October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bubble Bath

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by WoodsCommaElle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never really spent much time or effort on my nails until I got engaged and suddenly everyone wanted to see my ring...which meant showing everybody my hands, including my unpolished nails and scraggly cuticles. Having not worn nail polish since my love affair with Chanel's Starry Night in high school, I was nervous about bright colors and just wanted something that looked like my natural nails, only *better.* Enter Bubble Bath. I saw it in a bridal magazine and thought it was just the ticket, so I ran out to the nearest store and bought a bottle. Score! This is the best polish ever for when you just want an understated, classy look without a ton of effort (the color hides chips very well). I love OPI's wide brush, which makes it possible to cover my nails in 2 strokes, eliminating that pesky streakiness you sometimes get with paler polishes. The formula settles pretty well once on the nail, and my manicures have no trouble lasting a week although I don't really know how long this polish is capable of going because I usually get bored and change my polish after 4-5 days. Although I have since branched out to brighter and bolder colors (gasp!), I still have an affinity for Bubble Bath and I find myself reaching for it often. Pretty soon I will need yet another bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by rheezie

I really like this polish! I find it great for a nail-painting novice like myself, having had acrylics off a week ago (after over 2 years of having them on), I've found OPI Bubble Bath to be really forgiving to the ridges and flaky state my nails are currently in.

I find it easy to apply, again its very forgiving to me, I have never really painted my nails so am still perfecting my 'technique', Bubble Bath is so sheer it doesn't really matter how much mess I make as you cant see it!

I apply 4 coats (with base and top) and find this is opaque enough for me, another commenter said its 'like my natural nails but better' with which I completely agree!

I love loud colours but while I am trying to get my nails into a healthier state, Bubble Bath will be my go-to!

Value wise, I bought a mini-pot from eBay for 1.99, I find this a great way of testing colours before committing fully to a big pot with a larger price tag!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! the BEST nail polish ever! I was across the country in Arizona for a job interview (next day) and decided I wanted to "re do" my manicure and was looking for the perfect DIY interview-perfect nail color; I chose this OPI color, and I love OPI much more than overhyped Essie, which is not as superior in quality as OPI imo. Sat in the hotel room, did my manicure (3 even coats); I was worried a bit during application but during the drying process the color transformed from milky to gorgeously opaque (milky opaque) and stellar against my suntan! Next day I felt super in my interview outfit, confident (pretty nails)--I got the job!! This nail polish color is feminine, professional, classy, elegant, timeless, all-around beautiful ----- And the formula is beyond outstanding. I cannot believe these 3 coats DID NOT CHIP EVEN 1 WEEK LATER!!!! After nonstop flights (airport travel), back home and nonstop typing and dishwashing and white water rafting and swimming and gardening. My God this nail polish is a true HG - OPI is the ONLY nail polish I use now

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by PernilleAa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't like this polish. It's streaky and takes a LONG time to dry. I like that It's sheer, but I would like it to have a bit more colour to it.
Next time I will bye "Silk" by Gosh instead. It's a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

This is my second bottle of bubble bath. It's a sheer milky pink that makes your hands look very professional. It's not setting the world on fire or anything but the formula is good. I usually put on 3 coats. Average wear for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not expert at painting my nails so I have to do three coats to even out streakiness.

I like Bubble Bath because it makes such a clean, fresh look. I think the pink in Essie Mademoiselle is more flattering to my cool skin, and it is easier to apply for me, but the contrast of the warmer Bubble Bath makes me look a little tanner. In my head it does anyway. I think it looks very well groomed and elegant.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by FancyHeart

I love OPI but this polish never really dries every time I try to wear it. I've been doing my own nails for years so I know the rules, no thick layers, give it time to dry between layers, etc. This polish just does not dry. It's frustrating because it is quite beautiful with three layers (if only I could get it to dry!). Haven't had this problem with other OPI polishes. Just a heads up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

A shade for those who work in conservative environments where visible nail polish is a no-no.

Bubble bath is a sheer, milky color. I love it for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

This has been my HG polish for about a year. I was on a major light beige pink french manicure polish kick for a while and bought about 8 or 9 different Essie polishes until I was randomly at ULTA one day and saw that OPI ten best polishes set and saw that this was in there. I figured since this is one of the best sellers it might be what I'm looking for. Holy crap, this is PERFECT. This is the perfect nude/pink nail polish. I usually used to wear purples, LPAD was my HG for many years but I swim a lot and whenever my polish chips its so obvious when its dark, so I figured I would switch it up and do nice light nude nails since you wouldn't see the chips as easily and its so beautiful! I've actually been using this so much I've used up half the bottle- something I've never done before. I love it!
I get so many compliments on this polish. I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite nude/french manicure polishes. Essie Mademoiselle is also on this but OPI Bubble Bath is a great love of mine too.

-it's a beautiful light nude pink shade. It's not too opaque, not too white, not too pink. Perfect for a very natural but classy look.
-I only need about 2 coats to get a good color pay off.
-it's a bit expensive. About 8 dollars which to me is a lot for a nail polish but I would totally say its worth it.
-dries very fast! I'd say 3-5 mins for each coat and it dries to a beautiful shiny finish.
-the texture of the polish can get a little streaky, but it does dry well and evens out. If it gets a little thick over time just add a tiny bit of nail polish remover to the polish bottle, shake it up good and that should thin it out a bit. I had bottle for 4 months and it started to get a little sticky but the polish remover helped.
-For me OPI is kind of hard to find. I usually have to go to Sally Beauty or Target. I don't get OPI at CVS or Walgreens from what I have seen but Sally's always has this shade on hand. THANK YOU SALLYS!
-i'd say this is a great staple color in your nail polish collection. I always reach for it for an everyday look and it's very nice for special occasions as well!

will repurchase and would recommend.