October 31, 2014 | 944 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Perk Up Artist

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by gsalazar82

This is a complete waste of money! Thank God this was given to me and I didn't actually spend money on it. The concealers in here are so greasy, they never set, don't correct, and don't blend well. The packaging is cute and also functional. I like that each product is separate with its own cap which helps to preserve the product. I wish Benefit put as much effort into the actual product as they did with the packaging. I don't get it, Benefit has award winning concealers and correctors; Why didn't they put those in here? Why waste time and money coming up with new formulations when there a perfectly good ones already?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by beautysign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had an allergic reaction to a face wash , that turned my skin red and pimply. So I needed a yellow concealer to counteract the redness. I decided to go for the 'perk up artist' palette instead of just 'lemon aid' (BeneFit's yellow concealer), because it seemed more versatile as I could use the pink to brighten up dark circles as well. The concealer is too dark for me but again like other posters have said the packaging is really nice, so that influenced me into buying it. The case is magnetised so you can carry it around in your handbag safely and has a mirror and double ended brush. Another nice feature is each concealer is in it's own individual plastic pot with a plastic lid for each one. Which means the mirror and the case don't get too messy.

It worked well to dull down my red skin and didn't make it any worse, so it's suitable for people with sensitive skin. But the product is quite thin. What i did was apply it to my problem areas and then apply my foundation over the top. I also found applying it with the brush just meant a lot of the product stayed on the brush and was wasted. So it's best to apply it with your fingers. Maybe if it was thicker this wouldn't be the case. But on the plus side it is nice and creamy and although it is matte doesn't dry your skin out and it did last throughout the day.

So in an emergency it works but i'm going to try the mac concealer palette to see if that's any better just because I would like a fuller coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by tinannibal

To be completely honest I admit that I bought this because of the novelty packaging.

The concealer does seem to cover my dark circles because mine are not that bad, however if you have very obvious dark circles I would not recommend this because it is quite sheer. It, however, accentuates fine lines!

The correcting cream does hide redness, but the formula accentuates dry parts of my skin.

The highlighter is quite good.

The brush that comes along with the kit is useless - the hairs start to fall off after a few uses. I use my fingers instead.

Would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I agree with the last reviewer...I am unsure where the actual good reviews come from? This is complete crap, thin, greasy & covers absolutely nothing. I have tried better concealors/correctors from walmart (MUCH BETTER) no sorry make that the $ store! What a waste of money & a waste of product. Only thing this has going for it is the funny container.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Manda7focus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, This kit is complete crap. And that is saying a lot since I got it for free (I am a makeup consultant of a popular beauty distributor). The texture of the 3 creams is slightly greasy,thin, accentuates fine lines under the eyes and doesn't sit well on the skin. Its so thin that it doesn't conceal a thing! You're better off getting Benefit's "Erase Paste" (so amazing!) or even getting a drugstore corrector/concealer. The only thing that i liked from the kit was the mini brush applicator it came with. I just passed this product on to a friend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by 2crazycatladies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It has 3 colors pink brightener, concealer shade, and yellow corrector. By mixing shades you can get the colors you want. I did one of my eyes with the brightener and one with corrector then concealer on both. A little difference in appearance one did look brighter. The texture is very smooth and silky no lumps here. Goes on well with a brush or fingers. Hasnt irritated my eyes or cause any redness. I would recommend trying this. For $30 its a good deal. And I got $6 off so $24

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by raqalichavez

This palette contains a corrector, concealer, and highlighter. I love the corrector. It works so well at covering up the redness in my cheeks, around my nose, my chin and between my eyebrows. YES! I have a lot of redness on my face but with the corrector you can't even tell. It is so light and the tinest amount goes a long way. The brightener is great for around the eyes and the concealer in this palette is the boi-ing which I also love. I am not too crazy about the packaging with the pervy guy and the compact is a little difficult to open. The tiny brush it comes with isn't really good either but I apply this with a larger foundation brush and concealer brush. I feel the pros out weigh the cons. The cons are all in the packaging. This really is worth the $30. I tried other products like the clinique foundation to cover my redness and none worked as well as this. I can use this alone without foundation on top or powder to set. This a must try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No