November 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Cobra Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the highest quality shadow you can find; very versatile too. Can be worn lightly blended with other lighter shadows to give a final hint of beautiful deep forest green smoke with a bit of an almost inconspicuous gold sparkle or if you prefer to get the most out of it you can apply it with a wet brush for a full pigmented, gorgeous, one of a kind dramatic shade.
I have included a picture of how I wear it (full pigment/wet brush). It is indeed a gorgeous product worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

EXCELLENT eye shadow! I had been searching everywhere for this shade and when I found this one, it looked too sparkly in the pot, but does NOT go on that way at all. It's a tad khaki-ish, smoky grey and the sparkle is just a hint that is absolutely beautiful, NOT shimmery just gorgeous. I think this shade would flatter any eye color, but it really makes my brown eyes pop. No fall out, is very buildable in that you can go soft or dramatic with it, and lasts all day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I really like this shadow on my gray blue eyes. Makes for a beautiful smokey eye. However, I already have 2 very similar shadows: Laura Mercier Baked in Black Karat, and the dark forest green with gold shimmer in Maybelline quads Sea Sprite and Gutsy Green. However, it's such a beautiful color, I must keep it! The difference between Black Karat and Cobra is that Cobra has gold shimmer and looks a bit more charcoal, while Black Karat has gold glitter and looks almost brown in comparison.
*EDIT* I lowered to a 3 because although the quality of the shadow is great, I find this to be a very dupeable shade. It looks charcoal on me, the green barely shows up, same to the gold glitter. Womp womp.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by NaijaNYC

This color is very unique. It's somewhat of a smoky forest green with a hint of gold essence. I love wearing this color for the Fall Season. Oh, and this product stays on ALL day with primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, let me start off by saying that I didn't actually BUY Cobra, but I'd been wanting it ever since BOS Vol. 4 came out! I went to Sephora the other day, planning maybe to get it (I'd swatched it at Ulta when I was in the US a week or so back, and loved the colour but was concerned about fallout). At my age, though, there is a limit to just how many really dark/black based eye shadows I need or can realistically get any significant use from. And I also had a suspicion......a sneaking suspicion, having looked at swatches online and remembering the one on my hand, that this might be very close to a colour in the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette, so I took that palette along with me when I shopped. Lo and behold, the green based "crease colour" (the 2nd from the bottom on the right) is virtually identical to Cobra. Even the SA who came over to help me was astounded and admitted that, yeah, she wouldn't buy Cobra either if she had the WnW palette.

So, lovely looking and dramatic and desirable as Cobra is, if you already have Comfort Zone or are looking for a cheaper dupe because, like me, you don't really need another dark, dramatic shadow, check out the WnW alternative.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No