September 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Clean Finish Matte Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by trharvey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation after seeing a review on YouTube. I have fallen in love with the matte mousse foundation from Rimmel and thought I would give this a shot since I was almost out of that.

This product has a very strange consistency. It's not liquid, it's not mousse, it's more gel like. There is a spatula that you use to 'scoop' the product out. I got the shades True Ivory and Soft Beige. I went with True Ivory even though it was lighter than I like my foundation to be, but the Soft Beige was way too dark.

When I first applied it I was like "Ohhhhh, ahhhhh" this is freakin' awesome!!! That lasted a hot minute..because it was all downhill from there. It separated on my face and I could not find a shade match - True Ivory was just too light (even with bronzer) I used it with & without various primers & setting powders. But nothing I used made it work for me.

I really really really wished the finish would have lasted because I loooooved it!!! Not fully matte, but more of a natural no-shine (if that makes sense to you) finish. Returned both of my bottles & got a backup tube of the matte mousse.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by thatbarrelracer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the store, this product seemed too good to be true. Cheap price, and it promised to keep me matte.

It did keep me matte for a good while, six hours was it for me. But I work in fast food and I am around grease and stuff. The price was absolutely amazing!! The first couple of days I wore this, I absolutely loved it. It matched my skin tone and kept me from looking oily for a while. About the third day I wore it, my skin started breaking out. I had acne and started medicine that cleared me up and I haven't broken out again until I wore this!! I thought this would be good for my winter skin tone as my Urban Decay NAKED SKIN foundation was getting too dark and this would be a cheap foundation. Well, back to my expensive foundation until I can find something else. If you have acne prone skin I wouldn't use this. If you have just plain ole oily skin, try it. You might like it. For the price it's unbeatable. But for the sake of my skin, I won't be repurchasing or even finishing the bottle.

Okay, I stopped using this and my skin was still broken out. So I stopped using it and kept using the L' Oreal Youth Code face cream with SPF in it. My face was still broken out. I tried this foundation again, the foundation is definitely medium to full coverage. So if you are looking a for a light coverage, this isn't for you. I think the packaging could have been a little bit better, they could have put it in a mousse foundation container. I think the paddle/spatula the provide works well but it could have been improved. It works though for sanitary issues.

When you first out the foundation on, it looks streaky. But keep applying because it will look better when you're done I promise.

I have extremely oily skin, and this product keeps me matte for about six hours, but I sweat really bad in welding class at school. So six hours isn't too bad. If this product doesn't break me out, I will be repurchasing. Until I figure out for sure what it is breaking me out, I will not repurchase this product. Hope this helps!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Jessica24601

Bought it a little over a yr ago. Evens out my skin, hides hyper pigmentation scars & makes me look younger. I seldom wear it on its own tho, always w/ moisturizer or SPF. I usually break out but haven't from this@ all. I love it. I've sooo much left. Hopefully I can keep it another year. I usually don't do drug store foundation, but this one's fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is probably my second favorite foundation, it gives me a nice matte finish like i like and is easy to apply and really helped woth covering the redness on my face (with the help of my concealer) if i applied a little too much then it did cake up a little bit, the staying power was pretty good but i don't wear primer. i never have and probably never will but i liked it. i did take it back though because the color didnt match my neck all that well so i was disappointed in that. i couldnt find my color in it at all so i just went back to my neutrogena foundation. but i'd reccommend this foundation to anyone, its nice, good price. packaging im not so fond of though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Classicschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hey ladies! For those of you that find this foundation too dry, try mixing it with your moisturizer! I do this and love it!! It sort of makes it like a tinted moisturizer. It's oil control properties are just ok, coverage is pretty light. But a huge plus is that I have sensitive acne prone skin and it had not broke me out. I set it with an oil control powder and my skin looks pretty good. Nice price too. I work 10-11 hr shifts and it seems to last all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by princessmarrisa

Thought I would give it a shot because if claims to hide 100% of your pores. WRONG. In my t-zone it started to wear off after two hours so I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin. This also makes my pores look huge. If you don't blend it enough, it will dry quickly and be hard to try and fix later. The price is great but I would definitely not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissedbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG drugstore foundation! I wear NC35 in Mac and 340 Nude is a perfect match. Most drugstore foundations tend to have cool/pink undertones so I was surprised when I stumbled upon this gem. I have been using this for over 6 months now and love it. I set it with Rimmel translucent powder and it lasts all day. Because I have oily skin, particularly in my t-zone, I do need to blot once or twice during the day but that is fine with me. Some foundations tend to make me more oily but that's not the case here. I recently got my friend hooked on this foundation as well. Unlike me, she has dry skin and she too is in love. My dry-skinned girls, I believe they have a regular clean finish as well (not matte) but I haven't tried that one. If you like the matte look though pick this one up but don't forget to moisturizer first. For the price (I believe it's under $5 at Walmart), you can't go wrong..try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by amhooper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I FINALLY found the perfect foundation for me! After trying so many different ones, this one doesn't stick to the dry patches of my skin in an awkward way or make me super oily. I usually have combination skin that's more on the oily side, and it worked great. It has a lovely matte finish, covers most of my pores AND a lot of my redness, and it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin despite the thicker formula! It makes my skin look super smooth.
I made sure my skin was moisturized before I applied it. I put a little on the back of my hand and dipped a fluffy brush into it and buffed it onto my skin. A little bit goes a long way! I used the lightest shade, I think it's ivory. The coverage is great, all I had to do after was put on some under eye concealer and a wee bit of powder.
I usually have a problem with foundations either being too thin and you can't even tell I'm wearing any, or way to cakey and cling to my dry patches. But this one is great! Plus I got it from Walmart for $3.97! Lol affordable and great quality :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ok, this product needs better reviews.

please understand this is NOT FOR DRY SKIN.. no matter what your age.

my skin is normal, and during this season (I am on opposite sides of the planet), it is HOT, warm and humid.

every foundation and I mean the whole roster of HE non transfer* .. they sure as hell do transfer in hot weather*... has dripped/ disappeared and basically makes me look hideous.

I found this little treasure and in my atypical despair, purchased a bottle. LOVE! it's a light ivory and it has been on my skin through thick and hot .. not moving at all. I ran and purchased another 4 bottles.. oh yes, the price let me do this without feeling guilt. I am keeping one in every nook and cranny of my office, house and travel gear. It gives great a poreless finish. I use it over primer -- Hour Glass usually or Stila. Anything works.

Love the spatula -- it's super convenient. And the price.. it ourperforms my Dior Forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by 902nikki902

I kid you not, I purchased this at Walmart for $1.50cnd! I got it in the color 340 nude and it is a perfect match. I have extremely yellow undertones and this is the only foundation from the drugstore that matches me perfectly. I am about an NC30-35 in Mac. It is very matte and doesn't settle in lines or pores as much as other foundations tend to do on me. I adore it. Will definitely repurchase.