There isn't much I can say about this perfume except that it smells like it's namesake oil. Unfortunately this perfume doesn't have a great lasting power so for this I think it should be cheaper. If you like the scent, this is a nice alternative to using the oil. You can also sometimes find gift sets with the oil and perfume together for a cheaper price.
This is the perfect suntan oil scent a la copper tone. but more complex. It smells close to the oil version but is, again, more complex.
This scent is very powerful and lasts a very very long time. I am wearing this in the Fall season and loving it for it's warmth.
The review prior to mine does an excellent job in explaining the notes, etc and so I will not repeat...but I do think this is a wonderful addition to any collection and I'm not aware of any other scents like it.
* Product - Nuxe Prodigieux Le Parfum
* Review - Rarely does a beauty brand create a fragrance based on the fragrance of their skin care or body product but Nuxe has done it! Nuxe has created a perfume based on their best-selling multipurpose dry oil, Huile Prodigieuse. This new scent was developed by famed perfumer Serge Majoullier, who also developed the scent for the multipurpose dry oil and is the nose behind Verdon (L’Occitane), Armani Prive La Femme Bleue (Giorgio Armani), Womanity Eau pour Elles (Thierry Mugler), among others. Given the cult status of the multipurpose dry oil, the Prodigieux perfume has been flying off French shelves since its debut just last month in May 2012. I absolutely adore the Huile Prodigieuse so needless to say, I was very eager to try out the perfume. I am here now pleased to report that this fragrance does not disappoint. This perfume really does capture the scent of the Huile Prodigieuse faithfully, as it imparts the moods associated with summer: glorious sun, swaying palm trees, soft white sandy beaches, calm blue sea on the horizon and of course, sexy romance. Even the Nuxe Prodigieux le parfum French TV spot featuring the song, “Qu’est-ce que ça peut faire?” by Benjamin Biolay in the background perfectly captures the essence of this sexy summery fragrance. Brilliant!
* Packaging - It's packaged in a nice, amber gold box that's the same design as the bottle itself. The slim glass square bottle measures approximately 6 in. / 15 cm. in height (including sturdy gold cap). The glass bottle feels good to handle, not flimsy nor cheap The glass is amber gold and it's elegantly simple, similar to the bottle design of the Prodigieuse oil. And the spray imparts a fine, even mist each and every time.
* Fragrance Notes - The perfume is a sunny fragrance with top notes of citrusy bergamot, mandarin and floral and sparkly orange blossom. At the heart, the velvety floral bouquet of rose, gardenia and magnolia flourishes as the middle notes. Base notes are vanilla and coconut milk.
* Note - Although the official name of this is “Prodigieux le parfum”, this is actually characterized as “eau de parfum”. It doesn't wear as as long as a true “parfum” would be expected to wear on the skin.
* Tips - To achieve a longer lasting fragrance effect, I like to layer on the Prodigieux fragrance. I first apply the Huile Prodigieuse, wait a minute or two to allow the skin to absorb it fully and then I spritz on the Prodigiuex perfume. Doing this ensures that the fragrance lasts a bit longer.
* Ingredients - Alcohol denat, parfum / fragrance, aqua / water, benzyl salicylate, linadool, limonene, citronellol, geraniol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, citral [N2205/A].
* Price - € 45 (50 ml. / 1.6 fl. oz. bottle). As of the date of this writing, this is currently available only in French pharmacies and parapharmacies or online via the Nuxe France official website. Available in-stores internationally beginning January 2013 (or so I was told by the pharmacienne in Paris).
* Verdict - I’m so glad to have this divine scent to enjoy this summer 2012 and I think that fans and devotees of Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse will be very pleased with the Prodigieux perfume. A very lovely, summery addition to my fragrance collection. Recommended!