October 23, 2014 | 1530 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

This is a great 'everyday' wear foundation, for work or school. It looks great when you first put it on( I use the elf studio powder brush with this) and slowly fades throughout the day on my nose. It does make me look luminous and I like the coverage. I have dry skin. Try this is you don't need a heavy duty foundation. I find It stays well on my forehead and chin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by emilyannh

After developing terrible cystic acne while using Revlon Colorstay (not necessarily sure it actually caused my acne, but I do think it didn't help matters), I swore off drugstore foundations. I've been dropping some pretty major bank the last few years using everything from Kat Von D to MUFE. I was in Wal-Mart with my mom piddling around when I saw this and, out of habit, checked out reviews here for it. Then I decided eh, why not?

My skin is NC15 with yellow/olive undertones. I have terrible skin. Dehydrated, puffy from allergies, large pores yet still dry and raw in places, acne scars... etc. etc. I bough it in Porcelain/Light Ivory W1-2 and it seems to match pretty darn well. Out of boredom while waiting to pick up my husband I smeared a bit on just to see what it looked like since I was heading straight home... I am talking over MUFE foundation that was mostly worn off from working at a daycare all day. Not prime foundation conditions at all. To my absolute shock it set beautifully. My husband even complimented my skin!

It looks even better when applied the right way. I either use my fingers or I buff it in with my Sephora #55 brush. Since it's runny I feel like my knock-off beauty blender absorbs it more than anything, but if you are wanting more sheer coverage I would go with that. Otherwise you can get anywhere from medium to full coverage without looking cakey. It does settle into fine lines, so I put a bit of setting powder under my eyes and down my nose. It really does give you glowy, dewy pretty skin. Definitely HG status.

HOWEVER. I definitely do not think you should purchase this if you have oily or combo skin. Dry/Normal are probably the best candidates for this foundation unless you want to mix it with something a bit sturdier... like the Kat Von D foundation. Otherwise it's gonna melt right off your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very light coverage, so beware if you don't have a great complexion. It matches skin tone really well but covers very little. I didn't notice any luminous finish either. It felt really oily next to my nose area after about two hours. This isn't a foundation for me

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by jmmaldonadobruin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my HG of drugstore foundations. I love this foundation. I have pretty dry skin and this just gives me a beautiful glow. It stays put all day and it matches my skin EXACTLY. I have sensitive skin, but this foundation does not break me out at all. I've been using for a year or two and I have no complaints.

I used MAC Studio Fix as well as Make Up For Ever's foundation. I will admit that Make Up For Ever's foundation is *flawless*, but for the price of this L'Oreal foundation, it really can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by twiggychic3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the original True Match formula for a good 4 or 5 years before switching over to True Match Lumi. My skin has been getting drier with age, and this formula is a lot more hydrating with a dewier finish compared to the original. I think the coverage is also lighter and more natural looking but definitely still buildable. It also doesn't settle into my laugh lines or look flakey on any dry patches.

After moisturizing, I apply this in buffing motions with a flat top brush and the product just melts beautifully into my skin. For larger blemishes, I do add a layer of true match concealer. I also make sure to set with a translucent powder because it can get a little oily looking around my t-zone area. A lot of friends and family are surprised when they find out I'm wearing foundation. It really looks that natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by neginaxo

So I have normal to dry skin, and like most people I tend to get a tad bit oily on my t zone on random days for some reason. But I'm majority dry. I was hesitant with buying this product but I tried the original true match and it clinged to dry patches unfortunately so I thought I should go for a dewy look, and let me tell you I fell in LOVE. This foundation looked sooooo natural amd flawless on my skin. I'll tell you now that its not full coverage so if you have alot of problematic acne It wont cover it, but my skin is clear for the most part and this looked beautiful on it. will definitely repurchase again. I am in the shade N3 natural buff, perfect match. love love love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am NC35-37 and purchased this in W6 Sun Beige.
I love the nice coverage for this as its not too much or cakey looking just nice an dewy without too much glitter like Revlon's Photoready foundation.
I have dry skin and most foundations including MAC ones tend to flake and look cakey on my skin, but I was surprised that this foundation didn't. On the first day wearing people at work were telling me that something nice was different about me that I looked more awake and happy.
Heard this was a really good dupe for Urban Decay's Naked foundation and I got to test it at Sephora and would say that Liquid L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup lasted longer on my face than UD's version.
at about $12.99 at Ulta and with a $3.50 coupon you can't go wrong! I even bought a second bottle as a back up.
Yes I would repurchase this for the third time! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

I really wanted to love this foundation, but it just didn't sit well for long at all. I purchased In shade C6. Packing is great, however I never really care about the packaging. It matched my skin perfect. It is a great foundation for summer or spring, really does give you a luminous look. I've read some people do not apply a setting powder so the glow look can show. I've tried both ways, and without powder I love it but it just can't work for me as my only skin will show through right away. It just doesn't stay long for me after 2/3 hours my forehead is shining, it's slipping off my nose. Ugh. I'm not sure if it's the sure if it's the spf or what. Maybe I'll give it another try next year.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by jillybean657

I wanted to love this, but by lunchtime, my face is an oil slick, and I am NOT a very oily person in general. I would stay away from this if you have normal skin that tends toward oily not dry...I dont get it, no other foundation makes me this oily! I use MAC Mineralized Skin Finish over top, as I do to set all my foundations, and it did nothing to prevent the oil from coming to the surface. This is not a winner in my book (though the color match was perfect).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by BrittneyMaxine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Two words... Covered nothing. I even layered it. I would recommend this makeup for anyone with very good and healthy looking skin that just wants a natural luminous finish foundation. It does have it's place...just not on me!