Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is ok for the most part. It has a wand/spatula applicator which I really like because its a thicker foundation in the bottle. Its really easy to control how much you want to put on your face. It covers up redness and blemishes. It does make my pores look smaller, but I don't have big pores. The application is smooth and it does dry down to a matte finish. If I have dry patches however I notice it cakes up around them and makes them look more visible. If I add 3 or more layers I notice it gets cakey and uneven so I like adding 1 or 2 light layers then blend it out with my Elf foundation brush. And I let the layers dry in between. I also notice if I add more than 2 layers in natural sunlight my face looks pink which I don't really like. It doesn't last 12 hours like the claim says. It will look shiny after 8 hours on me with powder. Without powder it will look good for about 6 hours. By the time 12 hours have passed it will break down so its not the longest lasting foundation. Its obviously not oil observing as the claim says because my face gets shiny. Overall I liked the inexpensive price tag and that it makes my face look smooth and it has descent coverage. I would probably not repurchase this and try a different one when I run out. I would recommend if you are on a budget or if you have normal skin.

I purchased this foundation because I have acne prone skin and the advertising claimed it was wonderful for blemishes and to get skin healthy...
Well, I was disappointed.
I'm not sure if it helps acne prone skin because I only used it twice and that was one time too many.
It separates so easily! Nothing but cracks in the foundation and it oxidizes so quickly!
My face was orange in an hour.
I would describe the look as "volcanic rock"
I tossed it in the garbage.
My advice, pay a little extra and go for the Almay Clear Complexion

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just recently bought this product and it really helped with my oil. I only got some shininess on my nose. The color range is okay but still not quiet my skin tone. Overall this is a good product from the price. I will have to continue and see the results later.

This is a terrible product because if you don't immediately blend out the foundation it becomes cracked and hard and even once u blend it out the foundation begins to crack and dry up

This is the worst foundation EVER!!!!! It dries instantly, so it looks super patchy, cakey, and flakey. If you apply extra to a spot or imperfection it has like an orange yellow ring on the side. It basically makes you look like a 3 year old did your makeup. i was so emberassed walking around all day looking the way i did because of this foundation. i was shocked because the regular clean finish always applied smooth and was never cakey or patchy, but i guess there's something different in the matte formula. Anyways stay away from this foundation at all costs!!

This was given to me to try for free so I can't complain about the price. The color is in beige I believe but a very warm almost orange beige to be exact. Usually I buy light, fair or in the summer beige but I am never naturally this orange. So thumbs down on color matching....maybe if i tried a lighter one I may like it more. Now my first reaction is...why does it have a spatula....oh because it is so thick there is no way it could be pumped! It dries FAST so thin layers with a sponge or beauty blender work best. It felt oily at first because I wanted to build up a very full coverage. It covers well, doesn't cake around my nose or eyes and does look very matte and pretty after i set it with my photoready powder in a lighter shade to off set the orange. Over all it's ok but i wish it wasn't such a strange shade.

This product is sooo orange!! Even in the lightest shade my face was much more orange than the rest of me. So unless youre going for to ompaloopma look i dont recomend...

Was not a fan of this at all. Super cakey and thick and soooo hard to blend. dries instantly in the patch where u dot it or apply it and will leave an orange ring around that dot. Leaves an orange line on my neck where my skin without the foundation and with the foundation meet. Definitely not worth the money even though its really cheap. I bought mine at the drugstore for less than $5 CAD.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased this foundation in 120 Ivory to use for day to day so as to save my Urban Decay Naked Foundation for special events. I purchased for $7.99 Canadian, which was a very good price for the amount of product. I swatched it on my hand before purchasing, the liquid felt very smooth and light. Unfortunately, everything went wrong after I purchased it and tried it out. The shade turned out to be much too orange for my fair skin tone, even though it was the lightest shade available at London Drugs. I applied with a sponge as I find this provides the best coverage, but even building up the product gave me very little coverage for my acne and redness. The product was cakey and did not adhere to my skin, it moved around looked like my skin was dry even though I have no dry patches on my skin at all. I don't know if it is actually a good matifying foundation as I had to remove it right away-it was that bad. I'm going to try and return this foundation and purchase something else.

This foundation has to be one of the worst i have ever tried. I had the ivory shade and with my fair skin, it turned me orange. It clumped and stuck to the worst places. Blend-ability was horrible. The only good thing about was that it lasted a long time. It also had a really weird smell once it was opened, but after a few minutes it seemed to fade.