April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Clean Finish Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by princessmarrisa

Thought I would give it a shot because if claims to hide 100% of your pores. WRONG. In my t-zone it started to wear off after two hours so I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin. This also makes my pores look huge. If you don't blend it enough, it will dry quickly and be hard to try and fix later. The price is great but I would definitely not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissedbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG drugstore foundation! I wear NC35 in Mac and 340 Nude is a perfect match. Most drugstore foundations tend to have cool/pink undertones so I was surprised when I stumbled upon this gem. I have been using this for over 6 months now and love it. I set it with Rimmel translucent powder and it lasts all day. Because I have oily skin, particularly in my t-zone, I do need to blot once or twice during the day but that is fine with me. Some foundations tend to make me more oily but that's not the case here. I recently got my friend hooked on this foundation as well. Unlike me, she has dry skin and she too is in love. My dry-skinned girls, I believe they have a regular clean finish as well (not matte) but I haven't tried that one. If you like the matte look though pick this one up but don't forget to moisturizer first. For the price (I believe it's under $5 at Walmart), you can't go wrong..try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by amhooper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I FINALLY found the perfect foundation for me! After trying so many different ones, this one doesn't stick to the dry patches of my skin in an awkward way or make me super oily. I usually have combination skin that's more on the oily side, and it worked great. It has a lovely matte finish, covers most of my pores AND a lot of my redness, and it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin despite the thicker formula! It makes my skin look super smooth.
I made sure my skin was moisturized before I applied it. I put a little on the back of my hand and dipped a fluffy brush into it and buffed it onto my skin. A little bit goes a long way! I used the lightest shade, I think it's ivory. The coverage is great, all I had to do after was put on some under eye concealer and a wee bit of powder.
I usually have a problem with foundations either being too thin and you can't even tell I'm wearing any, or way to cakey and cling to my dry patches. But this one is great! Plus I got it from Walmart for $3.97! Lol affordable and great quality :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ok, this product needs better reviews.

please understand this is NOT FOR DRY SKIN.. no matter what your age.

my skin is normal, and during this season (I am on opposite sides of the planet), it is HOT, warm and humid.

every foundation and I mean the whole roster of HE non transfer* .. they sure as hell do transfer in hot weather*... has dripped/ disappeared and basically makes me look hideous.

I found this little treasure and in my atypical despair, purchased a bottle. LOVE! it's a light ivory and it has been on my skin through thick and hot .. not moving at all. I ran and purchased another 4 bottles.. oh yes, the price let me do this without feeling guilt. I am keeping one in every nook and cranny of my office, house and travel gear. It gives great a poreless finish. I use it over primer -- Hour Glass usually or Stila. Anything works.

Love the spatula -- it's super convenient. And the price.. it ourperforms my Dior Forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by 902nikki902

I kid you not, I purchased this at Walmart for $1.50cnd! I got it in the color 340 nude and it is a perfect match. I have extremely yellow undertones and this is the only foundation from the drugstore that matches me perfectly. I am about an NC30-35 in Mac. It is very matte and doesn't settle in lines or pores as much as other foundations tend to do on me. I adore it. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jillmaclaine

First of all, I love the paddle in the packaging! It makes it so easy to apply.
I would say this is a fuller coverage and is good for normal to dry skin (I know there's an oil free kind, but I haven't tried it)
it lasts well with a powder
It is on the ticker side and dries a little fast, so be sure to blend it quickly
but for what it does, it is a great product and SO CHEAP. I think I bought mine at walmart for something around $4!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Sarahsian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The price and promise for "matte" skin caught my eye but after applying I soon realized that it was wayyyy too thick and dried too quickly. It would dry before I could blend it and then I would try to add more to cover the streaks that came from it drying too quick. Just a mess. My face was oily an hour later as well. Maybe if you mixed it with a moisturizer or if you can apply it fast enough it might work for you. It's very heavy. I liked the spatula applicator and the price was great but just wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by NoSugarCoating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I alternate between liquid and airbrush foundation and decided for my liquid I wanted to try something different than my usual CoverGirl. I've been using this foundation for about 3 days now (#230 Warm Ivory) and I plan on finishing the bottle, but won't be re-purchasing. The formula is extremely drying (a plus for oily skin) so if you have relatively normal skin, or dry, you'll want to avoid this foundation. As far as color matching goes, I can see where some have had issues. There's quite a bit of an orange undertone so don't cake this on too thick otherwise you may look a little Jersey-Shorish. I absolutely would say it DOES help diminish the size of pores.
This only cost $3.97 at Walmart so it's not a total bummer it's not my favorite. If you have oily skin, give it a shot.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by christina8499

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible. Absolutely HORRIBLE. So I bought this about 6 months ago because I was just starting out with makeup and I needed something cheap. Yeah it's not worth a penny. It's cakey, even with the smallest amount, it doesn't cover ANYTHING, and I know now since I have dry skin a matte formula isn't good for me, but I have to mention how drying it was and how it accentuated my dry patches horribly. I got the lightest shade and it's still too dark and the undertones are way too yellow for my slight pink ones. Rimmel's foundations are much better for warm undertones and not cool or neutral, like me. Not to mention, the packaging is a hot mess. A spatula? What the heck? I would NEVER recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING FUDGE BROWNIE
I HATE THIS FOUNDATION WITH THE FIRE OF ONE THOUSAND SUNS

I've never actually tried liquid foundation before, only mineral powders. Since I had no actual experience with foundation like this, I decided to try something cheap, since I'm livin' la vida broka.

For some idiotic reason, I expected this foundation to do all the things it claimed to do- offer a flawless, poreless finish, while leaving my skin matte, and not caking up. But I should have realized, was that just like Hitler when he promised not to invade Czechoslovakia,
IT WAS A LIE.

1. The lightest shade left me looking like I had escaped from Willy Wonk's Factory.
2. Getting a flawless cake-free face with this foundation is like trying to baptize a cat. Nearly impossible.
3. Broke me out something horrible.

This may work well for someone who is not acne prone, and uses a darker shade, but for me, it's like a bag of trash.
Actually, it's not even good enough for a bag, it's just a piece of trash. Lying there, all disorganized.
Don't buy this.