August 21, 2014 | 1167 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural #N9 Copper Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by andrealan

Surprisingly enough this shade matches my natural lip color PERFECTLY, even though it looks fairly dark in the tube. It's great for subtle every day use, especially under a gloss. The only downside is the "lipsticky" smell that's kind of cheap to me but not unbearable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great neutral pinky-nude lipstick. Very emollient, and easy to apply. I am a medium-toned redhead, but I think this color would look good on just about anyone.

This is more on the lip butter side of the spectrum, as opposed to a true lipstick. It does not stain the lips -- contrary to their advertising, this shade is not very highly pigmented. Very comfortable. I have to be careful not to over-apply, as it can get greasy.

What I don't like: The smell, which isn't horrible, but isn't good either. Just a generic, chemical lipstick smell that I don't associate with premium brands -- more like a Wet 'n Wild smell. The packaging is also very, very basic -- black plastic, so you can't differentiate one lipstick from another

Reason I would probably not buy again: This is a $20 lipstick, and I think Revlon Lip Butters (at about $6.50) in fig jam or pink truffle are pretty equivalent. They tint their cases so you can tell one color from another at a glance. And they do not smell nasty.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in my Sephora birthday gift and I was skeptical like everyone else. It looked like a color I would never wear or want to purchase. It looked really dark and not flattering in the tube and something not wearable. But being a lipstick junkie I tried it on and it amazed me! It is this beautiful mauve pink and so wearable for everyday! I put a thin layer on and blend it in with my fingers and it looks so natural and beautiful. New favorite lipstick! The only thing I dislike is the smell/taste. But it's a wonderful product AND it was free! This lipstick taught me not to judge a book by it's cover. Try products on first and give them a chance to amaze you! Will definitely repurchase when I run out

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by JulieDavon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really adore this lipstick :)

The color is perfect, it goes on easily, and it even helps moisturize my lips.

I wasn't sure about the price as I got this as my birthday gift from Sephora. The packing was fine. It doesn't last very long but that was a really easy fix. I just outline and color in my lips with Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip 2C and it lasts all day.

I've taken to wearing this every day and I'm not a lipstick person. It looks natural on me and not clownish like lipstick normally makes me feel :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in the birthday gift like most of the others have. I have to say that I do not like this lipstick. The formula and everything is fine but its just the color itself..it does not look good on me! I have very very porcelain skin (NC5ish) and I have naturally big lips and this color is clownish on me. I never really look good in darker shades like this, I usually wear light pinks and more sheer colors because its so easy for lipstick to look clownish on me! Maybe I can mix it with some vaseline and make a tiny tinted balm or something haha, otherwise Im going to pass on this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Missunlucky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this lipstick for my birthday gift. Like everyone else, I looked at the colour and thought how ugly. I tired it on anyway and it was love at first sight. It's the perfect colour for everyday! I will definitely repurchase once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

N9 Copper Pink by Make Up For Ever is nice—just not on me. I'm not sure why, but I can't bring myself to like this shade. I don't like the colour on my NC45 & think it looks too… mature, for a lack of better term. Again, on someone else, it makes for a good neutral, everyday lipstick. N9 is one of the shades you can wear if you're doing a mascara & eyeliner only day. I like opaqueness & because Rouge Artist Natural lipsticks are SO creamy, I have to put on a few coats to get the full look I desire. They finish shiny, but not overly so. Costing $20 at Sephora, I won't be picking up N9 again. Another shade, however, I'd be willing to give a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Marayla

I ADORE this lipstick! Seriously, this is the first lipstick that I have actually used for more than 2 weeks! Other lipsticks just dry out my lips so much even if they claim to be moisturizing.. it just ends up being a huge waste of money and space in my vanity! I got this product recommendation off of Morgan Stewart's blog about 2 months ago and I'm so so happy that I went for it because I have worn this every single day since! It is the perfect shade- looks like a brownish pink/red color in the tube but it is so pretty on (MLBB). It feels sheer but the color payoff is great and goes on so smooth and it lasts awhile! I'll usually only end up reapplying once throughout the work day (if at all) and then once before going out at night. Oh and it smells good too! Not sure how to describe it- almost like a fruity scent? I really can't say enough good things about this lipstick- it's perfect for day or night, anytime, anyplace. Seriously, go get yourself this lipstick you won't regret it! It is a definite staple in my makeup bag! And just a side note.. the Chanel lip liner in 'tulip' goes great with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by susan1326

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like so many others, I received this in the Sephora birthday gift set. Like so many others, I looked at the color in the tube and thought, "There's no way I'm going to wear that." Then, like so many others, I tried it on. And like so many others, I was amazed! The Rouge Natural formulation is going to be a life-changing lipstick for me. It applies with a sheer to medium wash of silky, moisturizing color and stays put! No sliding around lip lines! Shade N9 ended up being a my lips but WAY better shade. What truly amazes me is the staying power of this formula. I do put a sheer layer of foundation over my lips before I apply lipstick. I apply first thing in the morning and after lunch. Six hours after lunch the color is still on my lips! No wearing off unevenly and leaving that ring of color around your lips. I have never had a lipstick of any brand, drugstore or high end, which wears as evenly as this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by spooji

It smells nice and has such a nice natural color!! The staying power is not too long, which is a little disappointing, but it's not drying and feels SO nice when you put it on.