April 16, 2014 | 989 users online

Liquid - Tarte - Maracuja Miracle 12-Hour Foundation- Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by eelnus

A little goes and long way. It seems really thick at first, but if you use the beauty blender and blend it out, it spreads really well. The finish is light and natural and glowy/dewy, which I love. For me, it seems to last all day. I put it on at 8am and then I even go to the gym after work and it's fine.
I bet this in Light and I've been mixing it with the Light/medium Smashbox bb cream and that combo seems to work great.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Kbellabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this stuff because I love tarte, I hated it at first but figured out how to LOVE it! I have dry skin and this didnt work out well for me. I thought since it had the oil it would have a moisturizing effect but its doesn't. It actually accentuates my dry patches and it goes on cakey. I tried pitting it on with fingers and a brush but neither way gave the flawless look I saw on several youtube reviews. BUT, I have been mixing it with my lush 'cosmetic lad' face lotion and its SO much better!! Totally gives that moisturizing coverage I was hoping for AND the flawless smooth look with no visible dryness. I still do my face moisturizing routine as normal and then i use a small amount of lotion with a half pump of the foundation then I apply it with my fingers. its more thick and more coverage than just a tinted moisturizer. I get medium-full coverage. I top it off with small amount of my tarte Amazonian clay airbrush powder foundation to give me fuller coverage that lasts longer. I can get through a full workday and it holds up.

When mixed with my lotion my skin looks smooth and more natural as if I'm not wearing foundation, I also get moisture throughout the day, and I end up using less product while still getting the desired coverage. So mixed with my moisturizer I would say 5 lippies all the way. As a stand alone product i'd have to say 3 lippies because it just didn't live up to the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by DenverMade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I normally purchase more matte foundation, but as of recent have been experimenting with the more dewy looking foundations. I really like the coverage and finish of this product, and am soo sad to see this being discontinued.

I experimented with various ways of applying the product, but ultimately found a makeup sponge to give the best application. I got great coverage with a natural looking sheen, and brushed a light powdering over my tzone to seal it all up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jbaird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading reviews on so so many foundations I found this one And it has really been a godsend. I have dry skin And fine Lines. This product gives a glow, doesn't slip into lines, and still provides coverage. Plus it's not as expensive as Other products that I would describe as comparable. Love love love love

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Hautepants

This is so orange and oxidizes on my skin like crazy. I love the way it applies and sits on the skin. Gives you a dewy glow, but I'm stuck with an entire orange bottle of this stuff. Luckily I have a Dior foundation that is too light for me, so I can mix them together. Otherwise I would just be stuck looking like an ooma loompa all day. Unless you're the color of a carrot, I don't see how this could work for many people. I really wanted to love this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by girlgeniuss

I really wanted to love this product and become a loyal user but it just didn't happen. For starters, Sephora constantly fluctuates the price from $42 to $19, so if you're looking to try this, wait until it's at its cheapest. I used this foundation several times with/without primer, and thought that if I applied it with Tarte's Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush I would achieve the ultimate results. I have dry skin, my sister has combination, and my mother has normal. Within seconds it started burning each of our faces. (We each had our own bottles suitable for our skin color). I gave it too many chances, on various occasions, hoping this time it would actually be great but my skin was just becoming more and more irritated. It somehow managed to make my dry skin look oily and by the end of the day it had spread out across my face. The scariest part about it is the almost never-ending list of ingredients written on the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation for some time, trying to make it work. On my oily skin, it just doesn't. I have it in the lightest shade, which is Fair. It definitely leans yellow, (all the shades do) and it's honestly a bit too yellow for me. As long as I blended it well it wasn't too noticeable though. It does have nice coverage initially. My biggest issue with it is that my skin becomes oily in very little time, and I've tried with with several primers and setting powders. Within a few hours it's all separated on my skin, and it looks bad; very cakey and obvious. It also transfers like crazy. I've finally given up on it. I think it might work better on someone with less oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so sad this foundation didn't work for me. I bought the shade fair which is a little darker than my skintone, but it was totally workable. It blended beautifully- probably the most blendable foundation I've ever used. It has great coverage yet still remains to feel lightweight and it really does last a good while on the skin. However, it broke me out HORRIBLY. I am acne-prone and usually have mild acne, but I am not prone to clogged pores and whiteheads which is what this foundation caused around my entire face. I highly recommend this to those who aren't acne-prone, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Adore this. It's a full coverage, dewy, moisturizing foundation that actually lasts. I got Light and my skin is NC25 - NC30 and the shade is perfect. It's so hard to find a foundation that lasts that doesn't look like paste and doesn't accentuate dry skin. I love that it has SPF and has a pump to dispense it. This is just awesome!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Omg how i hate this stuff don't be fooled my the reviews on youtube all the hype :(( i am so sad i paid like $60 bucks for this crap -_- because i thought it was going to be a holy grail for dry skin that wants a dewy finish ..let me jus save you some time and money my dry skin ladies :( it will look dewy for maybe 4-5 hours and after that its done not only does it completely come off but it shows all over dry skin idk how to explain but like my skin cracked and i tried everything to make this stuff work primers,different moisturizers,no primer no moisturizer,powder,exfoliating ,no exfoliating :/ there are so many better options out there ladies and that are cheaper save money it doesn't last no 12 more like 2 :/ better off getting maybelline fit me