BeneFit Cosmetics Ultra Plush Lip Gloss

3.3

on 6/26/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not too picky when it comes to lip glosses. I like all kinds of brands and it doesn't surprise me that I enjoyed Dandelion. I like how light and smooth it feels on the lips. There isn't much color to it, but it gives me a nice natural tint when I wear it. The lasting power is totally not there. It might work on me for about 30 minutes then it seems to disappear. I don't reach for this when I want the lip color to last a while, but for a quick way define my lips, this is great. I typically use it on a casual day when I'm out running around. Overall, I like this and received in a trade, but I am not sure I'd purchase a full tube.

on 6/14/2015 12:14:00 AM

I have half sizes in Hoola and Dandelion from a kit. These feel nice - smooth and not sticky. They smell and taste slightly sweet. However, they have zero colour payoff and extremely minimal lasting power - barely 30 minutes for me. Wouldn't bother again or with other shades.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Awesome! I have all 6 of these. Gorgeous colors (& at Xmas time I was able to pick up a blush palette which has all 6 cheek colors so it's fun to wear the lipglosses w the matching coordinating cheek colors). They are fairly sheer but I don't like dark vampy colors so these work well for me. They are USD$16 for a generous sized tube w a cute logo on the front. Some of these taste a little different idk how to describe it, it's not unpleasant & it goes away soon after you've applied it but for those who are sensitive to smells/tastes in cosmetics this may be a turn off. My favorite is Hoola.

Recently bought this in Hoola. It smells weirdly like popcorn, has no staying power, barely any tint, does not moisturize and at $16 is way overpriced. It's a shame, cos I usually like Benefit stuff. I also love lip gloss but this one is just worth skipping over :(

on 1/6/2015 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have 2 of the Ultra Plush glosses, Sugarbomb and Bella Bamba. I like them both, but I don't love them. First, let's start with the good stuff. Both glosses have a nice texture, they're smooth a little thick and non-sticky. They do moisturize a bit and my lips feel soft and smooth even once the gloss fades off. Both also have a nice shiny finish. They both have a slightly sweet scent but it's not too strong or sickly sweet. Sugarbomb is a pinky nude with shimmer and is probably my favorite out of the 2. I really like the shimmer in it and it looks pretty over almost any lip stick color. It also looks nice on it's own for a more natural look. Bella Bamba was a bit of a disappointment to me. I have the matching blush which is a bright red-pink with heavy gold shimmer, but Bella Bamba gloss is a very very sheer pink with no shimmer. It is so sheer it barely shows up on me, and my lips aren't very pigmented. I was really hoping the gloss would have the same brightness and shimmer as the blush. It also looks bright in the tube but the color doesn't translate to the lips. I mainly use it throughout the day at work as it can easily be applied with no mirror. Ultra Plush glosses do have some negatives. They do tend to slip and slide around my lips very easily and have incredibly short wear times. The glossy finish wears off in about 30 minutes with no eating or drinking. I'll happily use these 2 glosses up but I won't buy them again.

on 10/20/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm on the hunt reddish brownish pink lipstick that screams MLBB, juicy, just bitten lips for an NC 42 skin tone. The color on this tube is beautiful and was everything that I looking for. The gloss is quite hydrating after application and it gave a sheer version of what's on the tube. The color disappeared on the lips after 10 minutes though they stay hydrating for another two hours. The cute squeeze tube is very practical and mess-free which is always a plus. Would I say it's worth $20? I doubt it. Though it does make me wonder if they have Dallas in lipstick form and if they do, I'll grab it in a heartbeat because the color is a dream

on 10/17/2014 7:49:00 PM

I got the travel sizes in Coralista, Sugarbomb, and dandelion. Not impressed. They feel great on the lips when you first apply, but after five minutes they're gone! They have absolutely no staying power! I'm glad my friend gave these to me because these are not worth your money, travel size OR full size. I'm a lipgloss junkie and it takes a lot for a lipgloss not to impress me. Good job Benefit.

on 7/30/2014 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Smells lovely, not too sweet. Has a smooth silky and very hydrating texture. I have the coralista one and it gives a very sheer coral tint to the lips, though this fades fast leaving your lips nicely moisturised and glossy. A tad pricey and there probably are cheaper dupes, but I really like this.

on 7/28/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE THIS LIPGLOSS! I own the Dandelion one, its a little pricey for a lipgloss but its definitely worth it. The smell is amazing and the finish is beautiful. I wear it over top of MAC's Please Me lipstick and it's just gorgeous. It lasts a really long time and makes your lips shiny and soft. A friend bought it for me about six months ago and its still going strong. I highly recommend this product.

on 7/20/2014 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is for the Dallas lipgloss. I own the Dallas blush, loved it, so why not the lipgloss to match? I ended up loving the lipgloss just as much as the blush.

The color is the same; the Dallas lipgloss is rosey-brown, nude color. Looks great and natural against my tan skin, and would look great on anybody else. It is quite plush feeling on the lips. Its thick yet not sticky, moisturizing, some shine with no glitter, opaque and smells yummy like fruit. This is in an easy squeeze tube....I dont feel fancy with this compared to a sleek and pretty Chanel lipgloss with a doe foot applicator. Thats typical for BeneFit to have such packaging. But take a look at the name+picture! Western cowgirl! I adore this even more! Maybe it has something to do with me being from Texas....this is always in my purse for touchups, and a little reminder from home while currently living in Europe.

Recommended for Medium Skin