September 1, 2014 | 1163 users online

Top/Base Coats - LCN Polish Seal

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by khaddox

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was extremely disappointed in this product, considering the price $29+ with shipping. It chipped the very first day. I applied it as directed and cured it but the next day I had another chip. The third day, lots of end wear on most nails. It's not nearly as shiny as Sally Hansen top coats and no more durable than hers. I have yet to find a topcoat that makes a manicure last even a week, much less two. I thought this was the answer but I wish I could get a refund. That's a lot of money to pay for something that doesn't come close to living up to the hype. Guess I will keep touching up until something better comes along. I love gel nails but don't want to damage my own and hate the hassle of taking off the polish or even having someone else do it. Too much time involved.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by csarganis

I have now used this product 3 times and although it initially looks great, it chips after 2-3 days. Increased the curing time to 5 minutes and capped each and every nail. Tried different brands of polish to be sure it wasn't the polish itself but I am not impressed.

This came off very easily which is a plus but I was hoping it would last at least 5 days or a full week...there is no way this lasts the advertised 2 weeks. Spotted on Dr. Oz and have to say that this is another disappointment.

UPDATE: After a bit more experience, I would recommend this product. The shine is incredible and if you let the coats dry 30 minutes in between (coloring), the polish seal does it's job. 3 days into the mani, i added seche vite to prolong the wear and it worked.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ggl

I've only used this product once so maybe this isn't a fair review. I got a manicure at a salon and then came home and used my LCN Polish Seal. I cured it with a 60 watt bulb for about 6 minutes. It dried perfectly and was shiny just like advertised. However, the following day I had a chip and after 2 days, the polish on all of my nails had chipped.

I will try again using a thicker coat and update my review. But as of right now, I'm not impressed. I find it curious that I could find almost no reviews from consumers on this product when searching the web. Most of the reviews or comments are from sources (magazines, beauty editors, TV shows) or people that want to sell this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by eiluj44

I haven't seen any reviews for this product yet, so i'll share my 2 cents.

This top coat turns any manicure into a "gel" manicure. After you polish as usual you wait for your nails to be dry to the touch (about 5 minutes) then brush this on, hold your nails right under a 60 watt or higher light bulb and it cures to a hard shiny finish.

After playing around with this for quite a few manicures, here are some things I have noted: I see better results when I use a quick dry top coat (Seche,etc.) and then the Polish Seal. It is a very watery consistency and using a heavy coat coat is better than a light coat, as it can give cuticle drag with darker colors. A loaded brush and quick strokes is key for me.

It does get hard and shiny like other gels after 3 minutes but I wait about 5 just to be safe. It also needs a minute or so to settle as soon as you cure it. Even though it feels hard it can be dented for about 15 minutes after curing (though not easily).

I brought it to the salon for a mani-pedi and saw no different results when they used the UV for it as opposed to just a lightbulb.

On my toes it is indestructible, on my hands I would give it a week. A little tip wear and maybe 1 chip by 7 days time but certainly better than regular top coat. Removal is almost better than plain polish, it slides right off with no problem. Overall it's a good alternative to gel manicures and I would buy it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No