E.L.F. Makeup Remover Pen

3.5

on 8/10/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Left a burning feeling where I put it on the first time. I decided to give it a shot again & same thing happened. Even left my eye swollen. Maybe my skin is too sensitive?

Also super difficult to clean the tip once it absorbs the makeup. Would definitely not recommend to anyone who is super sensitive near the eyes.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I consider this a miracle product! Just dab the pen on the spot to be removed, and it disappears. I haven't had it long enough to know if it will dry up quickly, but I'm hopeful I will continue to be impressed!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Though the makeup remover in a pen is a great idea, this product was not what I was hoping for. It does remove the makeup but it made my skin BURN all day where I used it :(

on 4/13/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I do a cat eye everyday and this pen is SO helpful. It cleans my liquid eyeliner so precisely, it's great. It's also good if you get mascara on your eyelid.

Unfortunately, the tip comes off really easily, so easily that last time I was using it the tip fell off and went into another dimension because I can't find it anywhere. Sigh. This happened every single time I used this pen, so it was only a matter of time until I lost it.

If I was to completely ignore the packaging, I would definitely give this 5 starts. However I cannot ignore the fact that the product only last me a few weeks and now it is useless without the tip. I will buy it again in hopes that the pen I currently have was a dud, and the tip of the next one will not be as bad. If the next pen is still dud I will definitely not buy it again.

on 4/12/2015 6:48:00 PM

I LOVE this product! Randomly picked it up at Target for $3 and tried it for the first time after making my liquid eyeliner way too thick on one eye (a few glasses of chardonnay will do that...oops). Immediately erased the makeup almost like magic! I will never be without one of these!

on 1/15/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is actually a fairly nice product. I rarely use it, as I don't find it that helpful, but in some cases it's nice to have. Whatever makeup remover formula that's in these works well, and I'm not allergic to it! Yay! However, I usually use this when I get a dot of mascara on my eyelid, and if I'm not careful it can end up taking a tiny spot of eyeshadow completely off, so I have to blend it over again. The way that works best for me is just dabbing gently at the mistake until it comes off, dabbing it once with a q-tip to remove the oily residue which also gets rid of the rest of the mistake, then just blending over it with a brush for 10 seconds to make it look good again. The tip is very precise, making it easy to clean up little mistakes. If you wipe instead of dab to fix something, it WILL smear. So don't wipe it.

on 12/14/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This pen is handy for cleaning up small mistakes, but it leaves an oily residue that has to be cleaned up afterwards with a q-tip. Mine was also poorly made, as soon as I opened it the felt tip slid right out of the pen! I put it back in and it stayed fine, but I was disappointed with the construction.

I love this pen! It's more precise than it looks. It erases mistakes or cleans up lines without just smearing the product around. It's like a magnet and just lifts off the makeup without disturbing the rest of your makeup. If that makes sense?!?! I've had some makeup remover pens that are too liquidy and just make a mess. But not this one and with the price you can't beat it. Love it!

on 8/14/2014 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product, because you can quickly erase any small makeup mistakes you make. Also, it is good to carry on you just in case your eyeliner or mascara may happen to smudge while your wearing either one. The slight con is that the tip gets dirty fast, and you have to make sure to clean it well before using it again.

on 8/5/2014 4:21:00 AM

I absolutely love thos product! It is great for touching up eye shadows and eyeliner. I find it a lot more precise than using a q-tip.