July 30, 2014 | 1788 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by missram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is perfect for my skincare needs and makeup style! I've been using it for over a year and don't plan on switching products. My skin is very dry and sensitive, but not prone to breakouts. My daily makeup routine is this bb cream in 'light', filling in my brows, and mascara, and sometimes I add other products if I'm feeling fancy.
Favourite things about this product:
- dewy finish gives my skin a healthy glow, doesn't dry out my skin
- evens out skin tone and smooths everything out, yet coverage is light sheer
- doesn't have that obvious makeup look; I've had people comment how great I look "bare faced"
- price - it's pricier than I'd like, but way cheaper than the dept. store or sephora brands

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First things first, the Light shade is not light enough for me. My skin is very fair, but I actually have a bit of color from the summer weather. Still, this bb cream is noticeably too dark and gives me an orange cast. As far as the product goes, however, it's very nice. Blends in smoothly, evens out my skin tone, very sheer finish. It does give a dewy finish, but a very subtle one. I actually love the subtlety of the finish and I'm envious of those who can find a color match. This product saves you the time of worrying about a luminizer and doesn't leave you worrying that you might look like a disco ball. It is rather expensive; I got it for about $8.50 and that was at half off. Even so, I'll have to return it because it just doesn't match my skin. Very fair ladies, beware. To all others, I highly recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by CatherineCarnage

My skin loogs good when I apply the product, nice and even skin tone. What kills it for me is the greasy texture: I found it hard to clean it off, and it left a greasy film on my skin causing it to break out. ;( Good product for someone with very dry skin, which is not my case!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

In my quest for the perfect BB cream, this is okay, but not spectacular. Coverage is very light, finish is satin/dewy, texture is thick (which I rather like). The sunscreen is minimal, but mineral-based, so it doesn't irritate my eyes. I'll finish the tube, using it for days where I don't need the full makeup deal or significant sunscreen coverage, but won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sexay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this for over 2 months now on a daily basis so I feel I can write a fair review on it. You will love this product if you:

-Have dry skin: This really feels like a heavy moisturizer with a very teeny tiny amount of coverage and a negligible amount of SPF.
-Already have nice skin and don't want the cakey look of a foundation.
-Unhappy with the grey-ish cast of BB creams and want something more skin-like.

I think if you've wanted and tried those "miracle blur" products that are at the drugstores but didn't like the silicone feel or the matte look, you would really like this! It might seem expensive at first but it has well over 2x the amount of most standard foundations/ bb creams so it's not too bad. For reference, I'm NC 25 and wear the shade LIGHT.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by milchtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This gave my sensitive skin a mild breakout, which a real BB Cream should never, ever do - in fact, it's supposed to treat blemishes instead of just hiding them, but I guess that's not usually true for North American BB creams anyway. I can't substantiate or refute their claims that this makes your tone more even over time (maybe it does), since I can't use it long enough to test that (or else I'd risk a breakout). It hides mild blemishes fairly well, though, and looks very natural.

This oxidizes darker than the application colour, and rather than illuminating, this gave a greyish cast to my tanned skin (and made it darker). I think it's too peachy for my skin tone, while I tend to go for a more golden foundation. It has a dewy finish, which works for my dry skin, but probably not for people with oily skin (unless you set it with powder).

Basically, this might work for you if:
-you don't have sensitive or acne-prone skin
-you have dry skin and/or you like a dewy finish
-you're going for a natural, no-makeup-makeup look and don't have very obvious blemishes to hide (you'll need concealer for that)
-you have more of a peachy undertone

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by abearinmychair

it has ok coverage and has a greasey and creamy texture at the same time. it has moderate coverage, meaning concealer will be needed for any size of blemish. it does not absorb very well AT ALL so i would take off the excess with a make up sponge and set with powder. i haven't worn it in a regular basis in a while and my skin tends to have strong break out periods every few months but i seem to remember having a few pimples here and there. also, i recommend a really good cleanser or to wash your face twice to get it all off. the price wasn't that great but the product is workable.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is on my list of some of the worst or at least, least-effective products I've ever used. The color was alright for my MAC F&B C10 skin. It was a little on the fair side. But spreading it on was a pain because it spreads so thickly and you have to really work it into the skin to get it to smooth out evenly.
To me it had a certain chemical smell masked with fragrance.
But the worst part about it was that after I applied it, my face was very shiny. Then, after applying foundation and powder, it seemed even shinier. I don't know if maybe this wasn't the right product for my skin, because I'm not super oily but I lean oily, or if the "illuminator" part of this BB cream is just too illuminating. It made my face makeup look terrible and by the end of the day I looked like an oil slick. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination/oily skin with large pores, and this is the only bb cream that has made my skin look, well, the best it's ever looked. Poreless, smooth, with a glow. Light coverage, good blurring. But unfortunately my skin got shiny quickly, and I didn't even try it for a full day fearing an oil slick. So I'd say it isn't for oily skin, but might be really worth a try for everyone else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sthompson0109

I really did like the colour of this BB cream, it made me look tanned naturally. The biggest problem, and the reason I will not use this product again is because I kept breaking out. The breakouts weren't small and unnoticeable, they were big, red, and painful. I figured Youth Code wouldn't affect me like other BB creams because I use the daily moisturizer, but with minimal use I had major problems.