaseline and make a tiny tinted balm or something haha, otherwise Im going to pass on this one!