Wet 'n' Wild Megalast - Red a Good Book

4.5

on 5/12/2015 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this polish! I use Orly Bonder as my base coat and Sally Hansen rapid dry topcoat (in the red bottle) and this polish wears beautifully. It's a jelly polish and looks great with two or three coats.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Perfect red for any skin tone. It is the Longest lasting polish I have ever use. I don't do top coats to be honest any more they seem to make my nails chip faster. So I like the all in one Polishs more. Just one step.it dries fast and I usually do another coat the next day just to be safe. Love the brush. I can go a whole week without a chip. So I love it just for that since I don't like spending tons of time on my nails. So A+ from me. (see pic)

on 3/22/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful classic RED. dries fast and has my favorite kind of brush. Doesn't streak.

on 2/25/2015 10:54:00 AM

Another positive review from me. This red is perfect! I have received so many compliments when I wear this polish (which is just about all the time). I can go a whole month without redoing my nails, really. I use Essie No Chips Ahead and Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat throughout the month.

Again, this is my routine. Start off with clean dry nails. Brush on OPI Chip Skip. Then apply Cutex Basework. Apply two coats of nail color. Then finish with Essie (No Chips Ahead). Every other day or so apply S.H. Diamond Flash Top Coat. If you encounter a chip or two, just apply the Chip Skip in the chipped space, apply color, and finish off with a coat of Diamond Flash on the area.

As I have said in other (polish) reviews, I do not have the time (or energy) to constantly touch up my nails. I look for products that work. It may take a few tries, however, I will find products that work as they claim.

I hope this review helps you.

on 7/11/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A beautiful and sophisticated classic red :)

on 7/4/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Right, I LOVE this stuff... but I actually use it in a craft capacity to create the look of a red enamel or varnish! To that end, it is PERFECTION.

The colour is gorgeous - a mid-tone neutral red, not super opaque, although two or three coats will get it there. I actually think the brush is amazing - soft and quite wide, it really spreads the varnish around easily. I get a perfect effect with this by using a strong adhesion basecoat and then two coats of Red a Good Book. It holds/wears incredibly well I find, and I don't have to reapply to the object. Best of all, it's super cheap.

Does this work on nails, I'm afraid I can't say - although I will definitely update if/when I use it in that capacity. Otherwise, if any of you ladies use varnish for anything crafty - this stuff is AMAZING. Love love love!

on 6/1/2014 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this beautiful true red crelly is so nice and bright. its a two coater but I always do two anyhow. the slight jellyness of! it makes it sheer compared to other megalast polish but its supposed to b to give the cream jelly look a unique and fun polish. similar to other red crellys like loreal jolly lolly or sephora by opi and a cherry on top but wne is just slightly more opaque.

on 4/20/2014 12:05:00 AM

Such a perfect bright red tone! Great consistency and total bargain, especially when Wet n Wild is on sale at the drug store!

I love this shade of red. This is only of the only colors I do not get tired of wearing after a day. Perfect.

on 1/27/2014 6:51:00 PM

It's an okay color, nothing too original, but didn't exactly "megalast". It chipped the next day and is somewhat goopy

Popular Polishes