Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural N9 Copper Pink

4.3

on 7/11/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great color and texture, pretty tong-lasting, love this stuff.

on 7/11/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this through Sephora's Beauty Insider program, and I found myself reaching for it at least 4 times a week for work: on me, it's a perfect MLBB color -- it gives my lips a really natural color enhancement. I also LOVE the way it smells, it reminds me of the Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper lipsmacker! The formula isn't super long-lasting, but it's on the buttery side and doesn't provide much shine, but enough to look very natural and pretty. (I fortunately haven't experienced the reactions to this lipstick other reviewers have.) I recently purchased the full-size of this, and will definitely explore more colors in the Rouge Artist Natural line.

on 3/29/2015 7:29:00 PM

i love mufe in general as the products have intense pigmentation, texture is smooth and long lasting

these natural series is pass for me. nothing special, colors arent trendy, expensive, packaging isnt eye catching either. there are drug store dupes for most of the shades that outperforms this line, so i dont really bother. product returned.

rouge artist intense is a different story, tho.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This lipstick is amazing. Firstly, I am a dark complected person and I have been searching for a good nude lipstick. I have the sample size one, which was in the Sephora birthday gift bag last year. I had never tried it on until today since I'm going to a concert and wanted a natural look. This lipstick on my skin is like a nude lipstick and it looks absolutely natural on me, like I am not wearing anything. It's very moisturizing too. I put some of my Rimmel Stay Matte powder over the top to make it matte instead of the shiny look it gives you. I would recommend it to people who are dark complected or skinned who want a nude lip!

on 3/17/2015 6:24:00 PM

The color is beautiful - very professional and polished looking. Perfect for work. However, by day 2 of wearing this my lips were starting to feel all weird - dry, stinging. There must be something in this lipstick that is not good for those with sensitized lips. Here are the ingredients:
N9 Copper Pink

Ricinus Communis Oil (Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil), Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Lanolin Oil, Polyethylene, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Ozokerite, Parfum (Fragrance), Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Mica, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Propyl Gallate, BHT,[CI 12085 (Red 36, Red 36 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45370 (Orange 5, Orange 5 Lake), CI 45380 (Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 22 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), CI 47005 (Yellow 10, Yellow 10 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

on 2/1/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I found this lipstick to be very moisturizing and a really nice MLBB shade. I don't think it lasts the longest time but the fact that it doesn't settle into my lip lines and feels nice on my lips is a huge plus. I honestly don't mind reapplying this product. The saddest thing is that my lips gets a reaction to this... my upper lip gets red and a little swollen.... :( still a good freakin lipstick though lol

on 2/1/2015 5:27:00 PM

I love this lipstick - very similar to MAC Mystical lipstick, which is another favourite of mine. Very moisturizing, great colour (natural looking).

on 1/26/2015 11:03:00 PM

Super buttery and the color stays on for a long time. I don't know what kind of magic they did for the fragrance but it's amazing and always makes me happy when I put it on.

This is a very well-made lipstick, and the color is versatile; I think this sets my personal standard for lipsticks.
I received one of these in a mini size along with a MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara for the Sephora birthday set, and I was very excited to receive them both! I haven't tried many MUFE products, so getting some for free is always a nice surprise. Rouge Artist Natural #9 is just about as professional as you can get when it comes to color; it's a very modest shade, giving my lips a hint of rouge color without becoming the bold red or anything deep. I love wearing it for work and interviews. While it's not my favorite color ever, this lightened rose-copper shade is a great one to have around for any days when I need to look mature. Lol.
The pigmentation is good. It's not perfect, but it's adequate. No.9 is less opaque than many shades, but it's buildable to a good extent. The color, upon application, is true to the tube. It still looks quite natural; its formula isn't so thick to cake my lips, and it managed to follow the natural contours and texture of my lips very nicely. No. 9 actually feels very much like a weightless lipstick.
Its staying power isn't the most impressive, but it manages to last a while before it needs to be reapplied. If it does dry, I don't really notice, actually; this one isn't annoying when it dries. I don't feel it drying up my lips; I'd call No.9 moisturizing, to an extent.
I like the packaging; the black tube is very sleek and sturdy. You can get one of these lipsticks for free as a Sephora birthday reward for members- I don't know if they're having a different reward for 2015, though. A full-size one of these costs $20; it's not as much as most high end lipsticks, so I guess it's still a deal! I like this lipstick; I might even look at the rest of the line. Would recommend.

on 12/29/2014 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is such a pretty lipstick.
It's a medium pink with the slightest bit of shimmer, nothing noticable, just enough to make your lips look plump and moist.
I have fair skin and unpigmented lips, and this looks incredibly natural on me.
The texture is like a thin lip balm; very comfortable to wear. It doesn't dry until four or five hours in wearing it, although, by then I would've reapplied. I'd say it lasts up to six hours if you don't eat or drink.
If you have fair to medium skin, try this lipstick!!! Probably the best mlbb I've tried aside from the MUFE birthday lipstick!

Update: whoops. The colour I have is N10 iredescent copper pink!
N10 is less mauve than N9 (N9 is more pink and bright) and is a cream, not a shimmer. They're very similar! Recommend both

Popular Lipsticks