December 20, 2014 | 1347 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy - Pomegranate

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by spf08

Not so great lip balm from The Body Shop. For me, the smell is way too strong. And, it doesn't moisturizes my lip at all, they even left my lip chapped and dry. Cute packaging, though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my very first 'Born Lippy' and I got it in a set of 3 for $12. Such a great deal for a great lip balm. Seriously, one of the best lightly-scented, lightly flavored, lightly tinted lip balms on the market, and the packaging is adorable too!

This pomegranate is a fruity sweet tangerine/coral colored balm, and I've almost used the entire balm in only 3 weeks. I need to go stock up on the rest of these!! It leaves a lovely corally tint to my lips that is sheer enough to apply without a mirror, but adds some color to my face as well as moisturization to my lips whenever I need it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by fennyjunita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by meemicah

I love this lip balm! It's moisturizing and can be layered on as thickly as you want. It gives a nice light tint which brightens my lips. The scent is really strong but I like it, makes me wish it were flavored. The packaging is really cute and sturdy. I gave it 5 lippies because it really does leave lips more moisturized even after all the product is gone from your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lip balm does quite a decent job at moisturizing your lips. It's not the best I've tried, but at least it's more affordable. I used this when I visited a country during winter. My friends suffered from cracked lips, but I didn't get any, thanks to this!! It has a slight orange tint (which is barely noticeable), so if you want a tinted lip balm maybe this is not for you. I also like how this is a stick and not inside a pot as it is more hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I saw these at the stores, the cute packaging caught my attention. They only had a few shades and the only interesting one to me was pomegranate. I swatched it on my hand and I had to buy it!
The lip balm goes very smoothly on the lips and I'd say it's good at making my lips hydrated. The thing I like the most is the colour. Later I swatched other colours at the store, but this one is my favourite because it's the most noticeable.
It's a very lovely orangey shade, my lips are on the more pigmented side so the colour is quite vibrant. However, the colour intensity is definitely buildable.
If you want a tinted lip balm, I recommend you to check this one out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Born Lippy lip balm/treatments from TBS. They are super soft and smooth and lovely scents. This one is no exception. For a lip balm the staying power is pretty good. I like the packaging it's cute and functional. Lovely product overall!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a freebie in a "buy 2 get 1 free" offer at TBS, and I'm very pleasantly surprised!
I had a satsuma "born lippy" pot gloss before and it was.. not very good. The smell was amazing, but it was sticky, goopy, didn't moisturize, the packaging was gross, and it was overpriced.. So when I saw the new 'chapstick' packaging by the register, I thought I would try this out.

Pros:
-smells exactly like "sunkist" fruit snacks from when I was a kid!! I love this but some people might hate it
-generally doesn't have a taste
-applies super smoothly (slick almost)
, isn't greasy, has reasonable (4-5 hours with no eating) staying power
-barely barely noticeable tint (this one is a bit orangey red, but definitely transparent)
-the solid packaging eliminates any goop factor
-the packaging in general is cute, really functional, and doesn't come apart in your bag

Cons:
-no shimmer, but this isn't the worst thing, shimmers can run gritty sometimes!

Summary:
I was pleasantly surprised by this reformulation and I will DEFINITELY repurchase! Really really liked this!