November 24, 2014 | 1363 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by royalgalliano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In conjunction with my Estee Lauder Double Wear this is my HG foundation combo. I mix about 2 pumps of the True Match Lumi in W4 "Natural Beige" and about the same amount (no pump) of EL Double Wear in 1W2 "Sand" on the back of my hand and apply it to my face with a beauty blender.
Together this is a dream team! Not only is the color spot on to my NC30 skin, but the finish is awesome. The EL Double Wear provides the coverage, while the True Match Lumi keeps it looking fresh and dewy. I set it with my NYC loose face powder and it keeps me from going oily for about 6/7 hours. I took off one star because I do have to touch up after the 6/7 hour mark and I attribute that to the True Match Lumi because it is so dewy.

Sorry, but I have not tried the True Match Lumi on its own so I can't write a review about that, but I wanted to let people know about the awesome combination.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Questalou

I am 57 years of age and have taken very good care of my skin, so a lot of people think I am quite a bit younger. I think this is partially due to this foundation. I like a foundation that gives my skin a more dewy finish. For years I used a Revlon illuminating foundation, and when they discontinued it, I went on a search for a replacement. I used the Ulta illuminating foundation; then they changed their formulation, and it was too thick and cakey. Since then, I have found a solution: I use the L'Oreal True Match mixed with a little bit of Laura Geller champagne spackle and it is perfect! I think a lot of women in my age category are wearing too much makeup, and it ends up making them look older. Especially if they use a cakey, heavy foundation that settles into every wrinkle and line. It's the LIGHT that bounces off the face and takes the eye away from the lines that makes the skin look less wrinkly and aged.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

I like this. I loved the original true match, so I wanted to try this. With the original TM, I only had to put one layer since it's medium to full coverage. TM Lumi is a thicker consistency but is more sheer. With two layers my skin looks glowy and flawless. Redness is completely covered. The colour match is the same colour as the original, which is in W5 however, the colour range for this one is 15 shades compared to the 33 that you get with the original. I prefer this bottle to the original because of the pump, however this one is not my HG. I still prefer regular true match to this. Not to say that it isn't good, I do like it, but my HG foundation of all time is the original. Hope this helped :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have read the bad reviews about this foundation and at first when I purchased it I agreed with most of them. I have dry skin even on my t-zone I have dry patches so I moisturize well, otherwise any foundation is going to look terrible on me. At first I was ready to discard this product but then I decided to try a different shade and different methods to apply it. I am nc-30 warm undertone, so the W-4 shade was a little dark. W-3 is perfect. I make sure I remove my dry patches with a dry towel even after I cleanse my face I gently go over my flakes and rub them, not too harsh. I apply the Laura Mercier hydrating primer. That being said maybe people with dry skin need to do something different before applying this, if you don't wanna go through that maybe this foundation is not right for you. But I found it to be perfect for my everyday wear, it has medium coverage which is fine with me. I apply it with a beauty blender and it goes on smoothly, I love the dewy finish. Now when I don't put primer on it doesn't last long and it does cling to my dry skin. It doesn't oxidize on me, another plus... Bottom line I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by iamdaqueen

So i read the views before buying this product and it worked for some people and didn't for others. I was debating over if I want it because I don't want to spend 13 dollars on something that's not going to work. I finally decided to get it and it was great for my dry skin. I applied it with my fingers and it went on smooth and nicely and gave a great coverage and it's also very light on the face. Overall, I love it, but my friend who had oily skin didn't find it as great so I guess it works better if you have dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMonday

I bought this based on glowing reviews by beauty bloggers & Youtubers. It was a FAIL for me. I have combination/oily skin, yet this stuff DRIED my face out & created dry, flaky areas on my face, even after moisturizing! Just awful. I chose W1-2 instead of W3 because there was no W2.... W1-2 was WAY too light & people actually kept asking me if I was sick. For a foundation which supposedly has such great shade range... no. It doesn't. Why isn't there a W2? W1-2 is TOO LIGHT & W3 is TOO DARK. On top of that, it offered what I would call sheer coverage. It did not cover up ANY blemishes, redness, discoloration. It barely evened out my skintone. I think this would be even worse on actual dry skin. I can't imagine this looking good on anyone. Yuck. Awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by maryannemiles

I was on the hunt for a good drugstore foundation for fairly dry skin and saw a lot of positive reviews on this product. I also like a luminous or Dewey finish from foundation, so I thought I would give it a shot. I found it does have a good color range and found a really good match for my complexion. That is about the only good thing about this foundation. It does not blend into my skin worth about darn. I tried fingers, two different brushes, and a sponge. This product just sat on top of my skin and accentuated my fine lines. I tried it a few times using less, or sometimes more product and application methods trying to make it work. I feel it also made the really fine peach fuzz type hairs more noticeable which I have not experienced with any other foundation I have used. I thought after it dries it oxidizes to a lighter color and actually made my skin look more dry. I made the mistake of giving this one last try when I got ready for work this morning. It looked so bad I took my makeup off and went to work without any!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

Gorgeous foundation for dry skin. I look dewy and healthy and my boyfriend said I looked like a doll lol. If you're oily try the normal true match. My only compliant is the color range--none of the shade are yellow enough for me. Also, I use the elf studio powder brush for this. It's a flat top and buffs this in perfectly. Will use for everyday in place of my expensive foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by emilyannh

After developing terrible cystic acne while using Revlon Colorstay (not necessarily sure it actually caused my acne, but I do think it didn't help matters), I swore off drugstore foundations. I've been dropping some pretty major bank the last few years using everything from Kat Von D to MUFE. I was in Wal-Mart with my mom piddling around when I saw this and, out of habit, checked out reviews here for it. Then I decided eh, why not?

My skin is NC15 with yellow/olive undertones. I have terrible skin. Dehydrated, puffy from allergies, large pores yet still dry and raw in places, acne scars... etc. etc. I bough it in Porcelain/Light Ivory W1-2 and it seems to match pretty darn well. Out of boredom while waiting to pick up my husband I smeared a bit on just to see what it looked like since I was heading straight home... I am talking over MUFE foundation that was mostly worn off from working at a daycare all day. Not prime foundation conditions at all. To my absolute shock it set beautifully. My husband even complimented my skin!

It looks even better when applied the right way. I either use my fingers or I buff it in with my Sephora #55 brush. Since it's runny I feel like my knock-off beauty blender absorbs it more than anything, but if you are wanting more sheer coverage I would go with that. Otherwise you can get anywhere from medium to full coverage without looking cakey. It does settle into fine lines, so I put a bit of setting powder under my eyes and down my nose. It really does give you glowy, dewy pretty skin. Definitely HG status.

HOWEVER. I definitely do not think you should purchase this if you have oily or combo skin. Dry/Normal are probably the best candidates for this foundation unless you want to mix it with something a bit sturdier... like the Kat Von D foundation. Otherwise it's gonna melt right off your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very light coverage, so beware if you don't have a great complexion. It matches skin tone really well but covers very little. I didn't notice any luminous finish either. It felt really oily next to my nose area after about two hours. This isn't a foundation for me