April 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Navy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by albs

I thought that I would have trouble with this liner smudging or transferring but I have not experienced that at all. It applies like an absolute dream. I use it with my Real Techniques liner brush and I get a very thin, clean, precise line which is always what I'm aiming for. It's so creamy, and I love the colour. I hope the other shades share a similar formula because I would love to pick them up, particularly the black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am IMPRESSED. i am a devote bobbi brown gel liner user, have been for years. my friend rec'd this so i decided to try as i had just run out of my navy color from BB. its absolutely fabulous-a nice deep blue navy, applies smooth, no flaking, no budging, no raccoon eyes, DUPE for bobbi brown! i would say that BB's colors are a tad bit richer (well, for the navy color at least), but you can barely tell. the brush that comes with this is pretty awesome, very firm & comparable to my bobbi brown brush. best part? 1/3 of the price!! i will buy this in black next. good job l'oreal!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by GentleReader

Just had to add my rave about this eyeliner!

Like other posters have said, it's a beautiful true navy--it doesn't scream blue, and it's softer than black (a plus for my fair/light coloring) but just as sophisticated. The staying power on this stuff is nothing short of amazing, but it comes off easily with remover. I recently wore it to an all-day-long family function and there was not a smudge or a flake to be seen. I also love how easy it is to get a itty-bitty, barely-there line, or a dramatic 1960s style cat-eye look.

The brush: I cannot believe how lucky I am to have found the brush! I actually prefer my Sephora Pro bent eyeliner brush #23 to apply the eyeliner, but I have found the brush provided in the packaging is GREAT for applying concealer to very small imperfections AND as a lip brush. I've gotten my most precise red lip by using the brush provided in this almost-cheap-as-dirt gel liner!

Once the weather warms up and I change my makeup to warmer colors, I'm going to buy the brown shade. Run don't walk to your nearest drugstore to get this liner! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This is a beautiful true navy with good lasting power and a great brush. If you apply a light all over lid shade first it can lighten the liner and you don't want that. You buy this because you want none of that royal blue-ish, cobalt-ish, french blue-ish, gray-ish nonsense you get with other navy liners and eye shadows.

I was drawn to this though I rarely wear eye liner anymore. Its the 10th grader in me oohing and aahing over the inky blue goodness I didn't know could exist back then.

So imagine the dream liner that never existed back when wearing blue liner was a daily occurance, yet sleek enough, sophisticated enough, to wear now. Bonus that no need to go to the girls room 5 times a day to reapply.

A definite blue that reads as "classic" on the lids. Each year on my birthday I'd buy myself a little makeup treat which was always dept store product.
Most did not live up the hype. Nice to get a little treat that doesn't break the bank, and does what it says. Luxe type packaging too. Lastly, if the brush was sold alone for this price it would be a steal for spot concealing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a keeper! I've been using the Maybelline gel liner in black, which is good but this one is better. This is a true deep navy (leans dark- resembles a soft black to me, if you brush it on paper you can easily see a blue hue, but this is not blue blue). I've also used a gel liner from Sally's, it was great but dried up within a month or so in the pot-it was ob clearance, so it could have been due to age. I now know if you warm these up under a hair dryer it will soften it again for a few weeks-check out Youtube for that tip & others on gel liners.

L'Oreal Gel Liner Vs Maybelline:
Both are very creamy, pigmented, and long lasting. L'Oreals formula is as creamy, but is thicker/firmer and easier to use. L'Oreal also is less likely to smudge & it is less likely for you to get an excessive amount.
To save the moniez, search your local drug stores on line for sales. Also check online drug stores bc at the moment there are REALLY good sales happening now, but also remember s&h can add up. These are est $8ish where I live, but Walgreens is doing buy one, get one 50% off. I will be getting bronze and black very soon. I'll still show love to Maybelline and pick up the Eggplant & the blue one for the brightness of them. So search your local drug store ads online and give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

Wow. I used this when my friend offered it to me and it is a verrrry good gel eyeliner. The navy color she had was very deep, almost black from far away, but the blue tones are more apparent close up. Gorgeous. I think I preferred this to a mac fluidline I owned in macroviolet. This eyeliner is creamier and seemed to last longer than my mac one did. From what I remember, I had to work with this eyeliner pretty quickly because once it set, it would not budge without a makeup remover. I also found the provided brush to be very handy and preferred using it to my other brushes with this product. I will definitely be purchasing this in the black color despite the fact that it is on the pricier side of drugstore makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this eyeliner! It is a true navy-black which is great because I hate those bright blue eyeliners. Also, this gel eyeliner is just as good as Bobbi Brown's but at about 1/3 the price! And it comes with its own brush which is great for drawing thin or thick lines. Great staying power also. Price, quality, and color just can't be beat!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by cloudsofviolet

Amazing blue-black color! It's darker than navy. Not sure how long it will last without drying out, as I just got it. However, it does smudge on my oily lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best gel liner in the drugstore. Formula is smooth and easy to work with. Sets pretty fast but I always set my liners with a matching eyeshadow. I love using this color when I do a colorful eye look. This is a straight up navy blue color. Gel liner comes with it's own brush, which surprisingly is pretty good. Packaging is golden and chicque. Definitely would repurchase this and other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by frugalwitch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am amazed by how easy this is to use, the gel is so smooth and deeply pigmented. Barely touching the tip of the brush (included) to the gel provided enough product to tightline my upper lashes. (two touches, one for each eye, to clarify)
The brush works great for my needs, so that was a big bonus. The Navy is a true very dark Navy, not something that screams "I'm Blue!!!", thank God.
I also bought Expresso and it is equally as good, 5 stars all the way.