L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 9/4/2015 12:57:00 AM

I bought this product after reading rave reviews about it online. For a drugstore foundation, it's okay. It doesn't accentuate dry spots and leaves a healthy looking finish but it's pretty light coverage. I was hoping for something a little more concealing. Wore it to work at a restaurant today and after 6 hours, the foundation has separated and I look pretty greasy. I used powder and have dry skin, so this is somewhat unusual for me. Overall, not my favorite product. Probably wouldn't buy again. my search for the perfect drugstore foundation continues.

So I got this foundation for school since 2 of my closest friends use and swear by it. I have combination skin, usually oily with some dry patches here and there, and my skin did NOT like this foundation. It sticked to my dry patches, as well as looking caky all over my face. A girl I go to school with even asked if I was wearing foundation due to the cakiness of the product. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because of the pump. That is the only thing I like about this product.

on 8/25/2015 1:15:00 PM

I purchased N1-2 and this is slightly too dark for my NC15 skin. I thought that L’Oreal would have more of a shade range in this, especially since the True Match line is touted as having 33 different shades.

The finish is lovely, light coverage and a lightweight feel. But as other reviewers have stated, this is not transfer resistant and will come off when blotted, when you accidentally touch your face, and it will also come off on clothing and sunglasses/eyeglasses.

I need foundation to last, and although this is not advertised as being long-wearing, I expected more than just a couple of hours wear. I will use up but not buy again.

on 8/19/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation. For me it's a dupe of Smashbox Liquid Halo HD and is like a quarter of the price. Nice sheer coverage, easy to blend, looks really natural. Such a great drugstore foundation - totally on par with fancy high end ones.

on 8/7/2015 11:10:00 PM

I like the pump on this. Very nice to see a pump bottle foundation in the drugstore, and it nice to see that it looks like pump bottles at the drugstore are finally coming to fruition.

This was just an okay foundation for me. Stayed true to color, did not break down until a good 6 to 8 hours, and did not irritate my skin or break me out. It did feel a little greasy or slightly oily when applying it, but did not notice an oily feeling once it was applied. It did feel a little bit like it 'sat' on my skin during the day, and that is even going light-handed.

All in all, not a bad foundation, but won't re-purchase. It sits in the back of my foundation collection, I may turn to this in the Fall or Winter, but it is just too heavy for the Summer.

on 8/6/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation, especially for the colder months (I have oily skin and sadly I don't do as well with this in hot weather). It looks beautiful on skin, sheer yet has medium coverage. It gives you a great glow. I actually used this for my wedding and it looked great when set with powder. I also love the packaging, a pump is always great to get exactly how much you need each day!!

on 8/2/2015 12:33:00 AM

Definitely one of my favorite drugstore foundation, I recommend it if you have dry skin, I have dry skin and this foundation looks and feels amazing on my skin.

on 8/1/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I rarely ever leave reviews, especially negative reviews, but I really felt the need with this one. While this foundation doesn't specifically state that it is made for dry skin, the claims it makes led me to believe it would work for me. I have SEVERELY dry skin; dry to the point that my face always feels tight and sometimes it hurts to fully open my mouth. This foundation did not cling to my dry patches at all, which was awesome. The coverage was nice (medium to full) and it is definitely buildable, BUT holy mother of god, did it leave me greasy! It was so insane to see my face shiny and greasy. I literally slather my face with intense moisturizers and still, my skin is so dry that within a minute or two, my face is back to being normal (dry). As I was applying it, I was so happy that there was definitely a "dewiness" about it, but about 5 minutes after application, my face felt so slimy and greasy. There is nothing cute about this level of "luminosity." When I think of luminosity, I think of a slight sheen that catches the light in all the right places. This just made me oily ALL OVER. I looked sweaty. Looking at it up close made my stomach turn. Every little bump and pore on my face was accentuated. I never even knew I had such bumpy and rough skin until I put this foundation on. I am so so so upset that this didn't work for me, and I'm not really sure who it would work for because I thought skin couldn't get any drier than mine. For that reason, I would never recommend this to ANYONE, and if you are oily, don't even look at this the wrong way in the drugstore, lol (but seriously... stay away).

on 7/30/2015 9:22:00 PM

Nothing in the True Match line ever works for me and it's true for Lumi as well. I really don't see a difference between this and the other True Match foundations. It's just too thin and doesn't cover well. It seems to fill my pores and nothing else. And I tried the two colors closest to my skin tone and they were just too yellow. I wish they'd bring back Visible Lift Age Perfect.

on 7/18/2015 12:48:00 PM

This product looks great when first applied however it wears off very quickly.