Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

3.0

on 8/31/2015 12:47:00 AM

This product is sooo orange!! Even in the lightest shade my face was much more orange than the rest of me. So unless youre going for to ompaloopma look i dont recomend...

on 8/29/2015 5:59:00 PM

Was not a fan of this at all. Super cakey and thick and soooo hard to blend. dries instantly in the patch where u dot it or apply it and will leave an orange ring around that dot. Leaves an orange line on my neck where my skin without the foundation and with the foundation meet. Definitely not worth the money even though its really cheap. I bought mine at the drugstore for less than $5 CAD.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased this foundation in 120 Ivory to use for day to day so as to save my Urban Decay Naked Foundation for special events. I purchased for $7.99 Canadian, which was a very good price for the amount of product. I swatched it on my hand before purchasing, the liquid felt very smooth and light. Unfortunately, everything went wrong after I purchased it and tried it out. The shade turned out to be much too orange for my fair skin tone, even though it was the lightest shade available at London Drugs. I applied with a sponge as I find this provides the best coverage, but even building up the product gave me very little coverage for my acne and redness. The product was cakey and did not adhere to my skin, it moved around looked like my skin was dry even though I have no dry patches on my skin at all. I don't know if it is actually a good matifying foundation as I had to remove it right away-it was that bad. I'm going to try and return this foundation and purchase something else.

on 6/18/2015 1:31:00 PM

This foundation has to be one of the worst i have ever tried. I had the ivory shade and with my fair skin, it turned me orange. It clumped and stuck to the worst places. Blend-ability was horrible. The only good thing about was that it lasted a long time. It also had a really weird smell once it was opened, but after a few minutes it seemed to fade.

on 5/30/2015 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Literally the worst foundation I've ever tried. One of the lightest colors went on patchy, orange, cakey, and clung to every dry part of my face. As if it could get any worse it oxidized to oompa loompa status. It was an absolutely mess even after immediately applying.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I recall being really into the original formulation of this foundation so when I saw a matte version I was excited as my skin has consistently gotten oilier throughout the years. Unfortunately this foundation is just terrible. It is extremely hard to blend from the get go. The formula sets almost immediately upon application meaning you have to blend it super super fast in order to even remotely get decent blendability, however even working quickly it is almost impossible to get even coverage with this foundation.

The next issue is that it is so patchy the coverage just clumps in places and fails to deliver a nice smooth even coverage. I've tried mixing this with other products hoping to alleviate some of the dryness of the overall product as it sets but nothing seems to work to alleviate the patchiness of this product. If you do manage to get some type of even coverage the unfortunate fact of this foundation is that oxidizes easily.

The plus sides of this product are that it is extremely cheap and the packaging is nice. I've always been a big fan of the spatula applicator inside of this foundation. None of that matters though if the product inside is bad which in this case it is.

on 5/12/2015 3:14:00 PM

I love the original formula in clean finish. I bought the matte formula because my skin has started becoming more oily than combo. This is awful! I put it on just to try it, just wore it around the house. While I did stay matte (I used Rimmel stay matte over it like I do with every foundation) it got patchy and oxidized on my cheeks. I wish this one was as good as the original. It's a great price, less than $4 but it's not even worth that.

on 4/23/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried Rimmel's Clean Finish Matte foundation a couple of summers,ago. I like Rimmel's selection of pale shades. Plus, it was about $3 a bottle w/$1 off coupon! I think it's unfair to deeper-skinned or even medium/dark-skinned ladies that their shade range is so limited, though. The packaging is sleek & cute. My shade is #220 Soft Ivory. I think it erases pores really well, feels good on skin, & the spatula is handy. It dries super fast so I have to blend it quickly w/a sponge or fingers. I've never tried a Beauty Blender or brush w/it, so I can't say how well it works w/those tools. It covers my freckles & slight ruddiness well w/out feeling tacky or heavy. It blends more easily w/a primer. It seems to find my dry patches around my nose sometimes but it's not a common occurrence. That's the only dry area on my otherwise oily face. I don't notice oxidation or a lot of coverage breakdown on its own or over primer. It controls oil well better w/primer. On its own it's still a great looking foundation after about 4 hours by my oil peeks through. So it's there but no longer matte. It holds up to blotting sheets w/no transfer! So I just blot & go when I see the oil. The Rimmel Stay Matte powder is great w/this foundation. The bottle's claim of up to 12hour wear is false but I don't mind blotting. I haven't seen this item @ Target but WalMart seems to keep it in stock. I've gone through a whole bottle in 6 months & am still using my 2nd. It's best for spring through late fall for me.

on 3/13/2015 1:07:00 PM

I've used this foundation for about a year, but I've never been happy with it. As a teenager, I struggled with acne and an empty wallet, and I kept buying this foundation because it was cheap and nonetheless looked better than uncovered break-outs. (Mind you, I was relatively naïve to the world of other foundations, and thought my issues with this foundation were just annoyances I had to put up with using any foundation)

(FYI: I start with Equate's All-Day Moisturizer, then ELF's Corrective Yellow Concealer over blemishes and under eye circles, apply with fingers and then 'blend' by stippling with a Total Beauty sponge-on-a-stick tool, and then top with Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder.)

PROS:
~Cheap, cheap, cheap
~Product seems to last forever
~The spatula is very convenient (sometimes I just shook the bottle, opened it, lifted the spatula and just wiped my fingers on the 'stem' of the spatula rather than the foundation-heavy flat part - this is enough to cover the face)
~Feels light, yet has a relatively moderate-to-full coverage
~Good color selection, (for fair-to-medium shades - honestly, I never look at the deep end of the spectrum because I'm so fair, so not sure what the darker selection looks like. I use 120 which is a great match for me.)
~I have hereditary acne, but never notice that the makeup causes more breakouts.

CONS:
~IT SEPERATES AND SETTLES AND BECOMES BLOTCHY. This is the only con for me but it negates all of the pros in my opinion. It just becomes so obvious that you're wearing makeup, and it settles in every pore. Honestly, it just makes you look like you have no idea what you're doing with makeup.

Luckily, I finally switched to Wet 'n' Wild's Coverall foundation, which, although being slightly more expensive and running out much quicker, is a huge improvement in quality.

on 2/21/2015 10:21:00 AM

For me, this was crap. Patchy, color was REALLY strange, poor blend ability, just felt like an incredibly poor quality foundation to me and I only wear drugstore foundations. By the end of a day it was completely gone in parts of my face (yes I used primer and setting powder) After the 3rd try with different techniques (fingers, sponge, brush) I chucked it in disgust.