August 1, 2014 | 1932 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Espresso

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Love, love, love! Highly pigmented, doesn't budge, easy to apply and remove, and inexpensive. Love that the little brush comes included with this. After trying the black, I knew I needed to rush out and get this dark brown. So glad I did!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by miapiaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. prefer maybelline's gel eyeliner. This one didn't have very good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by skittlebunny

This is my HG gel eyeliner. I got this in Espresso, a nice rich espresso color (hence the name), as an alternative to black liners, which look rather harsh on me. Application is nice and smooth, and if I prime my lids and set with shadow, it stays on all day and looks natural. I highly recommend this to anyone in the market for a relatively inexpensive dark brown gel liner that stays on all day and still defines your eyes while not being as harsh as a black liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

Really enjoy this liner, really really rich dark colour which i enjoy. I got this for only 4$ instead of 14$ heere in canada at a l'oreal warehouse sale(everything less than 7$ as opposed to foundations at 19$ which is great)really easy smooth formula but i use the ecotools angled brush to apply just because the brush that comes with this is a little thick. Only thing i dont like anout this is that it takes a little longer than most gell liners to set. My nyx one is a little drier so it set immediately but this one is more of a creamier formula that you can easily work with, great for beginners

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by modeen21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I adore this liner and the brush is perfect. I had been on liquid liner for years and decided to make the transition to gel. I have very light skin and eyes though, so black liner is always too stark for me, so when I found a brown gel drugstore liner I was beyond pleased. Especially when it proved to be so superbly easy to apply, long lasting and unable to budge.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by GlitteryGold

This was my first liner ever, and I'm so glad I chose this one! My friend actually got me this as a Christmas gift but I chose this eyeliner for her to buy for me haha. The brush is easy to use and as a complete beginner, making cat eyes were almost too easy with this eyeliner. Love the brush, it feels really nice and smooth after you wash it and it picks up the ink well. The ink doesn't smudge, and would only come off if I put eye makeup remover (which I had to purchase because I realized that this eyeliner stays on really well). Love the vibrant colour, and although I can only really produce thick lines with it, I still really like it because I want my eyeliner to be thick!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kimmykouture

The eyeliner is great but... First of let me tell you why it is great, it's very smooth. It glides easily onto your eyelids. It's color payoff is awesome. I like the fact that you can use the brush that comes with it or your own. But what I did not like is that it creases. But that's my only issue with this eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by carcar44324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always been a eyeliner pencil kind of girl until I saw how many youtube guru's used this eyeliner and how amazing it looked on them. Previously I've used Wed N' Wild, Avon, Maybelline, and Mac only to have them dry out or trasfer. Since I usually only wear liquid/gel eyeliner for big nights out every once in a while, I often return to the pot with a dried formula. Not with L'Oreal!! I am happy to say that this formula BY FAR surpasses all of the formulas (and colors) I've tried in the past. Espresso is buttery smooth (even after several months!) and glides on effortlessly with the included brush. Not only is it easy application but the highly pigmented formula stays put all day long, no budging or smudging.

The packaging of the formula looks very classy and high end and the included brush works very well for the application. The color is absolutely gorgeous as well. I usually hate brown because it's not striking enough and kind of looks...eh, however Espresso is the perfect combination of richness and darkness for a dramatic eye look.

I consider this a staple to my collection, good job L'Oreal!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really dig this liner. Perfect consistency, lasts all day, so easy to apply. The brush is ok, I actually bought Maybelline gel at the same time and I like that brush better, but this is serviceable. My only beef is why no purple? EVERYBODY has purple and since that's what I wear every day, I just don't buy this. Please, please, L'oreal, I need purpur!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Thanks to the reviews here, I decided to finally purchase my first gel eyeliner. I have been debating whether to take the plunge and try this product. I have done a lot of reading, watched countless youtube videos by people that I trust and did my research to find the right product.

One thing I did not want to do is spend a lot of money on a high end product. I didn't know if I would like gel eyeliner, so I wanted a budget friendly product to try out. The great reviews for the L'Oreal gel eyeliner convinced me to buy it for $8.49 at Target. But I am very picky about the shade of brown that I prefer. The shade espresso was perfect. It's a very rich creamy dark brown shade. With this product, a little goes a long way. The brush that comes with it is okay, but I ultimately decided to buy the Sigma E05 eyeliner brush and it has worked beautifully.

It was a fun experience using gel eyeliner for the first time. I thought that I would make a mess of it , but it goes on very easily to make a nice even line. The best news is that it stays put! That is what impressed me the most. I have always used pencil eyeliners with eye shadow over them to improve staying power. But with gel eyeliners, I don't have to do that. I use this on my upper eyelid to get a precise natural line.

Since this is the first gel eyeliner product I have ever used, I have no point of comparison. Suffice to say, that I am very pleased with the results. I am even considering buying this in black.

I believe that you are never too old to try new products. I can get a precise line that doesn't fade or budge all day. The application is easy and effortless. I am really pleased that I was able to get a quality drugstore product for a great price. I don't know if I will try one of the high end gel eyeliners. I have read so much about MAC Fluidline, Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner and all the others. But for now I am satisfied with the L'Oreal product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No