November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - I Love Rock Gloss Eye Pencil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by thisisntleya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite eyeliner before I discovered gel eyeliner. It's so easy to apply and it just gives me the perfect lines for my eyelids. It does smudge a teensy bit when I open my eyes a little too wide though, but it's honestly a really small amount. Pretty horrible if you're using it for your waterline though....

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by MeowHL

Smudges like hell

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by nicholeabigail

I swear I'm gonna cry that they discontinued this. This was ultra creamy and SO BLACK! So easy to apply. My favourite holy grail eyeliner. There's only 2 con. It smudges and runs like crazy and it kinda hurts in the waterline if you don't set it with an eyeshadow. But it's still amazing and super duper black.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: irritates my eyes. noticed they always go red when i use this.
Extremely black smooth and perfect under a bit of black eyeshadow pushed in with an eyeliner brush, which i do most days. Similar to MAC smolder but better. Much better. i love Smolder for waterline, smudged-out smokey liner, or under dark eyeshadow. This Essence gem accomplishes all of that, but does it better--and at a lower price! If you want precise, fine lines, try Physician's formula eye booster pen. This is the blackest black PENCIL eyeliner for smokey looks... I wish a product wasn't rated badly if it's not made for certain things - ppl do the same with MAC kohls, expecting the result that you should get with MAC's Powerpoints..

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ravingroux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very disappointed with this product. I LOVE Essence products, & have loved every product I've tried.... Until this one. The name suggests that it would be smudgey, so I assumed that. But this is such a soft liner that it will literally smear more than an inch from your waterline. If you're looking for a super-grungey look, with smears a-plenty, this would be fine. But if you're looking for clean definition, it's a no-go. I was super bummed because application is a breeze.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

this eyeliner comes off a pretty dark black color...u definitely see some sheen/glossiness...it's creamy but not super creamy...looks great on my eyes for a good two hrs then SMUDGE city....i highly do not recommend using this on ur waterline...when i just used this product on the top lashline area, it still smudged and the color faded...still cant beat milani's liquifeye. I only rec this to use as a liner for quick errands coz its so darn cheap

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

it feels so itchy for me to use a kohl eyeliner in my waterline, but this one goes on so effortless and black just in a few strikes. BUT there is fall out so you need to go over it with a black eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! Love, love, LOVE, can't get enough. I have a STOCKPILE of these dirt-cheapies, because I buy at least one every time I'm at ulta. Best black eyeliner I've ever used, at any price. It just glides on there, and the colour is rich and opaque and absolute pitch black, with a glossy finish--though you can easily matte it down by pressing a black cake liner or eyeshadow over it with a small brush or cotton bud. Often Iíll use it as a base for my smokey looks, buffing it out with a flat brush before using anything from an icy pastel blue to a deep matte aubergine over it. Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The BEST waterline black eyeliner!! I saw this on Youtube and got it the next day. Very cheap, lasts hours and doesn't irritate eyes. Doesn't smear or run and easy to get off (I love Neutrogena wipes). Only problem is not many stores carry this (Ulta does though). Creamy and easy to sharpen.