December 22, 2014 | 1744 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Espresso

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Went on great but after just a few hours, it had faded significantly and also kind of cracked/wore off. Definitely have better in my Stila Stay All Day pen. It does cost more but it stays put and looks the same much longer than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Bibi

Sadly not a fan - after half a day, its oily and smearing everywhere. I practically have to check every now and again as I've had moments where its smudged so much that it's look like I've made a bad job at applying black eyeshadow.

Gave it a few chances and deciding its going to the bin. Sticking to my Smashbox.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I love this gel liner because it's deep brown and not completely black. It is very smooth and easy to apply, BUT...it smudges after about an hour or if you sweat or its hot out. I have found this liner under my eyes after being outside for a little while in the heat.

I would buy this again but I will not use this in the summer months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- price, availability
- rich, deep, cool-toned, almost-black espresso color is perfect (note: the word "Lacquer" in the name implies that the end result will be glossy but it isn't.)
- the included brush is great

Cons:
- this dries out after a few months of use and becomes very clumpy and skips on application
- the dry texture makes it hard/impossible to get a neat, perfect line
- it smudges after a few hours of wear, even when I use a lid primer, whether on the lashline (ends up all ocer my upper eyelids) or waterline (major raccoon eyes)

This product is OK but nothing to get excited about - if I could give it 2.5 lippies I would -- and I will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Love, love, love! Highly pigmented, doesn't budge, easy to apply and remove, and inexpensive. Love that the little brush comes included with this. After trying the black, I knew I needed to rush out and get this dark brown. So glad I did!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by miapiaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. prefer maybelline's gel eyeliner. This one didn't have very good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by skittlebunny

This is my HG gel eyeliner. I got this in Espresso, a nice rich espresso color (hence the name), as an alternative to black liners, which look rather harsh on me. Application is nice and smooth, and if I prime my lids and set with shadow, it stays on all day and looks natural. I highly recommend this to anyone in the market for a relatively inexpensive dark brown gel liner that stays on all day and still defines your eyes while not being as harsh as a black liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

Really enjoy this liner, really really rich dark colour which i enjoy. I got this for only 4$ instead of 14$ heere in canada at a l'oreal warehouse sale(everything less than 7$ as opposed to foundations at 19$ which is great)really easy smooth formula but i use the ecotools angled brush to apply just because the brush that comes with this is a little thick. Only thing i dont like anout this is that it takes a little longer than most gell liners to set. My nyx one is a little drier so it set immediately but this one is more of a creamier formula that you can easily work with, great for beginners

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by modeen21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I adore this liner and the brush is perfect. I had been on liquid liner for years and decided to make the transition to gel. I have very light skin and eyes though, so black liner is always too stark for me, so when I found a brown gel drugstore liner I was beyond pleased. Especially when it proved to be so superbly easy to apply, long lasting and unable to budge.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by GlitteryGold

This was my first liner ever, and I'm so glad I chose this one! My friend actually got me this as a Christmas gift but I chose this eyeliner for her to buy for me haha. The brush is easy to use and as a complete beginner, making cat eyes were almost too easy with this eyeliner. Love the brush, it feels really nice and smooth after you wash it and it picks up the ink well. The ink doesn't smudge, and would only come off if I put eye makeup remover (which I had to purchase because I realized that this eyeliner stays on really well). Love the vibrant colour, and although I can only really produce thick lines with it, I still really like it because I want my eyeliner to be thick!