April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Neutrogena - Shine Control Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by vidkalahya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this item did work fine for couple of times..but after a week my face started get oily again..i have to blot it in 1 hr or so...waste of my money....surprisingly my face isnt dat oily if i dont wear this primer...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I purchased this primer on a whim at Ulta. Surprisingly I am very happy with this purchase. I am super oily in the t-zone and I have noticed an improvement in oil control while wearing this under my foundation. My only complaint is that it does apply with a whitish/grey sheen to it, so if you plan to use it alone it can look weird. Since I typically wear it under makeup I don't run into this issue frequently, but it is annoying. I hate that you cannot see how much product you have left in the tube and it is a bit pricey for a drugstore product. That said, it works better for me than Smashbox and MAC primers. I have extremely breakout prone, combo oily skin and this does a good job of setting my makeup and making it last through 10-12 hour work/school days without breaking me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by emilyxkhiev

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer helps my foundation glides on perfectly and I seriously cannot go a day without it, it smells pretty good, makes my makeup last for about half the day, and leaves my skin feeling soft. On the other hand I still get oily through out the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jdalina003

So I have been hesitant about buying this after reading several mixed reviews, but I gave in and bought it, and thus far I am very happy with it.

I bought it about 4 days ago, and have used it each day and am very impressed. I have never used a primer before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I currently am an avid Aveeno and Neutrogena lover. I use Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer and then put this on top, then finished it off with Cover Girl Shine Control pressed powder that I applied with a foundation brush.

I generally don't carry makeup with me, I put it on in the morning. Prior to using this primer, come lunch time my face would be oily and I would have to blot the oil away which would also make my foundation come off. But after using this primer, come mid-day, no blotting necessary, barely any oil on my face, still looking matte :) I am considering buying the pressed powder as well.

Will definitely purchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I really have enjoyed this primer it really does make me stay matte throughout the day and makes my makeup look more flawless when applied especially my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Tuney07

This is the first primer I've ever tried and have been using for about 2 months now. I'm a Neutrogena lover and figured this wouldn't disappoint. It's a bit pricey I think I paid $11.99 for it at target. What intrigued me is the rice absorption technology it claims to have and help control shine. So far I've been enjoying it but it doesn't keep me shine free all day. I think about 5 hrs at the most. I do believe the weather, and my skin type play a part in that so if you're not as oily I think it would benefit you more. The tube is practical and easy to use just keep in mind that very little goes a long way! I only use it on my t zone since I'm afraid of piling on the make up products if you know what I mean. It also has a florally scent but I'm not the type who is sensitive to smells so it doesn't bother me. If you go to Ulta and wish to try it, use one of their coupons and buy it for less!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by tatikarina

im 16 years old and I've been looking for a primer that controls my oily skin. I use blotting sheets as well and I don't use foundation so I can't comment on the lasting power of this primer. I mainly bought it because of the oil control that it's supposed to have and I am impressed. it's a little pricey but it instantly mattefies my face. it doesn't last ALLLL day, and I do find that I need to blot my face through out the day, however compared to when I don't use this primer, my skin is disgusting! i will deff repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not your average "primer" - I would say this is more of a "base." If you're looking for something that smooths your skin and evens out lines and fills in holes... I don't know, this doesn't CREATE problems in that area, so if you're young and you just want something to put under make up, I'd recommend it. (Young oily girls, BUY THIS.)

This product though, since I have oily skin, is AMAZING. No matter what I tried my face used to look like an oily puddle after a few hours and when I started wearing this under my make-up, I saw a big difference. I was thrilled.

I don't think this primer is for everyone since it functions more of as a good, healthy base. I have switched it out for a more complex routine as I have grown in make up experience and technique. But for girls new to make up, I would highly recommend it, especially if you aren't wearing primer already. You will be so glad. (I gave one to my sister because I wanted her to have it so much!)

TL,DR; Great product, amazing fresh smell, if you're considering, DO BUY!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works great helps my makeup to last all day and give me a matte feel under my foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer is a pretty good. It elongates the duration of my make up, and also helps control the oily sheen on my face during the summer. It also gives my faces a smooth finish and makes application of my make up easier.

Occasionally, I can see some oil peeking through, but it's not a big deal. I just dab it away, and I don't have problems afterwards.

Although I have acne-prone skin, this product has not broken me out.