OPI Bubble Bath

formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalate (DBP)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is just a bit nicer than my former top favourite pinky nude sheer, Essie Mademoiselle.

Some reviewers mentioned streaking, and it did a little with one coat but the second coat cures that and makes it look perfect.

This is a sheer pink, but it has just enough beige to keep it classic and out of Barbie territory. I am NC15 to 20 and this looks nice on my nails. I have warm tones, (red head) but I'm pale and mauves aren't that good for me but I don't like going too warm either. My tips still show, and look clean. I detest the polishes that have some warmth and are sheer for what they sometimes do --making the tips go yellowish, and look faintly dirty. This one doesn't. The tips look like a toned down French manicure or just clean shiny nails. My Nails But Better.

I've been applying it over Nail Envy, which is a clear coat that strengthens the nails and it's a perfect combo. LOVE THIS. Yes, I'll rebuy in a heartbeat.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best pinky nude polish I've ever found! My first thought was that the shade was boring looking in the bottle, but on nails, Bubble Bath really comes to life. I have very pale skin (NC15, Sisley 0) and most nude polishes look either muddy or too bubble gum pink. Bubble Bath balances the pink and nude tones perfectly and my nails look really sophisticated. The shade reminds me of the colour of a milk shake.

If you are looking for an opaque nail polish, Bubble Bath isn't a good choice. Even with three layers, I can still see the whites of my nails. However, I like the not sheer, but not opaque look as the polish makes my nails look whiter and fingers a little longer. With one layer, the polish may sometimes look a little streaky. I usually apply two layers to avoid streakiness and to get the colour to show. The wide brush of OPI also makes the application very easy.

The best part of the polish is that it's very low maintenance. It stays flawless for five days, but I can wear it even for a week.

Bubble Bath has become my trusted polish, which is very work-appropriate. I'm actually thinking of wearing it on my wedding day next fall.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It took me a very long time to find the right pink nude nail polish, and I've tried a couple, amongst them OPI's "Hopelessly in Love" and basically every nude polish Sally Hansen ever made), but none of them were the the right fit for my my nails, my hands, my skin. Some had too much of a blue undertone (Sally Hansen's "Shell We Dance?"), some were too streaky, but all of them simply didn't flatter my hands. Now I finally found the one! Like many others have stated, this is just perfect. Not too white, not too pink, not too sheer, not too opaque. For me, two coats are enough. With a good top coat (I use Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri), the result is so polished and with just a hint of shine. Exactly what I've been looking for all this time, so I'm glad my search is finally over. Will definitely repurchase over and over.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Like most have said, it really takes 3 coats to get to near opacity, and even then you can still see the whites of your nails, but it's still one of their best nude/pink colors and fits my asian warm tones well. Other pinks can look really tacky on me otherwise.

I wish this color was just a bit more opaque, which is the only reason I didn't give it five stars. This is a beautiful neutral for my pale skin tone. It's very complementary, doesn't make my hands look ruddy or yellowish. Very nice, but it does take three coats to make it completely opaque.

For the colour, YES.
The closest dupe i can find for China Glaze Hopeful (OPI is a tad more pink).
It has a nicer formula compared to the CG one, less streaky, but still streaky.
Colour needs around 5 coats before i can achieve the opacity that the CG one gave me in 3 coats.
But absolutely ideal for french manis.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Goodness! Does this colour need another review? Probably not, but here we go:

The only reason I purchased this colour is because of the raving reviews: The colour sure looks boring in the bottle. In fact, it looks exactly like Essie Mademoiselle in the bottle. (I guess I have the "new" Bubble Bath formula?). I think Bubble bath is also a lot warmer and sheer than Essie`s Ballet Slippers and DEFINITELY NOT as streaky as Ballet Slippers (what a pain that colour is!). In fact, I can't say they are anything alike. Ballet Slippers is totally white compared to Bubble Bath

On my olive skin this stuff makes my nails look like they are glowing from the inside out and makes my hands look tanned! I usually prefer my pale colours to be one or two coats to keeps them sheer because I have quite wide nails but this nail polish just gets more and more beautiful with every coat and growing opacity. I have never experienced such a thing! EDIT: on second inspection, three coats is just a little to bubble-gum-pink and "fake" for me. Two coats is perfect if you don't mind visible nail line which I like, looks much more clean and natural than three. (EDIT I decided to try to fix the pink problem by adding another ugly colour into it. I added 1/4 bottle of zoya vivienne nail polish (a strange yellow-y cream colour) into the bottle of BB: Much better now.)

This polish has a strange tendency to change colours - from nude beige to pale bubble gum. Under certain light there`s even a hint of peach.

This polish is very girly yet not flashy.

I will be buying OPI Mimosas for Mr and Mrs to see if it has the same effect with a little less bubble gum tone and a little more peach/salmon.
UPDATE: So I bought Mimosas for Mr and Mrs AND You Callin' Me A Lyre:

2 of coats of MfMM is paler/whiter, less Bubble-gum-y, and more opaque and streakier than 3 coats BB but I prefer MfMM for my olive skin. Dare I say "It's a better version of Ballet Slippers!" It's warmer, less white and less streaky than Ballet Slippers.
YCMAL is a little more sheer than BB and much less pink. It is not as sheer as Essie's Mademoiselle. It has a nice peach tone to it when it's in the bottle. No bubble-gum-pink!!! YAY! It pools a bit more than BB and 2 coats of YCMAL is quite similar to 3 coats of Mademoiselle but maybe a bit more beige-y than Mademoiselle.

I really love them all and they will all be used for different times of the year as my tan comes and goes.

Ok, I'm done now ;)

OPI works really well with my nails - this doesn't chip on me and a manicure can last for up to a week (by that time, I'm ready for a new color!). I have great success by pairing this with Gelous base coat, two (or three depending) on bubble bath polish, and my FAVORITE top coat Sally Hanson Instadry in the red bottle. lasts for ages. love this color....so subtle and clean looking. pairs really nice with a tan or pale skin! gorgeous! only reason 4 Lippys is that I found I needed to use 3 coats to achieve desired look (not a huge deal).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my go to nail polish. At my job, bright colors on the nails are not allowed. With Bubble Bath on my nails I get many questions if I'm wearing acrylics, which I don't! This is the perfect nude pinkish polish that will make your nails so healthy and it will cover any 'blemishes' on your nails.

I never really spent much time or effort on my nails until I got engaged and suddenly everyone wanted to see my ring...which meant showing everybody my hands, including my unpolished nails and scraggly cuticles. Having not worn nail polish since my love affair with Chanel's Starry Night in high school, I was nervous about bright colors and just wanted something that looked like my natural nails, only *better.* Enter Bubble Bath. I saw it in a bridal magazine and thought it was just the ticket, so I ran out to the nearest store and bought a bottle. Score! This is the best polish ever for when you just want an understated, classy look without a ton of effort (the color hides chips very well). I love OPI's wide brush, which makes it possible to cover my nails in 2 strokes, eliminating that pesky streakiness you sometimes get with paler polishes. The formula settles pretty well once on the nail, and my manicures have no trouble lasting a week although I don't really know how long this polish is capable of going because I usually get bored and change my polish after 4-5 days. Although I have since branched out to brighter and bolder colors (gasp!), I still have an affinity for Bubble Bath and I find myself reaching for it often. Pretty soon I will need yet another bottle.

Top Rated OPI Products