October 21, 2014 | 1945 users online

Hair Treatments - Nuance by Salma Hayek - Blackcurrant Intense Hydration Hair Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Raphaelachka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this product. I always blow dry my hair straight, but my darkest secret is my wild, coarse,extremely thick head of hair. It tends to crave moisture and when it doesnt get it, it makes it very clear by becoming brittle and dry. This can be seen when i get out of the shower and my waves start to frizz up and turn dry. After using this mask, when i get out of the shower i am greeted with silky, moisturized hair that instead of waving, curled into these adorable ringlets ive never seen before! maybe my hair has potential when given the right products and moisture. This product smells good and it is reinforcing my love for all of Salma Hayeks products. I have already recommended it to my friends and family

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by cheyneromero

I am usually not very fond of celebrity cosmetic / beauty lines (they are all name, minimal result products for the most part), but I love pretty much everything from Salma Hayek's line, especially the deep conditioner. I like how she uses many different all natural ingredients, and that raw oils and exotic natural extracts seem to be the focus of all of her products. The smell of this deep conditioner is truly divine. I leave it on overnight if I can (along with Salma Hayek's Leave-In Deep Conditioning Treatment), and I wake up with my hair all kinds of soft, silk smooth and wonderful. I love the squeeze out bottle, and the snap lid makes it easy to travel with (no spillage). It hydrates my dry, brittle locks every season, and even though I have to use a lot of it I feel that's only because I have such long and dry hair, not because the product is insufficient. I wish it came in an enormous size, I'm constantly buying two of these at a time because I go through them so quickly...but I don't mind because I love it so much. Keeps my hair from completely dying of thirst. Amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

First off let me say I absolutely LOVE that this deep conditioner comes in a squeezable tube form! Too many deep conditioners come in a jar form that is difficult to scoop product out because you can't get it wet. Second, I love the package design! It looks so professional and salon quality. Third the scent is light and devine! The scent lingers in your hair for a few hours after but I don't think it is overpowering. Now on to the product....
I didn't think it was very moisturizing. I left it on my hair for about 10 min and didnt see major results. When dry, my hair was smooth and didn't have frizz or flay aways but it felt like and everyday conditioner...nothing special. My ends were still dry. Maybe over time it will get better.
But I will for sure repurchase for 2 reasons. 1) love the squeeze tube 2) this is the only deep conditioner I have used that didn't look like my hair was coated and heavy. My hair is fine and thin and it can look waxy and heavy with conditioners. This didn't make my hair waxy at all! Just wish it was more moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I bought this out of pure curiosity...and a 3 dollar off coupon. It is a moisturizing treatment that works well at a cheaper price point then most deep conditioners. However I noticed that that the smell is starting to bother me. I think it is the papaya extract that give the treatment that off smell. And one other con for me is that the conditioner seems to cause break outs on my back. I think it's because of all the different oils in the treatment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so surprised by how well this worked - in fact, I would consider this HG. It comes in a very generous 8 oz. tube. It's a white cream - medium texture (not runny nor super thick). It has a strong fragrance but I find it pleasant and I am super sensitive to fragrances and after a few hours it does subside. I have fine to medium hair that gets weighed down easily but this does not weigh down my hair at all. I shampoo then use this as a conditioner while I finish the rest of my shower. I find that my hair (which is dry, slightly wavy, prone to get a bit poofy in SUMMER only), is straighter, smoother, softer, and definitely shiny after I use this conditioner. I absolutely love it and have bought about 4 tubes so far. I use it 2-3 times per week with no build-up issues at all. Love this so much. It is only sold at CVS stores and cvs.com for $9.99 and CVS typically has BOGO50%.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ugh, I hate to be the lone negative voice, but I would return this if I could. It works fine, but the smell is so intense and unpleasant, very woodsy and cheap. It's overwhelming and I'm contemplating taking another shower to get rid of the odor.

Edited 5/2/13: I had to shower six hours later because the smell was unbearably strong and unpleasant. It didn't do anything particularly special, partly because I didn't leave it on too long. It's good that I didn't as the smell still lingers after two shampoos. Absolutely awful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Pastilage

This is simply the best conditioner for curly hair I have ever used! I have typical course, chronically dry, curly hair which I usually bow dry straight. I have used every product under the sun for curly hair from the time I was a teenager. I was a Kerastase junkie and bought this on a whim. For the first time in my life I have shiny, soft, bouncy hair. It is a miracle product. Definitely worth the money (although MUCH less expensive than Kerastase). I can't say enough good things about it. I hear some CVS stores have run out of it and there are waiting lists in some parts of the country but in Chicago I have had no issues finding it. If you have curly hair you might want to give this a try; I don't think you will be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by SkyAlternative

This is probably my all time favorite deep conditioner. I love using this once a week as a hair mask. It's pretty pricy for a bottle of conditioner- it goes for about $10 at CVS but every now and again, there will be extra bucks rewards for it which can save money. I always recommend buying stuff at CVS and doing the math- you can really save! I do recall ONCE that all Nuance shampoos, conditoners, and treatments where $6.99 or something. That was a crazy good sale and that was the first time I bought this. I do think it's worth the money but I can't buy it all the time. I wish it was cheaper, it's a GREAT product. Leaves my hair so silky, soft, and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This had great slip and did a great job of detangling my hair and leaving it soft. It has a strong smell that lingers so if you have allergies, be careful. When my hair air-dried it had good definition. I paid $10.99 for my tube but CVS usually has good sales on the Nuance line such as a BOGO. I had no problems with this messing with my highlights and it provides decent frizz control for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by KateSchuette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I remember seeing the Salma Hayek label before and being like "Hah, Hah, I will never buy celebrity products. They are for the sad, tasteless masses. You do not fool me with your fetching twisted vine decals." But yesterday it was a reasonable price and had nice packaging and I thought, "oh well, YOU WILL SUFFICE."

I left this on overnight and washed it off in the morning. I was in a rush and just dried my hair quickly, twisted it into a bun and flew out of my apartment. Sometime during my drive I took my hair down to let it finish drying and MY GOD, MY HAIR SMELLS BEAUTIFUL. It still smells beautiful. I have it all over my face right now. I don't know if my hair is moisturized any more than had I used some other drugstore bought hair mask, but I don't have time to care because all I am doing is sitting here in bed with my hair on my face. Maybe later when my nose adapts I will update you on that.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No