September 1, 2014 | 1845 users online

Foundations - Everyday Minerals - Jojoba Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample of this in Cream and the color match is ok but there's very little coverage. For all but my red t-zone it looks good, for my redness I have to use their powder concealer over top. It looks ok this way but it still doesn't cover my busted blood vessels on my nose. I'll just have to use something else for that. This doesn't make my face itch like BM does. I'll probably repurchase for summertime when my liquid foundation is too moist n runny.
I'm NC15-20 in MAC.
Edit:
Cream is actually too dark, it might work for me if I tan a little. I tried the semi-matte and it's so much better in coverage and color. It doesn't make my face itch either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Finding the right foundation is the cosmetic equivalent of finding the perfect pair of jeans! What an ordeal they both can be! Currently I am loving the E.M. Jojoba base in Sand. The color is a good match for me (Bare was also so close as to be almost interchangeable) and the jojoba formulation isn't too dry for my 50+ skin. My biggest problem with (liquid) foundation is getting coverage for the redness I have on my nose, cheeks, and chin without having it settle into the pores on my nose, making me look polka-dotted. I use the Sephora Mineral Foundation flat-top brush and this builds to nice, natural looking coverage of those problem areas. I am really surprised to be using a powder foundation at my age, but so far so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Eedis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to say this was very disapointing to me.
I've been using both the matte and semi matte formulas before and knew my regular EDM shade. However all of the other three formulas have the same range of shades, but the jojoba formula had its own with completely new names. This to me seems like shooting themselves in the foot when they want to launch a new product (or do they just want you to buy more samples...?). Initially irritated by this i ordered the two that seemed closest to golden fair: shell blanc and sand.
I believe this product was created to replace the original glo formula, and even though I never was a huge fan of it initially I was seduced by the jojoba-part of this new one. When I heard jojoba I was expecting it to be creamy and moisturizing, but perhaps my expectations were to high.
If the original glo was sheer, this formula is pretty much translucent. I have to use a lot to even get a slight coverage, and that just ends up looking powdery. I tried using a wet brush and mixing it with my moisturizer, but still only very very light coverage, and it was completely gone by lunch...
The texture of the semi-matte and matte formulas are quite dry compared to other mineral foundations, but this is even more dry. I somehow imagine that it isn't as finely milled as most other mineral foundations. It clings to my dry spots and makes it look even worse.
I have combination skin with some small zits here and there, redness and large pores. I do have a difficult skin type, but I was looking for something with light coverage, but I can't really recommend it as a foundation for anyone. I just couldn't help being disappointed by this product, to me it's only sufficient as a sheer tinted powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Sand and am really happy with it. While this formula made my face shiny when worn in more humid temperatures, it is great for dry North American winters. The jojoba formula gives a great glow to my skin and photographs very well in colder temperatures.

The semi matte base is great for all seasons, all climates. I haven't found anything better in terms of foundation whether mineral or non mineral, HE or drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kbrand

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yet another product I wanted to love, bit the coverage just isn't as great as bare minerals, nor are the color options. I found it difficult to blend and tried FIVE shades and all of them were wrong.

It seems other people like this which is great because I love it when small businesses succeed, but it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combo/acne-prone skin and I love this foundation as it doesn't aggravate my acne at all. EM's other mineral bases have been either too dense/cakey (semi-matte and matte) or too drying (IT base) for me, but this one is very light and has jojoba esters to counter the drying effect of the minerals, without clogging or causing breakouts. It's slightly more expensive than their other bases, but at $15 it's still very affordable! The packaging is okay, but my current one got stuck in "open" mode, making things very messy when I travel with it. I do hope they come out with more colours, but I have found a good enough match for now.

Tip: Be sure to order samples, because the colours shown on the website don't correspond well to the actual product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Overall, this foundation is really great. The best part is the finish. Completely natural and blends in with skin perfectly. If you have problems with mineral makeup looking mask like or cakey, try this!!! Doesn't get cakey unless you use more than 2 layers, and it doesn't cling to dry skin. The bad part is the coverage and color selection. It is described as a medium coverage foundation, but if you have redness it is very difficult to cover. Forget about blemishes, the powder doesn't even stick. I find I get the best results with two heavy layers buffed with the flat top brush. But this uses a lot of product. The color selection is kind of strange. The colors look super pale in the jar but go on kind of dark. I haven't had problems with oxidation but beware! Everyone should go a shade lighter. I was lucky enough to find a match with sand, my perfect match was winged butter. I think it is necessary to set this foundation because it has jojoba and the finish isn't smooth to the touch. I set with cover fx matte setting powder. The EM finishing powder works too, but it's not so fine and can make it look cakier.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a number of Everyday Minerals foundations and face powders and loved the way most of them applied and looked, but discovered that the lauroyl lysine in them was breaking me out. When they came out with this Jojoba Base, free of lauroyl lysine, I just had to try it.
Colors: Not a wide enough selection for my needs. Beware the online descriptions and get samples first! I bought the full size in Natural, described as the second lightest cool-toned shade as well as a number of samples. The natural was far to dark for me. It looked like I had applied a very light bronzer all over my face. I switched to using the sample of Alabaster, which was a better match. Upon application, Alabaster looked like a decent match, perhaps more neutral than cool, but that works for me. As it oxidized during the day it warmed up a bit too much - not orange like some mineral foundation, but just a bit warmer so it no longer looked natural on me.
Coverage: Can be layered for light-full coverage but uses a lot of product. I generally prefer light-moderate coverage and found I had to spend twice the time and product to get the same coverage as I do with other mineral foundations. If I had a good color match, I wouldn't really mind this too much as it's also half the price of most other mineral foundations.
Other stuff: Used my Alabaster sample for a week and it did not seem to clog my pores or break me out. Applied best with a flat top foundation brush, good as a finishing powder with a foundation or powder brush.
Overall: I indicated "Yes" I'd buy it again, but I likely won't - unless they come out with some more colors to try and I will get SAMPLES FIRST if this happens. A nice product, if they've got a shade for you, but I've gone back to Alima (neutral 1) as it matches my skin better and I don't have to use as much/spend as much time applying to get the coverage and finish I want.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by etain_anders

After they discontinued the Intensive line (at this point, I just assume EM will discontinue every product I like within a year), I tried samples of this. I have to admit, I loved the way it felt. It went on silky smooth, and while it did nothing for oil control, I'm used to that with all foundations. Still, while I liked the way this felt, none of the shades were really a match for me. I'm neutral/warm, but *very* light, and all the shades were too dark or pink.

Sorry, EM, I've moved on to Alima. Keep jerking your customers around, and I won't be the last.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by sofinthesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm very pale and have rosacea and very sensitive skin, I bought the shade cream, which is the lightest neutral shade, it looks a bit dark in the container and when just applied, but after a while it sets and it's the perfect shade.
I really like how it feels and it's invisible on the skin, I never though a powder foundation could give me an almost dewy look, but this does, it may be the jojoba oils.
I will repurchase in shade alabaster (lightest cool) just to see if the colour matches me better than cream.