November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural #N9 Copper Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous sheer lipstick that pulls more copper than pink on me. I have yellow orange undertones & wear NW 43 in Mac. This is the perfect color for everyday wear & very moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mybeadifullife

I love the color and feel of it on my lips, it doesn't feel drying at all, and gives my lips a "my lips but better" look, a bit darker neutral look. It has a slight sheen to it, and lasts average amount of time. I love that I don't need to worry about prepping my lips for this, and no lip liner needed. The only complaint I have is the perfumey smell is quite strong, and lasts awhile. I can also taste the perfume if I eat or drink soon after reapplying this. That's the only thing keeping me from purchasing a full size. ( I got the birthday mini from sephora).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! Pleasant love surprise for this lipstick! I got this in my Sephora birthday gift and I usually don't like free/gift lipsticks but I was shocked/in love with this. It's more red than copper pink on my NW22 skin. It's very complimentary, probably for many people. I imagine with darker hair it would be more of a neutral, but it's a really great color and would probably look great on just about everyone. Will buy and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by SiiLLYxMEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is very subtle and is meant for daily use. It just adds a bit of color to your natural lips. I didn't find it drying and found this more of a lipbutter than lipstick. I do think you have to reapply this throughout the day since it does fade easily. I would repurchase this again if I were to need another natural everyday look lipstick. It is the perfect dark nude color for naturalness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a mini for my birthday from sephora, and fully finished it and went back and bough the full sized one I loved it so much. It's soft and smooth, and glides onto the lips. It doesn't dry my lips but it doesn't add moisture. It lasts four hours on me. The only thing I dislike is the scent. it's a little too perfume-y for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also got a mini of this lipstick for my Sephora birthday. The mini bullet actually makes it easier to apply! Anyway, on me, the color is similar to MAC's Twig but pulls more coppery rose (similar to Clinique's Bronze Lilac Almost Lipstick). Since I have olive skin and pigmented lips, this is actually fairly MLBB for me. It's in between sheer and opaque and looks and feels weightless on the lips. Very creamy but tacky enough to stick to lips, and with a surprisingly long wear time. Fades evenly, with a pretty flush. This is a great formula. I'm really impressed. They could do away with the smell and taste though (this normally never bothers me, so if you're sensitive I'd stay away as it's pretty strong). I do like this shade but it's sooooooo not exciting so I probably wouldn't pick up a full size, but I am *definitely* going to check out the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a mini-version of this with the Sephora birthday gift and fell in love with it. I am not a lipstick person at all (I'm pretty much always tinted balm) and rarely wear any color on my lips. I can't remember the last time I wore a "real" lipstick before this. But a freebie is a freebie, so I tried it on and was totally impressed.

The formula is super lightweight and feels like nothing on. It is a little bit moisturizing for the first hour or so it's on but more importantly as it wears off it isn't super drying like so many lipsticks can be. Despite being the "natural" line of these (I guess the intense are more richly pigmented) this holds on pretty decently, even through a couple of rounds of contact with a beer mug (or glass, whatever). No odd smells or tastes - none of either to it at all, actually. Doesn't necessarily feel "creamy" because it is so weightless but it does go on very smoothly and makes lips look smooth as well. Not quite a completely matte finish but pretty much no obvious shine or glossiness to it.

I love the color, too. It's very flattering for my pale, warm skintone and quite subtle. It's like a lip-biting flush, an extremely mild red that I can wear without looking like I have glaringly obvious lipstick on. It sort of reminds me of Black Honey in both shade, subtletly and how it flatters. It's an MLBB but not a pinky one.

$20 is steep for a lipstick in my opinion and had I not had a store credit I don't know that I would have bought the full version. But if you like lipstick and have money to spare, definitely check this one out or another color in this line. The lipstick feels nice and looks beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by smithsm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My ultimate My Lips But Better. I love the texture and it never dries out my lips at all. The color could stay a little longer, but it's probably also mostly my own fault for always pressing and rubbing my lips together for how much I love this. I got it in the Sephora birthday set as well, and as soon as I could find the full size in the store I snatched it up. Can't wait to try more colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by LinaGranita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hello ladiesss
I got this for my birthday from Sephora and I was quite excited because I've never really tried a Makeup Forever lipstick. When I first opened it I as like ah great my favourite color (sarcasm), I don't really wear much lipstick, sometimes I do as a base but I also put lipgloss over it. This is the color i'd normally give my mom but I said what the heck let me try it.

well, I love it! It's sheer, moisturizing, very natural looking. It's the perfect ''rouge'' for those who don't like to wear mat lipsticks and like the more natural effect.

I'll use it up but not sure if I would buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by flutterby8i8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As many others, I got this in my birthday gift from Sephora. I loved the moisturizing feel of the product and that it didn't pull at my sensitive, chronically dry lips. It faded after 2 hours or so of talking and, admittedly, me pressing my lips together to appreciate the feel. It didn't fade completely, but was more visible around my lip line and in the creases of my lips. It quickly evened out as I rubbed my lips together, but I went ahead and added a second application. This one seemed to last about 3 hours before gently fading, likely because I wasn't pressing my lips together every five seconds. There is a very slight chemical odor, but it fades within about ten minutes. It isn't anything I could pinpoint, and it isn't perfumey, just a little chemical smelling. It also passed the kiss test. My fiance has been known to say, "Ew, sticky," when my lipstick has the least little bit of tack to it. This felt a bit more like a smooth balm or lip butter, not a lip stick, but had decent staying power despite the moisturizing nature.

It took me a couple of hours to realize why I loved the shade so very much as I've been wearing nudes, pinky nudes, and berry nudes for about 10 years now. It finally hit me that the color is VERY similar to Lancome's Sugared Maple, a color I wore exclusively in highschool. Sugared Maple is a bit darker with a little more brown, but it certainly had more staying power. I do recall that it was a bit drying on my lips. For those who liked the shade and tone, but not the slick feel and propensity to fade, Sugared Maple may be another option for you. The fact that the MUFE N9 is a little more sheer is likely what appealed to my changing taste along with the fact that the color really does look fabulous on my warm toned skin with hints of cool tones in my cheeks.

Below, I've linked pictures of swatches of both colors:

Lancome's Sugared Maple