October 21, 2014 | 1865 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Staaarlit

Wow. Not to bring race into this, but as an Asian woman, it has been such a struggle to find that one eyeliner that would actually sit tight on your lids without smearing, smudging, or bleeding from sweat, oil, or the mere act of blinking. Lo & behold, I've finally found it.

This eyeliner sat on my lids for 12 hours (10am-10pm) without the least bit of smudging. Note: I read from Paula's Choice Beautypedia's review of this that you must give it time to set, and once it does set, it'll not budge. That's what I did. I made sure to let this product set, which took about 10 minutes, and in that time period, I checked by lightly pressing my fingertip against my lids. It's not completely set if product transfers onto your fingertips (duh). I wore it super thick, and the liner didn't budge at all. After 12 hours, the color also remained black as ever. So, my friend, the formula is near perfection, if not so. It's not just the staying power, no. The formula allows for a smooth application that works with the lightest stroke. No flaking. No smudging. No tugging needed.

Color: Matte finish

Price and packaging: Ehh, no issues. Even if the price was too high or the packaging too ugly or whatever, I think the formula itself makes up for any cons of this product. The brush that comes with this liner works great/beautifully. Not dinky whatsoever!

Removal: Definitely doesn't remove with just soap/cleanser and water. Tried it on the back of my hand and, wow, I had to use a toothbrush to scrub it off. Ouch. What I did use to remove it from my lids was simply what I normally use to remove my makeup. Pond's Cold Cream and wipes. It melted the liner like magic, with so much ease, I was quite surprised. Then I just wiped it all away with my (diy) makeup wipes. Easy breezy :)

Definitely an HG (drugstore) eyeliner and absolutely a recommended product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

The ONLY gel liner that sticks to my oily Asian mono lids. I use this to do a natural eye every day, keeping the line extremely thin on top. I also use it to tightline the eyes and it doesn't budge all day. If I use a thick line on top, it does end up smudging all over my lids. There is nothing to stop that from happening, sadly. My eyes have met with many liners and they have all smudged, but this particular liner stays on a lot longer than the others. Plus, the brush it comes with is awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Smudge & transfer city!! I so wanted to love this. The Ulta benefit brow bar lady said that this was what she wore & she didn't look like a Trainwreck like I always end up looking so I decided to try it, nothing ventured nothing gained, it could possibly potentially be something really gr8, right? My skin is so oily that I've about given up on thinking my makeup will not just run & melt all over, I ended up ordering a pot of INGLOT to see if it's any better. The Loreal eyeliner is really creamy & black, & has very classy packaging. It's better than the Maybelline gel on me, & the brush is a bit better. I wish this would have worked for me. Essence is better than this for a fraction of its price. You can get 3 pots of Essence for the price of the Loreal, even WnW gel performs better on me than this. ;/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect. Don't spend a dime on other more expensive eye liners, and just use this.

Works best with an angle brush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smudge city - not exactly infallible. The best things about it are the brush, the price, and the deep black color. The product dries out within a few months of opening, and then it becomes difficult to create a clean line with it. It smudges badly within two hours of wear, even when I use a lid primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by jxnnifxr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this eyeliner as i like alot if things from Loreal. I usually use this to tightline and as an eyeliner inside of my eye. & it smudges SO bad on me. inner and outter cornes of my eyes are all black. I dont think its really waterproof. Still on the hunt for a great waterproof gel liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by xomakeup4ever

This is my first time I had a gel liner. I usually only use pencil liners because they're easier, but I heard many people rave about it, so I decided to give it a try.

The packaging is cute and little, a small glass jar. I don't like the brush that much because it was hard to apply with, but that is probably because I'm new to it. The consistency is nice and it does stay on for a good amount of time. I would recommend this, but I'd rather try something else next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by breaktheattraction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

let me start by saying this; i only use gel eyeliners. after trying an arsenal of drugstore gel liners, including my past favorite (maybeline eyestudio), i had very high expectations for this liner. safe to say, they were matched.

i have been using this liner for about four months now and i've barely made a dent in it because i rarely have to use an excessive amount to get a true black, even line. unlike my maybeline eyestudio liner, that i had to apply over previous liner about twice (or even three times!), this liner has such amazing pigmentation that i only had to apply it once. i love the sleek, classy packaging; it's so clean and nice! as for the brush that comes with the liner, i like it and use it everyday, but an angled eyeliner brush will do the job if you're not keen on the included brush . the liner stays on all day and doesn't fade, transfer to my waterline, or flake off, which is essential since i have long school days, work about five hours, and have a hot, sweaty summer here. the price was typical for a drugstore liner; i got it for about ten or eleven bucks at target (i live in canada, by the way!).

the only problem i have with it is that, on occasion, it will crease. this usually happens when i am wearing winged eyeliner. i don't use an eye primer which could be the culprit of the creasing, but it's probably just the drastic wings seeping into the crease during the hot summer days when i sweat. once i buy a eye primer, i will update on how this product preforms or if it still creases, and will keep you posted.

overall, this is a lovely drugstore eyeliner. the pigmentation is wonderful, the packaging is sleek, the brush is decent, the price isn't bad, and the quality is exceptional for ten bucks. i will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by emilypat

best gel liner, it doesn't dry out and stays on great. I liked it better than the maybelline one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is the first gel formula eyeliner I've tried and I LOVE it! I love that the brush is included, and that it includes a hygienic cap. I love the deeply pigmented color and how wonderfully smooth this product is to apply. I love that you can easily smudge the line or make a correction after application, but this stuff has serious staying power! I have oily skin, my eyes are always watering due to allergies, and yet this does not wear off til I take it off! Even using Urban Decay eyelid primer did not keep pencil liner or powder liner from smudging and disappearing, especially in heat. And yet, I've had no problems removing this with just cleanser and water - no scrubbing or oil required.
In short, I love this liner and can't wait to try more colors. And for the price, I can afford to try them all!