July 29, 2014 | 2012 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

I like this foundation... Blended quite nicely with my skin color. It's slighty greasy but not more than other foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by viikee

this foundation sucks, I've heard so many youtubers and bloggers rave about the true match lumi foundation but it just really wasn't for me. it does not hold well during the day, makes you look very dewy/oily which also makes it look very cakey, not very buildable and minimal coverage. its just not a flattering foundation, but the only pro i have for this product is that its lightweight and didn't break me out

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a fan of this. I find the texture very greasy, and that is with normal to slightly dry skin-- I feel like this would be a nightmare on oilier skins. It doesn't really blend in and just 'sits' there on top of it. Longevity leaves much to be desired also. I was hoping for a cheaper alternative to MAC Studiofix Fluid, but I guess I will keep looking. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it for my dry skin. It is light-medium coverage which is all I need for a natural look. I find that N 1-2 works great for my fair skin, which has a slightly pink undertone.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this twice now (thought I would give it a second chance since it's so popular) but I returned it yet again. I have normal skin/dry skin for reference - and this never set into my skin, it just sat on top and made me feel/look greasy. It fades away after a few hours. I still do not understand the hype at all. I have tried almost ever drugstore foundation available (foundation hoarder) and hated this one more than any I have ever tried, and my expectations aren't even that high. The packaging is pretty and nice, but that is the only positive thing I have to say about it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with other reviewers regarding their disdain L'Oreal put 2 different tones together. I bought N1 N2 and am so disappointed. Out of the bottle this is sooo dark and slimy in texture. I wore this one day and felt like my face was covered in colored oil. Granted, the humidity here is atrocious, but, I was in air conditioning all day and still this color and formula are ghastly. In theory this sounded promising but if I had to wear this I'd have to add my FaceAtelier Zero minus to blend to a color that would flatter my compexion, it would have to be very cold and dry outside or else this would slide off my face. Which is what it did today. IMO this is a Nay on all levels the least of which is the bizarre formula. Lastly, I hate the pump as too much product is dispensed for realistic use. No luminousity here, just shine and oxidation. Back to CVS this goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really saddened by L'Oreal's decision to mix together two different skin tones per bottle of their Luminous line, especially when still calling their line "True Match." I don't know what they were thinking.

Honestly it makes no sense and as much as I was looking forward to loving this foundation, if you are a W1, you'll be out of luck because the W1-W2 shade is much too orange and dark. Making loose estimations about skin tones is not what you should do when you're marketing a product to specially appeal to all different shades and tones. Seriously, L'Oreal. Mixing two colors makes a different color, not appealing to both of them, get real.

Not to mention the finish was a bit too "dewy" for my liking, coming across as unpleasantly cakey and oily and accentuating the size of my pores. My dry skin did not look moisturized, it looked wet with yucky foundation. I wouldn't recommend this product line to anybody and am going to be returning it ASAP. True Match's regular line, while not absolutely perfect, is far superior, especially on terms of how many shades you get to pick from.

Haven't disliked a product so much in a long time. Gross gross gross nightmare foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really disappointed with this product. After hearing great things about it from various YouTubers, I went out and purchased it. I do have dry skin so wasn't too worried about the dewy finish becoming oily or anything else that I'd heard about. I actually found the complete opposite - it made my skin look really really dull. Like I'd covered it in flour. Considering it's mean to be luminescent, I was very unhappy about that. It is hard to apply - a brush makes it look streaky, sponge gives no coverage and fingers also make it a little streaky. It doesn't really ever set even with powder so you end up looking cakey. It really clung to any dry spots I had. As mentioned by many others, the only pros are SPF, the colour range and the pump applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Hope62

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros: Great Package, Improves Skin
Color: C3 - Creamy Natural (I mix it with a touch of Almay's CC primer! Makes it last!)
Prior Foundation: Neutrogena Healthy Skin in Buff.

Have to give it time! If you don't like it at first, don't give up quite yet!

Originally I wrote a very negative review. I bought this product because my skin was horribly dry and I thought it would help since it was a dewy finish. My skin was in bad shape, very dry, patchy, red spots galore. When I first tried this product it barely covered the red spots, my dry spots looked nasty, and it made my face look dull. I was disappointed after all the raving reviews but since I spent the last of my makeup budget for the month on this I kept using it. Glad I did!

Over a period of two weeks my skin has improved so much! Even my acne is better! The texture of my skin has gone from scaly to baby smooth; something I thought I'd never see again! With all the improvements to my skin I have to say it covers wonderfully now. I look polished and bright without looking like I'm wearing makeup, which is my favorite look anyways.

So long story short - if you try it and hate it's coverage, give it a little bit of time and you'll be amazed. I've never had any product, not even lotions and creams designed to improved texture, improve my skin this much. I thought the "Healthy" part in the product's title was just a gimmick. Apparently not! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Camille0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having tried L'Oreal True Match foundation, I have to say this product is far below. The ONLY pro I found is the pump applicator, which is great to measure the amount of product you apply as well as keep it clean and far from bacteria.

Other than that I found this product does not even cover minor imperfections, made my pores look bigger, and looked cakey after a couple of minutes of application.

This foundation would be good o dry/mature skins, but I mark that its coverage is poor.