April 19, 2014 | 859 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Espresso

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kimmykouture

The eyeliner is great but... First of let me tell you why it is great, it's very smooth. It glides easily onto your eyelids. It's color payoff is awesome. I like the fact that you can use the brush that comes with it or your own. But what I did not like is that it creases. But that's my only issue with this eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by carcar44324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always been a eyeliner pencil kind of girl until I saw how many youtube guru's used this eyeliner and how amazing it looked on them. Previously I've used Wed N' Wild, Avon, Maybelline, and Mac only to have them dry out or trasfer. Since I usually only wear liquid/gel eyeliner for big nights out every once in a while, I often return to the pot with a dried formula. Not with L'Oreal!! I am happy to say that this formula BY FAR surpasses all of the formulas (and colors) I've tried in the past. Espresso is buttery smooth (even after several months!) and glides on effortlessly with the included brush. Not only is it easy application but the highly pigmented formula stays put all day long, no budging or smudging.

The packaging of the formula looks very classy and high end and the included brush works very well for the application. The color is absolutely gorgeous as well. I usually hate brown because it's not striking enough and kind of looks...eh, however Espresso is the perfect combination of richness and darkness for a dramatic eye look.

I consider this a staple to my collection, good job L'Oreal!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really dig this liner. Perfect consistency, lasts all day, so easy to apply. The brush is ok, I actually bought Maybelline gel at the same time and I like that brush better, but this is serviceable. My only beef is why no purple? EVERYBODY has purple and since that's what I wear every day, I just don't buy this. Please, please, L'oreal, I need purpur!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Thanks to the reviews here, I decided to finally purchase my first gel eyeliner. I have been debating whether to take the plunge and try this product. I have done a lot of reading, watched countless youtube videos by people that I trust and did my research to find the right product.

One thing I did not want to do is spend a lot of money on a high end product. I didn't know if I would like gel eyeliner, so I wanted a budget friendly product to try out. The great reviews for the L'Oreal gel eyeliner convinced me to buy it for $8.49 at Target. But I am very picky about the shade of brown that I prefer. The shade espresso was perfect. It's a very rich creamy dark brown shade. With this product, a little goes a long way. The brush that comes with it is okay, but I ultimately decided to buy the Sigma E05 eyeliner brush and it has worked beautifully.

It was a fun experience using gel eyeliner for the first time. I thought that I would make a mess of it , but it goes on very easily to make a nice even line. The best news is that it stays put! That is what impressed me the most. I have always used pencil eyeliners with eye shadow over them to improve staying power. But with gel eyeliners, I don't have to do that. I use this on my upper eyelid to get a precise natural line.

Since this is the first gel eyeliner product I have ever used, I have no point of comparison. Suffice to say, that I am very pleased with the results. I am even considering buying this in black.

I believe that you are never too old to try new products. I can get a precise line that doesn't fade or budge all day. The application is easy and effortless. I am really pleased that I was able to get a quality drugstore product for a great price. I don't know if I will try one of the high end gel eyeliners. I have read so much about MAC Fluidline, Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner and all the others. But for now I am satisfied with the L'Oreal product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by rcmd

My favourite eyeliner! I bought this for $13 on ebay (RRP is $24.95 where I live, so this was a good deal for me). I've been using this product regularly for 3 months now, and it still applies as smoothly as ever. The shiny coating on the lid is starting to peel off, but that doesn't bother me too much.

I'm usually a black eyeliner person, but I love the colour espresso. It's super soft and creamy, and a little bit goes a long way. The brush works well.

The only disadvantage is the brush needs to be cleaned after every use, or it becomes stiff with the dried up product. This is true with any gel liner though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by DLyanii

I love this eyeliner in expresso it makes my eyes appear natural looking, it doesn't matter if I used to much or a lighter tone. Lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i love gel liners now after trying this. good color, i chose brown because black is too dark for me, as apparently i look like i wear eyeliner even when i am bare-faced, or should i say bare-eyed lol. i swipe it flat on my upper lash line and a thin line on my lower lashes and after falling in love with this, i got the dark slate and also the bronze color

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by KellyLee1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best liner I have ever used.

I am not used to gel liners and it took me a few days (tries) to work the kinks out of using this product. I use it to tightline, applying it only at the base of the lashes. I DO have to be careful not to get it IN my lashes, or it will transfer underneath my eyes after a while. I haven't tried smudging it intentionally yet, though it works PERFECTLY for what I bought it for.

It truly does wear all day. It transfers a little tiny bit, mostly if I get it in my lashes accidentally while applying. I keep looking in the mirror to see if it's gone underneath my eyes (which every other liner to date has managed to do, mascara as well. Something about my eyes/lashes causes this. Even with expensive liners that work very well for everyone else, like Urban Decay.) It really doesn't. And if it DOES (really, it's only a little bit unless I do something stupid like forget and rub my eye) the fact that this liner is a brown tone and not gray/black means that any transfer that does happen doesn't look too bad (unless, like I said, I rub my eye or something.)

This is a huge step up for me and my makeup routine. I can skip the mascara (which, no matter what, always wound up underneath my eyes, even my favorite one did this. Frequent touch-ups were a matter of course.) and be confident that I look good, (or at least, presentable!) all day.

I also gotta say, the brush that comes with it is really nice. I haven't tried it for above the lashline or winged eyeliner, so I can't comment on how it works for that, but it works pretty well for tightlining and it is soft, not scratchy at all. It also comes with a cap, which is SHEER GENIUS on the part of L'Oreal. Why can't ALL eyeliner brushes come with caps? I definitely think they should. That alone puts this brush a few notches above my other liner brush.

I'm really wanting to pick up the Bronze shade next. It looks beautiful! It's a lighter metallic brown. The espresso (which I have) is darker, it wouldn't pass for black in a swatch but on your eyes, especially from a distance, you wouldn't know it wasn't black (except that I find black liners to be WAY TOO HARSH on my skintone.) This is just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by ile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you struggle with eyeliner brushes like I do you need to try this product and the brush it comes with. It's amazing! I've never been able to do winged eyeliner before, but this brush makes it super easy. The liner itself is great too, it glides like a dream and the color is dark and intense. Oh and it has great staying power. I've used Revlon Colorstay eyeliners for years and this gel eyeliner has become my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Well I'll be darned.. I have been using high end brand eyeliners for the past 10 years because I could never find a drugstore eyeliner that stay put. I have to say that I am so impressed by this gel eyeliner! Eyeliners always smudge at the bottom for me- even with my $17 Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner, yet this $8.00 eyeliner from L'Oreal doesnt smudge at the bottom. I could hardly believe it. I am going to buy 5+ pots of this because I don't ever want them to discontinue it! I was about to spend $23+ on the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner just like this, but now I will not be purchasing the BB. I also LOVE the color. I don't like black eyeliners because I feel like they look too harsh even on my olive skin and dark brown eyes. The espresso is a darkest brown, but not harsh, it's beautiful. Defines the eyes so well. Try it!!