December 19, 2014 | 1736 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by CeleyG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find it does not cover as much as I would like it too but you do have to build it up quite a bit in order to cover scarring or blemishes which means using more product than needed unlike my Mac Studio Sculpt,this doesn't make me as happy as MAC does on coverage, thin consistency and feels very light and moisturizing to the skin feels really good and not cakey, and I do like a heavier coverage as my face is quite red and it's a great color matches quite well as I wanted a lighter winter foundation and this worked quite well, I don't like the fact that I have to build it up quite a bit or that I have to use quite a bit when using (about 6 pumps) which means that I have to buy more and it runs out faster but overall I am semi happy with it not totally satisfied like I am with MAC but will suffice for no and a great foundation for its price I would probably would buy this again depending on the situation but as of now no.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Ashwhite925

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that this foundation is great for a drugstore brand! I have dry skin and the winter I need a little more coverage then just my BB cream so I chose this, when you go to wal mart there is an index sized card with all the shades of foundation you hold it up to the under side of the wrist an inch or two away and whenever you see the little square of color like disappear then that's your shade! It's pretty cool , I did it and the color match was perfect! But anyways getting to the foundation lol it's not to heavy and not to light... And it doesn't look caked on when you put it on, I use a stippling brush to apply and set it with translucent powder and it looks great. I usually use MAC but it's way to heavy to use all the time .. This new foundation is my favorite :-) I would deff recommend..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by abooth11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff, I have dry skin and this just feels like my face is being moisturized when I apply this. It's very light on the skin and gives you great coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this is an impressive ds fdtn! I have never had good luck with L'oreal's fdtns and haircare products, but True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup made up for past not so good experiences with L'oreal products.

Texture is semi-light and watery, but not too watery, and glides effortlessly over skin. Coverage is medium, evens skin tone, and doesn't sink into fine lines. Finish is soft, non-cakey, and as the name says, luminous. Another plus, in my book, is I can't "feel" the fdtn on my skin. It doesn't matter how good of coverage and finish a fdtn provides, if I can feel it on my skin, it's an automatic no-go.

The one major problem I had with this fdtn is finding the correct color match. Will admit it was quite a challenge. This line runs very dark. Fdtn appears much darker on skin than it appears in the bottle. When it comes to ds fdtns, I will hold up two bottles closest to my skin tone, one on each side of my face, to find a good match. It has worked in the past, but not with the Lumi line. First time purchased this in N5 True Beige. Way too dark for my skin tone, and it oxidized like mad. Knew I would need help finding the correct color match, so I went to findation.com, and it recommended W4 Natural Beige. Nope, too dark and oxidized. This line of fdtn even defies findation.com :) . Tried W3 Nude Beige, same problem. I have a neutral skin tone, and am able to bounce from neutral, warm and cool to find a good color match. Finally found a good color match in cool ~ C3 Creamy Natural. In other brands of makeup, a fdtn labeled C3 would have been too light, but as I mentioned, this line runs dark. If you're interested in trying this fdtn, recommend forgetting about shades of fdtns worn in the past, and currently wearing. Start fresh as if you're a fdtn novice trying to find the right shade.

Fdtn packaged in a pump dispenser, which is my personal fav. It's convenient and less messy.

In my very strong opinion, L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup rivals HE brands. Why pay $65 or more, when you can pay $13.99.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by bhull956

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wore this foundation for one day, came home and took it off and I had red blotches, hives, dry patches, and bumps all over my face. It could have been an allergic reaction but I have worn several types of their products before and my face has never done this. I will never purchase anything from this company ever again. it has been a week, and my face is still broken out with hives, bumps, dry patches, and red blotches. Whenever I try to moisturize, it burns my face where this foundation has cracked my skin. My face actually started to bleed the day after wearing this foundation. It is the absolute worst product I have and probably ever will purchase in my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by skylalavigne

love this! my new hg. i used revlon Colorstay in #200 nude for normal/dry skin for months now. i loved that except for the fact that it was very expensive for drugstore ($15 at CVS) and that it dried too fast and clung on to my dry spots. this makes that foundation look like crap. this provides a healthy glow. i wouldn't even call it dewy... it was just perfect. slightly oxidizes (nothing that blending into your neck cant fix). around $13 at CVS (still a little expensive for drugstore) and it isn't very easily blended, i don't mind that. no noticeable scent either. I'm in C3 which is the lightest cool tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by royalgalliano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In conjunction with my Estee Lauder Double Wear this is my HG foundation combo. I mix about 2 pumps of the True Match Lumi in W4 "Natural Beige" and about the same amount (no pump) of EL Double Wear in 1W2 "Sand" on the back of my hand and apply it to my face with a beauty blender.
Together this is a dream team! Not only is the color spot on to my NC30 skin, but the finish is awesome. The EL Double Wear provides the coverage, while the True Match Lumi keeps it looking fresh and dewy. I set it with my NYC loose face powder and it keeps me from going oily for about 6/7 hours. I took off one star because I do have to touch up after the 6/7 hour mark and I attribute that to the True Match Lumi because it is so dewy.

Sorry, but I have not tried the True Match Lumi on its own so I can't write a review about that, but I wanted to let people know about the awesome combination.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Questalou

I am 57 years of age and have taken very good care of my skin, so a lot of people think I am quite a bit younger. I think this is partially due to this foundation. I like a foundation that gives my skin a more dewy finish. For years I used a Revlon illuminating foundation, and when they discontinued it, I went on a search for a replacement. I used the Ulta illuminating foundation; then they changed their formulation, and it was too thick and cakey. Since then, I have found a solution: I use the L'Oreal True Match mixed with a little bit of Laura Geller champagne spackle and it is perfect! I think a lot of women in my age category are wearing too much makeup, and it ends up making them look older. Especially if they use a cakey, heavy foundation that settles into every wrinkle and line. It's the LIGHT that bounces off the face and takes the eye away from the lines that makes the skin look less wrinkly and aged.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

I like this. I loved the original true match, so I wanted to try this. With the original TM, I only had to put one layer since it's medium to full coverage. TM Lumi is a thicker consistency but is more sheer. With two layers my skin looks glowy and flawless. Redness is completely covered. The colour match is the same colour as the original, which is in W5 however, the colour range for this one is 15 shades compared to the 33 that you get with the original. I prefer this bottle to the original because of the pump, however this one is not my HG. I still prefer regular true match to this. Not to say that it isn't good, I do like it, but my HG foundation of all time is the original. Hope this helped :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have read the bad reviews about this foundation and at first when I purchased it I agreed with most of them. I have dry skin even on my t-zone I have dry patches so I moisturize well, otherwise any foundation is going to look terrible on me. At first I was ready to discard this product but then I decided to try a different shade and different methods to apply it. I am nc-30 warm undertone, so the W-4 shade was a little dark. W-3 is perfect. I make sure I remove my dry patches with a dry towel even after I cleanse my face I gently go over my flakes and rub them, not too harsh. I apply the Laura Mercier hydrating primer. That being said maybe people with dry skin need to do something different before applying this, if you don't wanna go through that maybe this foundation is not right for you. But I found it to be perfect for my everyday wear, it has medium coverage which is fine with me. I apply it with a beauty blender and it goes on smoothly, I love the dewy finish. Now when I don't put primer on it doesn't last long and it does cling to my dry skin. It doesn't oxidize on me, another plus... Bottom line I will repurchase.