October 25, 2014 | 1555 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMonday

I bought this based on glowing reviews by beauty bloggers & Youtubers. It was a FAIL for me. I have combination/oily skin, yet this stuff DRIED my face out & created dry, flaky areas on my face, even after moisturizing! Just awful. I chose W1-2 instead of W3 because there was no W2.... W1-2 was WAY too light & people actually kept asking me if I was sick. For a foundation which supposedly has such great shade range... no. It doesn't. Why isn't there a W2? W1-2 is TOO LIGHT & W3 is TOO DARK. On top of that, it offered what I would call sheer coverage. It did not cover up ANY blemishes, redness, discoloration. It barely evened out my skintone. I think this would be even worse on actual dry skin. I can't imagine this looking good on anyone. Yuck. Awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by maryannemiles

I was on the hunt for a good drugstore foundation for fairly dry skin and saw a lot of positive reviews on this product. I also like a luminous or Dewey finish from foundation, so I thought I would give it a shot. I found it does have a good color range and found a really good match for my complexion. That is about the only good thing about this foundation. It does not blend into my skin worth about darn. I tried fingers, two different brushes, and a sponge. This product just sat on top of my skin and accentuated my fine lines. I tried it a few times using less, or sometimes more product and application methods trying to make it work. I feel it also made the really fine peach fuzz type hairs more noticeable which I have not experienced with any other foundation I have used. I thought after it dries it oxidizes to a lighter color and actually made my skin look more dry. I made the mistake of giving this one last try when I got ready for work this morning. It looked so bad I took my makeup off and went to work without any!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

This is a great 'everyday' wear foundation, for work or school. It looks great when you first put it on( I use the elf studio powder brush with this) and slowly fades throughout the day on my nose. It does make me look luminous and I like the coverage. I have dry skin. Try this is you don't need a heavy duty foundation. I find It stays well on my forehead and chin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by emilyannh

After developing terrible cystic acne while using Revlon Colorstay (not necessarily sure it actually caused my acne, but I do think it didn't help matters), I swore off drugstore foundations. I've been dropping some pretty major bank the last few years using everything from Kat Von D to MUFE. I was in Wal-Mart with my mom piddling around when I saw this and, out of habit, checked out reviews here for it. Then I decided eh, why not?

My skin is NC15 with yellow/olive undertones. I have terrible skin. Dehydrated, puffy from allergies, large pores yet still dry and raw in places, acne scars... etc. etc. I bough it in Porcelain/Light Ivory W1-2 and it seems to match pretty darn well. Out of boredom while waiting to pick up my husband I smeared a bit on just to see what it looked like since I was heading straight home... I am talking over MUFE foundation that was mostly worn off from working at a daycare all day. Not prime foundation conditions at all. To my absolute shock it set beautifully. My husband even complimented my skin!

It looks even better when applied the right way. I either use my fingers or I buff it in with my Sephora #55 brush. Since it's runny I feel like my knock-off beauty blender absorbs it more than anything, but if you are wanting more sheer coverage I would go with that. Otherwise you can get anywhere from medium to full coverage without looking cakey. It does settle into fine lines, so I put a bit of setting powder under my eyes and down my nose. It really does give you glowy, dewy pretty skin. Definitely HG status.

HOWEVER. I definitely do not think you should purchase this if you have oily or combo skin. Dry/Normal are probably the best candidates for this foundation unless you want to mix it with something a bit sturdier... like the Kat Von D foundation. Otherwise it's gonna melt right off your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very light coverage, so beware if you don't have a great complexion. It matches skin tone really well but covers very little. I didn't notice any luminous finish either. It felt really oily next to my nose area after about two hours. This isn't a foundation for me

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by jmmaldonadobruin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my HG of drugstore foundations. I love this foundation. I have pretty dry skin and this just gives me a beautiful glow. It stays put all day and it matches my skin EXACTLY. I have sensitive skin, but this foundation does not break me out at all. I've been using for a year or two and I have no complaints.

I used MAC Studio Fix as well as Make Up For Ever's foundation. I will admit that Make Up For Ever's foundation is *flawless*, but for the price of this L'Oreal foundation, it really can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by twiggychic3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the original True Match formula for a good 4 or 5 years before switching over to True Match Lumi. My skin has been getting drier with age, and this formula is a lot more hydrating with a dewier finish compared to the original. I think the coverage is also lighter and more natural looking but definitely still buildable. It also doesn't settle into my laugh lines or look flakey on any dry patches.

After moisturizing, I apply this in buffing motions with a flat top brush and the product just melts beautifully into my skin. For larger blemishes, I do add a layer of true match concealer. I also make sure to set with a translucent powder because it can get a little oily looking around my t-zone area. A lot of friends and family are surprised when they find out I'm wearing foundation. It really looks that natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by neginaxo

So I have normal to dry skin, and like most people I tend to get a tad bit oily on my t zone on random days for some reason. But I'm majority dry. I was hesitant with buying this product but I tried the original true match and it clinged to dry patches unfortunately so I thought I should go for a dewy look, and let me tell you I fell in LOVE. This foundation looked sooooo natural amd flawless on my skin. I'll tell you now that its not full coverage so if you have alot of problematic acne It wont cover it, but my skin is clear for the most part and this looked beautiful on it. will definitely repurchase again. I am in the shade N3 natural buff, perfect match. love love love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am NC35-37 and purchased this in W6 Sun Beige.
I love the nice coverage for this as its not too much or cakey looking just nice an dewy without too much glitter like Revlon's Photoready foundation.
I have dry skin and most foundations including MAC ones tend to flake and look cakey on my skin, but I was surprised that this foundation didn't. On the first day wearing people at work were telling me that something nice was different about me that I looked more awake and happy.
Heard this was a really good dupe for Urban Decay's Naked foundation and I got to test it at Sephora and would say that Liquid L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup lasted longer on my face than UD's version.
at about $12.99 at Ulta and with a $3.50 coupon you can't go wrong! I even bought a second bottle as a back up.
Yes I would repurchase this for the third time! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

I really wanted to love this foundation, but it just didn't sit well for long at all. I purchased In shade C6. Packing is great, however I never really care about the packaging. It matched my skin perfect. It is a great foundation for summer or spring, really does give you a luminous look. I've read some people do not apply a setting powder so the glow look can show. I've tried both ways, and without powder I love it but it just can't work for me as my only skin will show through right away. It just doesn't stay long for me after 2/3 hours my forehead is shining, it's slipping off my nose. Ugh. I'm not sure if it's the sure if it's the spf or what. Maybe I'll give it another try next year.