April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bubble Bath

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

This has been my HG polish for about a year. I was on a major light beige pink french manicure polish kick for a while and bought about 8 or 9 different Essie polishes until I was randomly at ULTA one day and saw that OPI ten best polishes set and saw that this was in there. I figured since this is one of the best sellers it might be what I'm looking for. Holy crap, this is PERFECT. This is the perfect nude/pink nail polish. I usually used to wear purples, LPAD was my HG for many years but I swim a lot and whenever my polish chips its so obvious when its dark, so I figured I would switch it up and do nice light nude nails since you wouldn't see the chips as easily and its so beautiful! I've actually been using this so much I've used up half the bottle- something I've never done before. I love it!
I get so many compliments on this polish. I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite nude/french manicure polishes. Essie Mademoiselle is also on this but OPI Bubble Bath is a great love of mine too.

-it's a beautiful light nude pink shade. It's not too opaque, not too white, not too pink. Perfect for a very natural but classy look.
-I only need about 2 coats to get a good color pay off.
-it's a bit expensive. About 8 dollars which to me is a lot for a nail polish but I would totally say its worth it.
-dries very fast! I'd say 3-5 mins for each coat and it dries to a beautiful shiny finish.
-the texture of the polish can get a little streaky, but it does dry well and evens out. If it gets a little thick over time just add a tiny bit of nail polish remover to the polish bottle, shake it up good and that should thin it out a bit. I had bottle for 4 months and it started to get a little sticky but the polish remover helped.
-For me OPI is kind of hard to find. I usually have to go to Sally Beauty or Target. I don't get OPI at CVS or Walgreens from what I have seen but Sally's always has this shade on hand. THANK YOU SALLYS!
-i'd say this is a great staple color in your nail polish collection. I always reach for it for an everyday look and it's very nice for special occasions as well!

will repurchase and would recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't think I like OPI nail polishes because they're expensive and don't go on well. This one streaks a lot. If I put a lot of layers on, the polish peels easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kaiyrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives me the same effect as Essie Ballet Slippers + Madamoiselle but with only one polish. It's just a really nice, feminine, my-nails-but-better look. I'm not technically allowed to wear nail polish at work, so this polish allows my hands to look finished without making a statement about it. Another thing I like about it - maybe this is just my bottle - it kind of "fixes" itself. Normally colors this sheer can run a little streaky, but that's not a problem with Bubble Bath - if I apply it kind of streaky, it somehow settles to non-streaky, nude heaven. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this polish over the summer because I know it's one of OPI's best sellers. I put on a base coat, two coats of the polish, and a top coat like I always do and I just wasn't that impressed with it so it went in my nail polish drawer and was forgotten about. Last week, I was in Washington, DC on vacation and asked a girl what nail polish she was wearing and she told me Bubble Bath. I just HAD to have it. When I got home, I rushed to my local Ulta and picked it up straight away. Then realized I already had it........ and I tried it again. This time with three coats. I liked it better... but it's no where near as cute as it was on her. But why?!?! Here is my theory: she had a cold undertone to her skin, and the pale pink just popped on her! I have a warm undertone, and the three coats of pale pink almost exactly matches my skin. Instead of popping, it's hardly noticeable on me :(. My boyfriend agrees that this is the reason, he said it was a lot more noticeable on her (bless his heart for listening to my nail polish trials and tribulations). My search for my favorite "nude-ish" nail continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by nomoreagingforme

Bubble Bath is a very sheer, nude pink color. It feels very delicate and feminine. I use about 3 coats to build a solid base color because it is a very soft nude color that can be transparent if not applied correctly. My nails feel fresh and girly after putting on. One of my favorite colors from the OPI collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bubble Bath is a very sheer pink polish in OPI's core line. This is the perfect nude polish. It does go on so sheer at first that it is difficult to see exact placement but this does build up to a nice milky pale pink and healthy look on your nails. The formula on this is thin and this does not self level so you have to apply it carefully to avoid streaks. I use this a lot just for a natural "my nails but better" look as well as for doing french manicures. This is just a great base. Bubble Bath is one of the first OPI polishes I ever bought so this bottle is several years old and well loved. The brush on this is just a standard brush and it's flexible enough to apply polish easily, but it doesn't fan out or apply polish quite as well as the professional brushes do. This is my second favorite nude polish, right behind my favorite Sally Hansen Naked Ambition because it has that shimmer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

I'm a pretty experienced nail polish user, but I could never get this polish to apply without bubbling. It also turned a bit yellowish on my nails after a couple of days. I'm a huge OPI fan, but this color was a fail for me and I'm not sure why it is so popular. I gave mine away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this since it looks amazing on everyone else but on me it looks streaky and uneven on me. i ended up swapping it since i couldnt get it to work for me

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: For really pale types (around NW10) - I wouldn't recommend this nail polish. It's too beigy and looks a little sickly in different lighting. You'll want to try Essie in Mademoiselle or Allure. They have a great sheer pink/cream color that gives the same effect that Bubblebath gives on tanner types. You'll just need to do 2 - 4 coats to get good color payoff. If you want something more opaque with a similar effect with only 2 coats - try L'oreal's "How Romantic."

-----

With two coats, this polish looks too beige and sheer on pale skin (I'm NW10 for reference). With three coats, this polish looks better, but still a little too beige. I love the natural but polished look, and overall this delivers that. I'll still keep an eye out for something a little milkier and pink, though.