March 3, 2015 | 1384 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast - Red a Good Book

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2015 10:54:00 AM More reviews by View

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another positive review from me. This red is perfect! I have received so many compliments when I wear this polish (which is just about all the time). I can go a whole month without redoing my nails, really. I use Essie No Chips Ahead and Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat throughout the month.

Again, this is my routine. Start off with clean dry nails. Brush on OPI Chip Skip. Then apply Cutex Basework. Apply two coats of nail color. Then finish with Essie (No Chips Ahead). Every other day or so apply S.H. Diamond Flash Top Coat. If you encounter a chip or two, just apply the Chip Skip in the chipped space, apply color, and finish off with a coat of Diamond Flash on the area.

As I have said in other (polish) reviews, I do not have the time (or energy) to constantly touch up my nails. I look for products that work. It may take a few tries, however, I will find products that work as they claim.

I hope this review helps you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Kaedah

A beautiful and sophisticated classic red :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Right, I LOVE this stuff... but I actually use it in a craft capacity to create the look of a red enamel or varnish! To that end, it is PERFECTION.

The colour is gorgeous - a mid-tone neutral red, not super opaque, although two or three coats will get it there. I actually think the brush is amazing - soft and quite wide, it really spreads the varnish around easily. I get a perfect effect with this by using a strong adhesion basecoat and then two coats of Red a Good Book. It holds/wears incredibly well I find, and I don't have to reapply to the object. Best of all, it's super cheap.

Does this work on nails, I'm afraid I can't say - although I will definitely update if/when I use it in that capacity. Otherwise, if any of you ladies use varnish for anything crafty - this stuff is AMAZING. Love love love!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Milona316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this beautiful true red crelly is so nice and bright. its a two coater but I always do two anyhow. the slight jellyness of! it makes it sheer compared to other megalast polish but its supposed to b to give the cream jelly look a unique and fun polish. similar to other red crellys like loreal jolly lolly or sephora by opi and a cherry on top but wne is just slightly more opaque.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Such a perfect bright red tone! Great consistency and total bargain, especially when Wet n Wild is on sale at the drug store!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

I love this shade of red. This is only of the only colors I do not get tired of wearing after a day. Perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an okay color, nothing too original, but didn't exactly "megalast". It chipped the next day and is somewhat goopy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by YCR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love red nail polishes and this shade of red is what I would say is my perfect shade of red for my skin tone. The shade is very bright and makes my hands look amazing and delicate. The brush on these Megalast nail polishes is amazing, because they cover almost your entire nail with one swipe, and its rounded tip makes the process of painting close to the cuticles a breeze. BUT, I have two things that I don't like about this nail polish, one is that the color applies quite sheer to my taste, and I need from to to three coats in order to get the true color. And the second problem is that it chips VERY fast (within a few hours), even with my base coat (Revlon's Base Coat). It chips faster than most of my nail polishes. So, I don't know if I will repurchase again, even though the color and the brush are both absolutely fantastic. Maybe I'll try with a different base coat and see if it helps... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by idkhelpme

Amazing candy apple jelly. Only thing is that it started majorly chipping about 20 hours later.. although I think the culprit may be my topcoat, based on the reviews here. Brush is amazing and super is easy to work with; makes a nice, clean and fast manicure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by xiue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't say I have anything bad to say about this polish :)

I've always avoided reds because the shades were always ones I did not like. If I had to wear something as powerful as a red, it had to be the right one! FINALLY I have found the HG red for me. It's not screaming tomato or too blue, or too purple. It's just a nice deep, and saturated red. My skin is NC 25-30.

I'm really glad they changed the packaging on the Megalast line. The smaller, cylindrical bottles were cute but harder to hold and see the colour from up top. The wide brush is also AMAZING. I really wish all polishes had the wide brush. Coupled with the silky smooth consistency of the polish formula makes for an incredibly fast application. Probably the fastest I've ever done my nails without going all over the place and making a mess. This time no mess at all! It does take 2 coats for true coverage though. Nothing new since I usually need 3 with other polishes.

Price is also wonderful of course~ I would def buy this again if I lose it or run out.