January 31, 2015 | 2112 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural N9 Copper Pink

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 11:03:00 PM More reviews by choux

Super buttery and the color stays on for a long time. I don't know what kind of magic they did for the fragrance but it's amazing and always makes me happy when I put it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2015 1:01:00 AM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is a very well-made lipstick, and the color is versatile; I think this sets my personal standard for lipsticks.
I received one of these in a mini size along with a MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara for the Sephora birthday set, and I was very excited to receive them both! I haven't tried many MUFE products, so getting some for free is always a nice surprise. Rouge Artist Natural #9 is just about as professional as you can get when it comes to color; it's a very modest shade, giving my lips a hint of rouge color without becoming the bold red or anything deep. I love wearing it for work and interviews. While it's not my favorite color ever, this lightened rose-copper shade is a great one to have around for any days when I need to look mature. Lol.
The pigmentation is good. It's not perfect, but it's adequate. No.9 is less opaque than many shades, but it's buildable to a good extent. The color, upon application, is true to the tube. It still looks quite natural; its formula isn't so thick to cake my lips, and it managed to follow the natural contours and texture of my lips very nicely. No. 9 actually feels very much like a weightless lipstick.
Its staying power isn't the most impressive, but it manages to last a while before it needs to be reapplied. If it does dry, I don't really notice, actually; this one isn't annoying when it dries. I don't feel it drying up my lips; I'd call No.9 moisturizing, to an extent.
I like the packaging; the black tube is very sleek and sturdy. You can get one of these lipsticks for free as a Sephora birthday reward for members- I don't know if they're having a different reward for 2015, though. A full-size one of these costs $20; it's not as much as most high end lipsticks, so I guess it's still a deal! I like this lipstick; I might even look at the rest of the line. Would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty lipstick.
It's a medium pink with the slightest bit of shimmer, nothing noticable, just enough to make your lips look plump and moist.
I have fair skin and unpigmented lips, and this looks incredibly natural on me.
The texture is like a thin lip balm; very comfortable to wear. It doesn't dry until four or five hours in wearing it, although, by then I would've reapplied. I'd say it lasts up to six hours if you don't eat or drink.
If you have fair to medium skin, try this lipstick!!! Probably the best mlbb I've tried aside from the MUFE birthday lipstick!

Update: whoops. The colour I have is N10 iredescent copper pink!
N10 is less mauve than N9 (N9 is more pink and bright) and is a cream, not a shimmer. They're very similar! Recommend both

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're NC40-42 or darker then you must consider getting this as a nude lipstick! The color is truly spectacular and provides a great shade to wear everyday.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Like pretty much everyone else who reviewed this lipstick before me, I received this as part of the 2014 Sephora birthday gift that came with a mini Smoky Extravagant mascara. This lipstick is a natural rosy MLBB shade that has a natural, glossy finish, almost like a lipgloss. It's one of those universally flattering shades, like MAC VGV. The formula was moisturizing and wore off well, leaving a slight rosy stain on my pigmented lips. Like others have mentioned, this has that classic lipstick smell that I could do without. This is a safe color for the office and a bit boring, but a no brainer when you're in a hurry and want something that makes you look polished but not overly made up. The scent is a bit off putting to me, so I probably won't be reaching for this lipstick often.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I got this as part of my birthday gift from Sephora. I'd never have deliberately chosen a shade called "Copper Pink" since I avoid just about anything labelled "copper" but this is actually a very lovely shade. It looks quite natural on me and the lipstick itself is such a nice formula - it is very moisturizing and silky feeling and with great pigmentation. It leaves my lips feeling great. I would certainly repurchase this shade, though I am more likely to buy lipsticks from this line in slightly different colours. The formula is really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous sheer lipstick that pulls more copper than pink on me. I have yellow orange undertones & wear NW 43 in Mac. This is the perfect color for everyday wear & very moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mybeadifullife

I love the color and feel of it on my lips, it doesn't feel drying at all, and gives my lips a "my lips but better" look, a bit darker neutral look. It has a slight sheen to it, and lasts average amount of time. I love that I don't need to worry about prepping my lips for this, and no lip liner needed. The only complaint I have is the perfumey smell is quite strong, and lasts awhile. I can also taste the perfume if I eat or drink soon after reapplying this. That's the only thing keeping me from purchasing a full size. ( I got the birthday mini from sephora).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! Pleasant love surprise for this lipstick! I got this in my Sephora birthday gift and I usually don't like free/gift lipsticks but I was shocked/in love with this. It's more red than copper pink on my NW22 skin. It's very complimentary, probably for many people. I imagine with darker hair it would be more of a neutral, but it's a really great color and would probably look great on just about everyone. Will buy and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by SiiLLYxMEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is very subtle and is meant for daily use. It just adds a bit of color to your natural lips. I didn't find it drying and found this more of a lipbutter than lipstick. I do think you have to reapply this throughout the day since it does fade easily. I would repurchase this again if I were to need another natural everyday look lipstick. It is the perfect dark nude color for naturalness.