September 22, 2014 | 1941 users online

Lipstick - Hourglass - Femme Rouge ICON

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ICON is a beautiful, deep and luscious blue based red and perfect for the winter season. It's not a colour for the shy and when I wear this colour, I feel very confident and sexy!
I wore this lipstick (with the Opaque Rouge formula in the same colour as a base) to my office Christmas party recently and to my amazement, I didn't have to constantly touch up my lipstick. I lightly dabbed on some colour after I had eaten dinner but no full on applications. A friend remarked at how my lipstick stayed on during the event so that definitely is a testament to the staying power of this product.

The texture is rich and creamy but not greasy or heavy. I still recommend priming your lips as a colour this strong will emphasize any flakiness or rough spots.
This lipstick does leave a nice stain behind as if you've eaten some blackberries but no 'ring' effect.

This colour is great for that glamour look and looks beautiful with a neutral face.
The shape is different with its squarish appearance so it may be awkward to apply at first.

Best of all, the tube is refillable so kudos to Hourglass!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly a beautiful red. On me it's a dark cherry with a satin-finish that I absolutely love. Whether I blot it or not it wears great. Still satin if I blot but with a little less sheen. Wears great and doesn't come off as easily as other satin lipsticks. Also love the light vanilla fragrance. Highly recommend this red to anyone wondering what's a good red to get that's not the usual red that gets recommended, such as Russian Red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I absolutely love this shade and formula! This will not budge whatsoever for at least 8 hours. I have on many occasions reached 10 hours of wear with this lippie. It doesn't take much work to apply. I just line my lips with a red lipliner and then very carefully apply working quite quickly before the product sets on my lips. When I need to remove at night my lips do not feel dried out at all which lets me know that this awesome product moisturizes the lips with wear. I have no problem in purchasing again when the time comes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This is the most beautiful lipstick I have ever laid eyes on hands down. I was looking for a red I could wear around the Christmas season to events and the like and this was the one that caught my eyes. I don't remember how much it costed since I bought it about 3 months ago but it was not cheap haha. This lipstick is the most beautiful, medium red with very cool undertones. I have cool undertones and my skin is very pale and this looks stunning on me. It is very creamy and hydrating and I don't even know where to begin on how beautiful the packaging is- you seriously feel like a princess if this is part of your collection. This lipstick has a very unusual smell and also taste but it is very pleasant. It smells and tastes similar to a butter croissant. I only gave this lipstick 4 stars though because it does require a bit of extra help. This lipstick for me started to bleed out of the lines of my lips so I needed to get a lipliner to go with it and the tip of this lipstick is squared off so it is literally impossible to apply without a lip brush. If you are willing to go all out for the most gorgeous red lip you will ever have, this is definitely for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

A most heart-wrenching shade of cool-toned red and you will probably love it. This deserves its own space.

ok first off, you need to apply it thinly with a lip brush, and make sure you have outlined with lipliner already. otherwise, it WILL feather and bleed. even a thinly applied layer or two, looks amazing.
If I apply it correctly, painstakingly, then I can count on it to last through a proper party, with eating and drinking. It took me a while to figure out the best way to apply it. Before I was using it straight from the tube, or layer upon layer, and despite lipliner and the powder-through-tissue trick, it would bleed or smudge a bit.
It is fiery and vibrant red, that glows. Instead of fading, it will wear off a bit, so that the colour is there throughout the day, but not as AAAAH!! as the first hour. when i put it on, someone told me it made me look like a vampire in a movie. (but she loved the colour.) In fact, so far, everybody except my husband loves the colour.
It reminds me of Gene Tierney's makeup in her movies, such a glowing red, not neon, but by virtue of being ridiculously rich and luscious, it made every other red onscreen, fade in the background.
I have a medium, golden-beige skintone. I bet if you have very fair or very dark skin, it will be even more of a pop, and you will look amazing. Just swatch it at sephora's, even if u don't like this colour particularly, you will love the formula and go for another shade.
My favourite most magical red lipstick is Elizabeth Arden Poppy Cream but this is so much more long-lasting and the colour is so special, that it's almost a tie.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No