L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Espresso

4.3

on 2/14/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I found it impossible to get anything but a harsh line out of this stuff. And once it's on, it's like trying to smudge cement. Even after heavy duty removal techniques, this stuff was still a bit visible the next morning. Maybe that's the only way to use it? The brush was so-so, but may be good to apply concealer in tiny areas.

Prob. biggest waste of my makeup dollar in a long time.

on 2/14/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this gel liner just as much as my beloved Mac Blacktrack, maybe even more. I love the Espresso color it is just dark enough, without being too stark and dramatic, like black liners, perfect for daytime AND evening! This never creases, fades, or smudges on me. I wouldn't call the finish "lacquer," but it definitely isn't matte either, just perfectly in-between, without looking shiny or reflective. This is such a great alternative to Mac if you find black liner to be too much and if Mac Dipdown is a little too light for you, and it's half the price! Great buy!

on 10/18/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Went on great but after just a few hours, it had faded significantly and also kind of cracked/wore off. Definitely have better in my Stila Stay All Day pen. It does cost more but it stays put and looks the same much longer than this.

on 8/22/2014 1:16:00 AM

Sadly not a fan - after half a day, its oily and smearing everywhere. I practically have to check every now and again as I've had moments where its smudged so much that it's look like I've made a bad job at applying black eyeshadow.

Gave it a few chances and deciding its going to the bin. Sticking to my Smashbox.

on 8/9/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this gel liner because it's deep brown and not completely black. It is very smooth and easy to apply, BUT...it smudges after about an hour or if you sweat or its hot out. I have found this liner under my eyes after being outside for a little while in the heat.

I would buy this again but I will not use this in the summer months.

on 8/9/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Pros:
- price, availability
- rich, deep, cool-toned, almost-black espresso color is perfect (note: the word "Lacquer" in the name implies that the end result will be glossy but it isn't.)
- the included brush is great

Cons:
- this dries out after a few months of use and becomes very clumpy and skips on application
- the dry texture makes it hard/impossible to get a neat, perfect line
- it smudges after a few hours of wear, even when I use a lid primer, whether on the lashline (ends up all ocer my upper eyelids) or waterline (major raccoon eyes)

This product is OK but nothing to get excited about - if I could give it 2.5 lippies I would -- and I will not re-purchase.

on 7/21/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love, love, love! Highly pigmented, doesn't budge, easy to apply and remove, and inexpensive. Love that the little brush comes included with this. After trying the black, I knew I needed to rush out and get this dark brown. So glad I did!

on 6/18/2014 4:13:00 PM

Meh. prefer maybelline's gel eyeliner. This one didn't have very good staying power.

on 6/3/2014 11:47:00 PM

This is my HG gel eyeliner. I got this in Espresso, a nice rich espresso color (hence the name), as an alternative to black liners, which look rather harsh on me. Application is nice and smooth, and if I prime my lids and set with shadow, it stays on all day and looks natural. I highly recommend this to anyone in the market for a relatively inexpensive dark brown gel liner that stays on all day and still defines your eyes while not being as harsh as a black liner.

on 5/12/2014 9:18:00 PM

Really enjoy this liner, really really rich dark colour which i enjoy. I got this for only 4$ instead of 14$ heere in canada at a l'oreal warehouse sale(everything less than 7$ as opposed to foundations at 19$ which is great)really easy smooth formula but i use the ecotools angled brush to apply just because the brush that comes with this is a little thick. Only thing i dont like anout this is that it takes a little longer than most gell liners to set. My nyx one is a little drier so it set immediately but this one is more of a creamier formula that you can easily work with, great for beginners