August 21, 2014 | 1629 users online

Polishes - MAC - Life and Beth

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish is a total bust! I bought it along with a couple lipsticks from the collection when I was at Nordstrom the other day... BIG mistake!

I wish I would have read the blogger reviews because they were right on , of course;)

The color is great! But the formula is awful! I've never liked MAC polishes because of the crappy brush and bad formula... but then last summer I bought the pink from the Candy collection and it was great! So I gave them another chance with Life and Beth.

The brush is terrible- it's too small and stiff and leaves brush marks no matter what! The polish itself goes on really streaky and covers unevenly. I used two coats and somewhat gave up, figuring I would add something over it in another day or so (like the OPI breast cancer Pink shatter). But I do like the color on it's own, so I wanted to wear it at least a day or two... started chipping after one day (even with OPI base and top coats) and it's been about 48 hrs now and there's top wear on most nails, along with major chipping on a couple.

Not to mention MAC polishes are a rip off! $16 plus tax and you don't even get as much as OPI/China Glaze! I hear the China Glaze Peechykeen (I think that's the name) is a very similar color, so I wish I would have saved my money and bought that!