Everyday Minerals Jojoba Foundation

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica (CI 77019), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Esters. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/23/2015 1:28:00 PM

I have been a loyal Everyday Minerals user since 2011, and managed to avoid the lauryl lysine debacle thanks to having a backup supply.

Before the introduction of the jojoba base I had been using semi-matte, which I found to blend into the skin adequately well although a tiny bit shimmery, and the matte formula, which didn't stay matte all day and could be a tiny bit splotchy. However I stuck with Everyday Minerals because the colour matched me to a T, it wasn't a liquid of cream formula, it was very reasonably priced with a huge amount of product, and I never, ever broke out with Everyday Minerals (other MM brands have failed me on this). Every product I tried outside of Everyday Minerals was only a brief affair, and I always came back.

With Jojoba, I think I can finally say that I have landed on an EM formulation that 100% works for me. The powder melts into my skin and I actually remain matte for longer than with the Matte formulation (maybe because of the jojoba dry oil?). My skin looks airbrushed with a light sweep of my brush. The coverage is quite light, but buildable if a mist fixer or setting spray is used over the final layer to help it 'melt' into the skin. However, I follow Lisa Eldridge's school of thought of using light coverage to even out skin tone and using concealer only where needed. I found that the best way to apply is with a flat top brush so it can pick up more product and disperse it evenly over the skin - a round-top kabuki may only give you the most sheerest of coverage.

The only complaint I have is the packaging - the sifter is quite ineffective and the product often clogs it. It needs more hole or bigger holes. I would also like to see Everyday Minerals release pressed powders again for travel/on-the-go touch-ups.

on 10/12/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is the best EM base formula yet. it's so creamy it does not even feel like powder. i've always found that EM mineral foundations to be a bit too drying on my skin comparing to bareminerals and other brands, but not the jojoba base, it's so comfortable to wear. The finish of the jojoba base is not nearly as shiny as the discontinued original glo base, or bareminerals original, it's the most realistic and natural looking glow on the skin i've ever seen. Coverage is light to medium, can't really be built up to any fuller. but it smooths over and covers pores much better than other formulas from EM. It will just look like your skin but more even toned and healthier rather than makeup.

on 9/25/2014 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've found that the Jojoba base is unfortunately not good for my oily skin. I've tried using different types of moisturizers before applying this product, to see if a lighter one would work better, but no. My face looks so shiny after only 3-4 hours, and the makeup comes off a little with my oil blotting sheet, even though I just pat my face with it rather than wiping. By the end of my 9-hour work day, the foundation either looks almost gone if I've used just a little, or cakey if I've used a lot. May I also add that the coverage is quite light, and for my preferred coverage, I need to pile on so much product, which then just makes the makeup look cakey when my skin gets oily throughout the day. I much prefer The All Natural Face or Monavé's foundations, because they have better coverage and last longer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin that tends to sometimes get flaky/patchy. I was apprehensive to try this because usually dry skin+powder foundation=not a good mix. But, every liquid foundation I tried was clinging to my dry patches, so I decided to order the 7 piece sample set, which was free apart from a few dollars shipping. When i put this foundation on, I couldn't believe how well it blended into my dry skin, it was almost like it melted! It feels SUPER lightweight, like I'm wearing nothing at all. I'm fair with olive undertones, and the shade "Bare" matches me great. Also, compared to other mineral makeup brands, this stuff is cheap, and is better for your skin.

on 9/4/2014 6:24:00 PM

I'm new to mineral makeup and purchased this along with the multi-tasking concealer. The two make a great pair. I'm fair skinned, and this gives a nice even tone to my face and feels very soothing. There is nothing gritty or heavy about this product. I like that I can go as sheer or opaque as I'd like by adding more. I will definitely try more of their product line.

on 7/25/2014 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought a sample of this in Cream and the color match is ok but there's very little coverage. For all but my red t-zone it looks good, for my redness I have to use their powder concealer over top. It looks ok this way but it still doesn't cover my busted blood vessels on my nose. I'll just have to use something else for that. This doesn't make my face itch like BM does. I'll probably repurchase for summertime when my liquid foundation is too moist n runny.
I'm NC15-20 in MAC.
Edit:
Cream is actually too dark, it might work for me if I tan a little. I tried the semi-matte and it's so much better in coverage and color. It doesn't make my face itch either.

on 5/15/2014 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Finding the right foundation is the cosmetic equivalent of finding the perfect pair of jeans! What an ordeal they both can be! Currently I am loving the E.M. Jojoba base in Sand. The color is a good match for me (Bare was also so close as to be almost interchangeable) and the jojoba formulation isn't too dry for my 50+ skin. My biggest problem with (liquid) foundation is getting coverage for the redness I have on my nose, cheeks, and chin without having it settle into the pores on my nose, making me look polka-dotted. I use the Sephora Mineral Foundation flat-top brush and this builds to nice, natural looking coverage of those problem areas. I am really surprised to be using a powder foundation at my age, but so far so good.

on 1/15/2014 2:22:00 PM

I have to say this was very disapointing to me.
I've been using both the matte and semi matte formulas before and knew my regular EDM shade. However all of the other three formulas have the same range of shades, but the jojoba formula had its own with completely new names. This to me seems like shooting themselves in the foot when they want to launch a new product (or do they just want you to buy more samples...?). Initially irritated by this i ordered the two that seemed closest to golden fair: shell blanc and sand.
I believe this product was created to replace the original glo formula, and even though I never was a huge fan of it initially I was seduced by the jojoba-part of this new one. When I heard jojoba I was expecting it to be creamy and moisturizing, but perhaps my expectations were to high.
If the original glo was sheer, this formula is pretty much translucent. I have to use a lot to even get a slight coverage, and that just ends up looking powdery. I tried using a wet brush and mixing it with my moisturizer, but still only very very light coverage, and it was completely gone by lunch...
The texture of the semi-matte and matte formulas are quite dry compared to other mineral foundations, but this is even more dry. I somehow imagine that it isn't as finely milled as most other mineral foundations. It clings to my dry spots and makes it look even worse.
I have combination skin with some small zits here and there, redness and large pores. I do have a difficult skin type, but I was looking for something with light coverage, but I can't really recommend it as a foundation for anyone. I just couldn't help being disappointed by this product, to me it's only sufficient as a sheer tinted powder.

on 12/31/2013 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in Sand and am really happy with it. While this formula made my face shiny when worn in more humid temperatures, it is great for dry North American winters. The jojoba formula gives a great glow to my skin and photographs very well in colder temperatures.

The semi matte base is great for all seasons, all climates. I haven't found anything better in terms of foundation whether mineral or non mineral, HE or drugstore.

on 10/13/2013 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Yet another product I wanted to love, bit the coverage just isn't as great as bare minerals, nor are the color options. I found it difficult to blend and tried FIVE shades and all of them were wrong.

It seems other people like this which is great because I love it when small businesses succeed, but it's not for me.