April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - megalast - Red A Good Book

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

I love this shade of red. This is only of the only colors I do not get tired of wearing after a day. Perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an okay color, nothing too original, but didn't exactly "megalast". It chipped the next day and is somewhat goopy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by YCR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love red nail polishes and this shade of red is what I would say is my perfect shade of red for my skin tone. The shade is very bright and makes my hands look amazing and delicate. The brush on these Megalast nail polishes is amazing, because they cover almost your entire nail with one swipe, and its rounded tip makes the process of painting close to the cuticles a breeze. BUT, I have two things that I don't like about this nail polish, one is that the color applies quite sheer to my taste, and I need from to to three coats in order to get the true color. And the second problem is that it chips VERY fast (within a few hours), even with my base coat (Revlon's Base Coat). It chips faster than most of my nail polishes. So, I don't know if I will repurchase again, even though the color and the brush are both absolutely fantastic. Maybe I'll try with a different base coat and see if it helps... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by idkhelpme

Amazing candy apple jelly. Only thing is that it started majorly chipping about 20 hours later.. although I think the culprit may be my topcoat, based on the reviews here. Brush is amazing and super is easy to work with; makes a nice, clean and fast manicure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by xiue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't say I have anything bad to say about this polish :)

I've always avoided reds because the shades were always ones I did not like. If I had to wear something as powerful as a red, it had to be the right one! FINALLY I have found the HG red for me. It's not screaming tomato or too blue, or too purple. It's just a nice deep, and saturated red. My skin is NC 25-30.

I'm really glad they changed the packaging on the Megalast line. The smaller, cylindrical bottles were cute but harder to hold and see the colour from up top. The wide brush is also AMAZING. I really wish all polishes had the wide brush. Coupled with the silky smooth consistency of the polish formula makes for an incredibly fast application. Probably the fastest I've ever done my nails without going all over the place and making a mess. This time no mess at all! It does take 2 coats for true coverage though. Nothing new since I usually need 3 with other polishes.

Price is also wonderful of course~ I would def buy this again if I lose it or run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love classic red nail polish. I have a ton. The color on this is a classic red. Not tomato, this is a true red. Colorwise, it is perfect. The bottle is cute too, I like how it has WetNWild moulded into the side of the bottle, I also like how you can see the color around the edges because the top is slimmer than the bottle, so you can see it in a drawer from the top. I LOVE the wide brush. I can do some of my nails with one swipe. It applies evenly and smooth, but you need two coats for a true color. It wears really well too. On comparison, this is the same red as Zoya Sooki, one of my ultimate reds.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

gorgeous red color, nearly opaque with one coat. brush is easy, applies very nicely. can't go wrong with the megalast nail polishes! only small issue is that with a base and top coat, this will last me about 3 days until it starts chipping. and i don't really do housework

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

This is a lovely true-red that reminds of candy apples due to it's jelly-like creme consistency. I personally like this more for summer, but could definitely work year-round. Of the reds I've tried, this one is the easiest to work with. The combination of the brush and the formula makes it really easy to get a nice even coat. The one problem I have w/ this is the pigmentation; even with 3 coats I can still see some nail line, but I can forgive since it is so affordable and easy to work with. Highly recommend this to ppl just starting to dabble in nail polish or anyone looking for a low maintenance red crelly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by pedaheh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Megalast polishes. The wear the best of any polish on me (6-7 or more days) and I absolutely love the brush. The wide brush works great on my very curved nails.
This is my HG red cream. It is just the perfect red for me. I'm NC10 leaning neutral for reference. This is the only red cream I'll ever need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't written a review in quite some time but I just HAD to pop in and write one for 'I Red A Good Book'.
First of all, I own tons of red polishes (albeit drugstore brands) and this one is truly the most vibrant neutral medium red shade that I've come across. Even my former flame 'Revlon Red' just can't stand up to this one. I don't know about most people, but on me shades touted as 'neutral' can sometimes be quite flat as far as dimension is concerned. This definitely isn't so with 'I Red A Good Book'. Though this color doesn't pull warm or cool on me, it somehow just pops. It's almost like a sumptuous candy apple red color that I suspect would be beautiful on most, if not all complexions. It's one of those colors that you can't help but look at!
Wet 'n' Wild's Manicurve brush is wonderful. It's thick and bristly but it's not quite as dense as I remember the Sally Hansen brushes being. It's incredibly easy to coat each nail evenly and more importantly, QUICKLY, both on very long and relatively short nails. It also doesn't streak terribly if you get impatient while waiting for each coat to dry and I have yet to experience any horrible bubbling that makes your paint job look more like something found on a rickety county fair ride rather than a great manicure (looking at you, Revlon).
'I Red A Good Book' has great lasting power and doesn't seem to grow duller and/or darker with wear like I've experienced with other polishes. It's got a brilliant shine to it that really showcases the lovely color without the use of a top coat as well. The only qualm that I really have is that it seemed to soften and get streaked up by my hair when I was using a blow dryer recently but that very well could have been my fault for being careless.
For the price, 'I Red A Good Book' really can't be beaten. The formula and brush seem to be much more superior to other drugstore brands with a higher price point. The wear is excellent and the color is stunning. Wet 'n' Wild really has a winner with their MegaLast line and I can't wait to try more of their shades.