November 23, 2014 | 1130 users online

Liquid - Tarte - Maracuja Miracle 12-Hour Foundation- Medium

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by breejazzi

I was so excited for this foundation but it turns to an orangey color and transfers so bad. It makes me self conscious everytime I use this foundation. I bought this because I usually love Tarte products.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first foundation that I had to throw away a third of the way through. I'm so glad that I had only paid $14USD for it and I should've known something was up since Sephora was selling it for so cheap. It was so orange and it continued to turn even more orange the longer I wear it. There was so much transfer that the front of my winter hat was completely stained every time I wore the foundation. It was not pretty. I tried to mix it with my revlon colorstay foundation, but the orange kept showing through and the poor staying power remained the same, so in the end, I had no choice but to get rid of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I would have never thought to try this foundation with my skintype, especially in the warmer Spring/Summer months, but now I'm kicking myself that I didn't. It is 100% HG for me. As I've gotten older, my skin has become more dehydrated and oily. I normally wear powder foundation but even that doesn't keep the oilies at bay as well as this foundation does.

It applies smoothly, blending into my skin with ease. I'm reviewing the color Beige which is a perfect match for me when I have fake tanned. I turn a little peachy with a tan, so I'm probably somewhere between an NC35 and NW35.

The coverage is full without being cakey. It covers all of my redness, healing acne marks and discolorations. The best thing about it is that my skin just looks like skin. No cake-face, no flatness. The maracuja makes my face glow too, without looking greasy. I've been powdering with the new Loreal Mineral pressed powder and my face stays looking amazing for a good 6-8 hours. I blot about 1-2x.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ChristyCheryl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I wear it everyday. The only downside is the way that it dispenses the product, sometimes it just shoots out. I hope they fix that one day..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by eelnus

A little goes and long way. It seems really thick at first, but if you use the beauty blender and blend it out, it spreads really well. The finish is light and natural and glowy/dewy, which I love. For me, it seems to last all day. I put it on at 8am and then I even go to the gym after work and it's fine.
I bet this in Light and I've been mixing it with the Light/medium Smashbox bb cream and that combo seems to work great.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Kbellabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this stuff because I love tarte, I hated it at first but figured out how to LOVE it! I have dry skin and this didnt work out well for me. I thought since it had the oil it would have a moisturizing effect but its doesn't. It actually accentuates my dry patches and it goes on cakey. I tried pitting it on with fingers and a brush but neither way gave the flawless look I saw on several youtube reviews. BUT, I have been mixing it with my lush 'cosmetic lad' face lotion and its SO much better!! Totally gives that moisturizing coverage I was hoping for AND the flawless smooth look with no visible dryness. I still do my face moisturizing routine as normal and then i use a small amount of lotion with a half pump of the foundation then I apply it with my fingers. its more thick and more coverage than just a tinted moisturizer. I get medium-full coverage. I top it off with small amount of my tarte Amazonian clay airbrush powder foundation to give me fuller coverage that lasts longer. I can get through a full workday and it holds up.

When mixed with my lotion my skin looks smooth and more natural as if I'm not wearing foundation, I also get moisture throughout the day, and I end up using less product while still getting the desired coverage. So mixed with my moisturizer I would say 5 lippies all the way. As a stand alone product i'd have to say 3 lippies because it just didn't live up to the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by DenverMade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I normally purchase more matte foundation, but as of recent have been experimenting with the more dewy looking foundations. I really like the coverage and finish of this product, and am soo sad to see this being discontinued.

I experimented with various ways of applying the product, but ultimately found a makeup sponge to give the best application. I got great coverage with a natural looking sheen, and brushed a light powdering over my tzone to seal it all up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jbaird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading reviews on so so many foundations I found this one And it has really been a godsend. I have dry skin And fine Lines. This product gives a glow, doesn't slip into lines, and still provides coverage. Plus it's not as expensive as Other products that I would describe as comparable. Love love love love

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Hautepants

This is so orange and oxidizes on my skin like crazy. I love the way it applies and sits on the skin. Gives you a dewy glow, but I'm stuck with an entire orange bottle of this stuff. Luckily I have a Dior foundation that is too light for me, so I can mix them together. Otherwise I would just be stuck looking like an ooma loompa all day. Unless you're the color of a carrot, I don't see how this could work for many people. I really wanted to love this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by girlgeniuss

I really wanted to love this product and become a loyal user but it just didn't happen. For starters, Sephora constantly fluctuates the price from $42 to $19, so if you're looking to try this, wait until it's at its cheapest. I used this foundation several times with/without primer, and thought that if I applied it with Tarte's Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush I would achieve the ultimate results. I have dry skin, my sister has combination, and my mother has normal. Within seconds it started burning each of our faces. (We each had our own bottles suitable for our skin color). I gave it too many chances, on various occasions, hoping this time it would actually be great but my skin was just becoming more and more irritated. It somehow managed to make my dry skin look oily and by the end of the day it had spread out across my face. The scariest part about it is the almost never-ending list of ingredients written on the packaging.