October 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Wild Rose Hand Cream SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the negative reviews for this product, at the same time I can understand them because it doesn't work that well as a hand moisturiser. Personally, I use this product as an all-over sunscreen and used this way I can give a positive review.

I am very picky about sunscreens... basically I hate feeling sticky, looking pasty and putting up with weird chemical smells and residues. But this cream goes on nice and light, smells lovely, absorbs immediately, and leaves no white cast on my skin or clothes. For these reasons I use it all over, on my face, neck, chest, and hands.

So I do recommend this product as an everyday sunscreen but not as a hand cream. I find the rose scent lovely, however it is very strong so beware if you're sensitive to perfumes!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by hazee78

Love the rose scent! Light non greasy! One of my favorite hand creams! Do not love the metal tube packaging!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Ugh, this is for sure the worst handcream EVER!
I have only experienced bad things about this.

1. Made my hands itchy, red and irritated
2. Dried them out, more than moistruising them
3. The smell. It's waaaaay too strong. And it's not even a good rose scent. It's the bad "plastic-grandma"-scent, as I call it haha.. ;-)
4. Packagain sucks. Way too much product comes out, and the lid is so difficult to replace after use. Drives me crazy.

- Go for the "Hemp hand protector" instead. That one is just.. PERFECT.
Except for the packagain issue. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Joanby

The worst hand cream ever... It is not mositurizing at all and my hands feel like dirty after putting this on. The only upside might be the smell, if you are into rosey scents.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by hean

I tested this hand cream in store and liked the rose scent, so I bought it, mainly on impulse. However what I found is that over time the smell of the spf (which I don't like) in it would come to overpower the rose scent. Also the hand cream itself wasn't moisturising and left my hands feeling stiff and kind of... chalky? There are definitely better hand creams out there

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has a relatively strong rose scent to it.. It almost reminds me rose syrup!! Every time I apply this, I can't help but steal a few sniffs every now and then.

Apart from the smell, unfortunately, there's nothing else that impresses me. While it is absorbed quickly, I find that it doesn't spread as easily. The packaging is pretty bad when you have depleted a lot of the product. It also isn't moisturizing enough for my very dry hands.

My hands are really dry and they tend to crack, and while my hands don't crack after applying this, it didn't go out of it's way and made my hand so super soft (like it's relative the almond did).

Thankfully, I got this as a gift, or I would really regret the purchase. I'm definitely not recommending this if your hands are really dry. Not going to repurchase this after I'm done with this tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Updated 4 December 2012

I loved the scent of this, it is so floral and mild. If you love the rose scent then this is definitely for you, I would say this sinks into skin fairly quickly and it has a cooling feeling which I like. Also the tube size is good and will last for quite a while. I initially loved the scent but now I realize that after a few hours, it smells really odd, close to how sun screen smells like and it is not very nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by gochicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really disappointed in this purchase. The metal tube has sharp edges. The threading of the cap is really fine and difficult to screw back on. The cream smells of roses yes.. but it's actually too strong.. and a bit fake smelling. The cream is light and non greasy but my skin seems to be reacting badly to it. My skin isn't usually sensitive to anything, but this seems to be drying it out and making it itchy. I don't think it's an allergic reaction because I don't have any hives (or any allergies at all that I know of. I would not recommend this product at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by holly92

I think the ratings on here are fair for this product, it goes on light, non-greasy, smells lovely but its just not that moisturizing... which i guess is the payoff for the non-greasy nice texture. The spf 15, although not as high as I would want is a nice additional feature

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kloops

Not super moisturizing, but also completely non-greasy. It will be great for the summertime when my skin isn't quite so dry. And I love the smell!