Stila One Step Bronze

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a few days ago while shopping. A few weeks back a Stila rep at Sephora recommended it to me. The way she applied it and it looked, I could not tell there was sparkles in it. Yes. I looked like a Twilight vampire due to all the sparkles in this. Not only that but it interacted weirdly with my make-up and caused the make-up to be cakey. It's going back as soon as I can get over to Sephora.
While this might work for others, it doesn't work for me.

on 6/23/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was vacillating between giving this four or five stars, but because four people have complimented my skin this week, I'm going with five.

I received a full bottle of Stila's One Step Bronze in my June 2012 Birchbox. It's something that I never would have picked up for myself, because I have very pale skin and have never been able to find a bronzer to work with that. Everything is either too orange, too sparkly, or to muddy. After using this for the past ten or so days, I can say that I've found my bronzer.

The product comes in a one ounce bottle with three different strains of product (a warm color, a cool color, and an illuminator) forming a helix pattern inside. I take one squeeze from the pump and apply it all over my face and neck, much like you'd apply a primer. In fact, it pretty much works like a primer.

Don't be afraid if you look orange/red for the first minute or so- the color settles as it dries. Then I apply concealer to my t-zone and to cover redness, finish with a dusting of loose powder, and my summer face is set.

This product has a very slight shimmer, but it's nothing to worry about. I'm 36 and shimmer-phobic, but One Step Bronze causes me no problems. Unlike many bronzers I've tried, I don't get that dreaded disco ball-effect. This just gives my skin a bit of life and color.

Highly recommended, especially for those who use a higher SPF on their faces and are looking to even out their coloring. Like I said, it's something I never would have picked up for myself, but now it's a must-have for summer.

Popular Bronzers