January 25, 2015 | 2121 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Neutrogena - Shine Control Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 9:17:00 AM More reviews by eggbuttz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because my skin is very oily, and I have to use this among powders, and setting spray. My day begins around 8 and ends at 5, and by lunch time, my face is plenty oily. But on the bright side, it does help to keep about 40% of my makeup where its supposed to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Lgypsymermaid

Not for everyday use. In love with this but it broke me out. I only use it for concerts festivals weddings and other special events. When I do use it it is BEAUTIFUL it doesn't move and makeup last for hours and hours in the rain and through sweat. Have purchased multiple times but use laura mercier for a daily primer

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2015 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Ortmayer8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a week of using. It became very GRITTY, and scratched my face. Caused my skin to be Irritated & breakout

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2015 1:26:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried a LOT of primers, and have been disappointed by most. This one falls right in the middle of the pack. Yes, it is a white liquid, but it spreads thinly and evenly, and dries to a clear finish. I use it over a light moisturizer and it keeps my oily skin shine-free for a few hours. But that's it. It doesn't minimize pores or soften lines, it just reduces a bit of shine for a few hours. As far as drug store primers this, this is okay, and I would re-purchase as a primer to use for casual days. It's not a primer that will make you stop your search for a better one, but it IS a decent primer at a fair price point in the meantime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've wanted to try this primer for awhile. So I finally bit the bullet and bought some at Target on a whim. I think I paid $11.99 for the usual 1 once. I've tried primers before that claimed to control shine, but usually that isn't true for me. So I didn't really expect much from this primer. But I was pleasantly surprised. This primer is very lightweight. It is very easy to blend, and a little goes a long way. It also dries super fast.

To me, this primer is a perfect dupe for Pop Beauty's Face Magnet Primer. (which is my all-time favorite primer) This one performs just as well as the high end version. This is the only other primer (other than the Pop Beauty) that keeps me shine and oil free all day. I've never been one to do touch ups on my foundation. I don't have the time or the desire to do that. Even on my major grease ball of a nose, my foundation stays on. It doesn't fade away or separate.

If you love the Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer, I highly recommend you give this one a dry. Aside from how well it works, there is another major plus to this foundation. The price. The Pop Beauty Primer sells for $26. This baby is around $12. This is well worth the money, and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by enidfloress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rarely wear foundation, unless I'm going out, but I always had a problem with my foundation staying on since I have oily skin. I was excited to see that Neutrogena had a shine control primer and decided to take my chances. The first time using it I was Highly impressed on how amazing this primer works! It made my foundation glide on so smoothly and it controlled my shine perfectly. I also love the smell and how much a little of primer goes a long way! I definitely recommend this primer for anyone who has combo to oily skin. So far I've had no problems with my skin breaking out, which is a huge plus!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did not notice a bit of difference. No shine control.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- keeps my makeup lasting all day
- makes my skin smooth
- blurs my pores
- keeps me oil-free
-- I have combination oily skin
- does not leave a cast

Cons:
- I still have to blot at least once but no more than twice

I have nothing left to say. This product just works so well that I don't know what to say. I would recommend this to you unless you have very oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tremendously oily, acne prone skin. This primer had initially worked very well for me, although I really don't think ANY primer will keep me completely shine-free for 8 hours!
I don't have a clue about any "gritty" feeling to this cream?? And yes, it is a white cream that will make you look pale ONLY if you use too much product and/or don't rub it in completely. No issue with paleness, wearing this alone or under foundation/BB.
The problem is that this primer dried out my skin TERRIBLY, causing more oil production, breakouts, redness and dry patches. It made my face an absolute mess. I have since switched to Laura Mercier's oil-free primer which has been working beautifully for me..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this up because I was on holiday and had forgotten my entire make-up bag at home. Was very pleasantly surprised by this product that is very mattifying without leaving my skin dry, and glides on easily. Blurs fine lines and pores, and I usually wear alone, over day cream and sun block because it gives me just the right amount of coverage I need during the hot summer.
I usually use The Present - Philosophy, but like I said, I walked into a store and just picked up a low priced item on the way to sephora.
Still bought Smashbox and The Present, because I wasn't sure about this Neutrogena Primer, however I continued using it and will go back to my usual brands in winter.
Highly recommended.