November 22, 2014 | 1814 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Pure & Natural - Olive & Lemon Lip Balm

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by twistpain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the sent and taste of lemon , so i was thilled when i found this at my local walgreens .
, i don"t wear lipstick or gloss , this leaves a bit of a shine that does not bother me. It doesn"t last through eating , but will last through a bottle of water . I bought it twice already , going to buy another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca1234

I am pretty obsessed with these Nivea lip balms and have them in every flavor/type. This one, however, has a really gross soap-like taste and for some reason, does not last as long as the others. I returned it to Rite Aid.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

My BF and I like it ALOT even though i must admit , i have been staying in humid conditions - so havnt tried it in more harsh conditions - love the scent - bought it x 4 times now !

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Rosecoloured

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this one after loving the milk and honey one and the original one so much. So I was surprised when this one was so terrible. It doesn't moisturize my lips as well as the others and actually leaves my lips dryer so skin starts to peel off... we all know how gross that is. Especially when wearing lip stick! Also, the smell is disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by CharlotteMargrete

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like this product at all. It doesn't moisturize my lips very well and the smell and taste is disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by amyelliott

I got this free from Nivea in a promotion in the full size when it first came out. I really like it. It seems to really moisturize. I do like the consistency. It doesn't melt the way the Fresh lip balms do...I've been putting it on before bed, but I have to say that I'm totally disappointed that there is no SPF in this. Shame on Nivea. So this is relegated to be worn inside only.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by twistevil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

There is lemon juice in this and its very over powering.
But it did moisturize my lips. Its been returned

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by lipbalmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I used to buy loads and loads of lipbalms until I found this. This is all natural and it smells AMAZING. seriously. And it is very hydrating. I love this product and I would recommend it to everyone. Also, it is very cheap and the packaging is really nice. if you twist it once the whole thing comes up like all nivea lip products that are in stick format. Anyways, I really recommend this product, it is absolutely the BEST.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by vatel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really nice lipstick, my lips seems to be fuller & look healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by naedyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product claims to:
- Provide long-lasting protection for dry lips
- Be 100% free of preservatives
- Be made with natural ingredients: organic shea butter, natural jojoba and olive oil, lemon extract
- Have skin compatibility dermatologically approved

I purchased this balm, weighing 4.8g, at the supermarket for SGD$6. It cost a few dollars more than other Nivea lip balms as it was one of the newer Pure & Natural line of balms. I bought it as the other flavour (Calendula & Camomile) had bad reviews due to the fragrance.

This lip balm is a sheer, light green solid in stick form. It glides easily on the lips in my hot climate, I cannot say it will perform the same in a cold climate. It applies with a sheen which dries down to a more dulled finish over an hour, so men should be able to wear this balm as well. It softened my painful and dry lips (I left it without balm for 2 days) along with the flakes that may be sticking out of them. It has a light olive oil and lemon scent which is not cloying and you may have to take a good long breath to experience it. I have no known allergies, and did not have any reactions to this balm.

As for lasting power, this will last through one or two morning coffees before needing re-application. Without any of that and a little talking, it will last for roughly 3 - 4 hours. I always wipe my mouth after eating, so I'm not sure how it'll last after a meal.

The stick balm is in a twist-up applicator tube, with a long cap which snaps shut when put back on. The long cap is matte, and of a translucent green colour. It looks sleek and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The lip balm is not too heavy and will fit well in purses and pockets.

The selling point of this balm are the moisture, natural ingredients, the absence of cheap and typical ingredients like petroleum jelly and mineral oil. I do feel the moisture and feel it provides more of it than the other balms they sell. Keep in mind that the olive oil and lemon are on the last few lines of the ingredients list, so you will not be getting a lot of that on your lips.

Here is a full list of the ingredients and their uses:
1) Octyldodecanol (emollient)
2) Cera microcristallina (emollient, made from refined petrolatum)
3) Hydrogenated polydecene (emollient, moisturiser)
4) Cetyl palmitate (vegetable lipid)
5) Ricinus Communis (Castor) oil
6) Polyisobutene (gum additive, elastomer)
7) Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate (lipid, skin conditioning agent)
8) Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate (emollient)
10) Myristyl Myristate (skin conditioning agent, emulsifier and opacifier)
11) C20-40 Alkyl Stearate (skin conditioning agent)
12) Cetearyl alcohol (emulsion stabilizer, opacifying agent)
13) BIS Diglyceryl polyacyladipate 2 (lanolin substitute, high water-binding properties, provides glossy finish)
14) Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter
15) Carnauba wax (found on palm leaves)
16) Glycerin (hygroscopic, attracts water molecules)
17) Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) oil
18) Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E)
19) Cera Alba (beeswax)
20) Olea europaea (olive) oil
21) Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) juice
22) Vitis Vinifera seed (Grape seed) oil
23) Aqua
24) Maltodextrin (sweetener)
25) Neohesperidin dihydrochalcone (citrus-derived sweetener)
26) Butylated hydroxytoluene (antioxidant)
27) Parfum
28) CI 77492 (iron-based inorganic yellow colorant)
29) CI 77499 (iron-based inorganic black colorant)
30) CI 42090 (synthetic brilliant blue dye, may cause allergic reaction in individuals with pre-existing moderate asthma)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No