January 31, 2015 | 1933 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Clean Finish Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 6:43:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation on and off for a year now and it's pretty darn good actually. The one and only thing i have against it is the color selection. I've noticed that matte type foundations tend to be darker. I got shade Soft Beige, and it's about one shade or so darker than my actual skin tone. I need to go a little lighter. This could be the oxidizing some reviewers experience with it. I've experienced it but it's a strange thing because on flash photography this foundation can show up as a white cast even if it's darkening up on your skin. Sometimes this doesn't oxidize on me though and if i blend it down to my neck i find it blends well. I just keep using this because what I really like is the matte finish. I have extremely oily skin and this holds up very well on my skin. The only place where shine starts to get through on this foundation is my forehead. That's about it. For the price i find i like it quite well. It seems to either a hit or miss with most people. You'll either really like this or you won't.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2015 12:09:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm just now writing this but I tried this two separate times. Two separate years. they just don't make a color light/fair enough for me (at least in the USA) it's as simple as that :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 12:35:00 PM More reviews by clairedelalune

I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation, since I don't like their BB cream and blush. I've been using it for about three weeks and I think I'm in love.

I have combination skin and this gave me no breakout problems whatsoever. I was so impressed that this went out without a shine and gives full, thick coverage. It really does lasts all day, even through my gym workouts. I personally like the smell and the price is hard to beat too.

I use a foundation brush instead of the spatula to apply it to avoid a cakey look. However, it dries really fast, so to avoid the cake look, be sure to blend it well with your setting powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2015 9:04:00 PM More reviews by momakar

Overall, i think this foundation is a good deal for what you get. This is not a full coverage foundation but if you mostly just need tone-evening, not blemish-covering, it will do the trick. I have very dry skin, so oilyness isn't an issue for me, but this foundation stayed just fine on me all day. That said, possibly due to the matte formulation, the foundation looked cakey on me if I didn't moisturize well. This foundation oxidized a little bit on me but not in a super noticable way so just blend this foundation well into your neck. Basically, this isnt the best foundation ever but it does the job relatively well and for a low price point. Something else to note is that this jar has a little spatula that comes with it to help you spread the foundation on your face. I found this really helpful, especially since the formula dries so quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 3:09:00 AM More reviews by kianacarly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like most people seemed to do, I bought this because I was out of my regular foundation (Revlon Colorstay Whipped) and this was the cheapest option. I bought it, came home and read the reviews, and was really nervous since it seemed so hit or miss with people. I was also apprehensive to use liquid since I normally use whipped or powder.

However, I really liked it! It didn't break me out, didn't oxidize on my face, didn't make me more oily, I couldn't feel it on my face, and the color matched nicely. I guess I work with foundation quickly because I had zero problems trying to blend it in before it dried (I use Monsitat chafing gel as a primer, idk if that makes a difference). My skin is mostly clear right now and I only have light spots I'm trying to cover, so for me the coverage was fine and felt light to medium. I took off one star because it didn't make me totally matte, but I only have to touch up with powder once a day which is normal for me. I also prefer the texture of a bouncy whipped foundation to a liquid, but I'm sure I'll adjust. Honestly there's no big reason for me not to repurchase this foundation and it's great knowing that a cheap alternative exists, especially because this one is less clunky and easier to travel with!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by BeccaJaneWojo

I didn't really like this. The consistency was very very thick, but when I put it on my face it got really liquidly (if that makes sense hahah). It make my chin acne more red and barely covered anything, it wasn't exactly matte either. I recommend this for people who are not prone to acne or currently have acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Merretta

So I got this foundation in 130 True Ivory. The tone on the bottle may seem dark, but after playing around with it, it actually goes lighter. I feel like this foundation is a bit thick, i could feel it throughout the day. It also drys out your skin. Overall for the price of 5 dollars at walmart, its not bad. Oh, and it also comes with a spatula attach to the cap, its actually really helpful when applying foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Chanel1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this foundation at all super thick the color made me look orange it oxides on my skin and made my skin oily I don't recommend at all

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lilmissmay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at shoppers drugmart lastnight for $4.99, I ran out of my Covergirl foundation a few days before and i only had $10 cash on me and I had forgotten my bank card at home so I had to get the cheapest foundation they had. Which of course, was Rimmels clean finish in matte. I was skeptical, because I thought there was no way that this would beat Covergirl's clean foundation for oily skin. At first I panicked, because they literally only had three shades. And luckily, I found my tone, classic ivory.
My skin is slightly tanned, but I can't stand looking like an orange so I stay far away from any foundation that matches my skin tone, I always get a few shades lighter and I get much better coverage that way. So I tried this as soon as I got home, and I was blown away. I assumed because it was so cheap that it would be crap but this will definitely be my new foundation for the rest of my oily skinned life. It has this weird paddle looking thing attached to the lid but it sure beats pouring the foundation directly into my hand, so I'm very thankful for the little paddle. The foundation is a little clumpy but once you spread it over your face the clumps are gone so I don't know why everyone has such a problem with it. The coverage is maybe %50 or a little more. I've found that putting the foundation on your problem areas, such as dark spots or pimples, and then letting it dry and using it as a concealer works amazing. I dye my hair bright red every couple of weeks and I had a few red spots on my forehead and this foundation completely covered them. The only thing I don't like about this product is the smell. I know foundations aren't meant to smell good but this stuff smells like beer. Strange, but i'll take smelling like beer for this stuff any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ImAllAboutDatFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been on of my favorite foundations for awhile now. The color is okay for my skin, but its not my perfect match. The coverage is medium, which is perfect for me. It's not 100% pore less,but it still looks very nice. When applied, it does dry fast so it's best to blend it right away. This lasts on my combination skin for 6 hours, does not break me out, and its super cheap. The bad thing about this foundation is that it only comes in a few shades, so my darker beauties wont be able to rock it. :( Overall, this is an amazing foundation for the price and if your are able to wear it then I say go for it.