November 24, 2014 | 1236 users online

Mascara - It Cosmetics - Hello Lashes! 5-in-1 volumizing

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. The wand is really weird and the formula tends to clump around the brush. It didn't really do much to volumize my lashes. I really love Tightline, so I wanted to love this mascara but ultimately it's just a letdown. My lashes look spidery and yucky when I wear it. Definitely not what I was hoping for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, add me to the list of those who had the little ball on the end of the wand break off. With that out of the way, I'll express my thoughts on the product itself:

I indicated that I would repurchase this, because I would like to, and would do so if it weren't so pricey.
I got a trial size, and love the way it works with a light layer of my Blinc tubing mascara over it, because that combination gives me very long, thick, jet black lashes that hold a curl well, and leave no dark smudges on my VERY oily skin.

I also love the fact that IT Cosmetics is cruelty-free, but I hesitate to pay $24 for an "auxiliary" mascara. So we'll have to see ...
UPDATE: Not surprisingly, vanity won out over practicality, so I *am* going to buy this again regularly. Nothing else seems to give my lashes such a boost, and I was routinely paying at least $20 or so for an under-mascara primer, so I figure Hello, Lashes will just become my slightly pricey "primer." I prefer a black primer, anyhow, and I can deal with the cost. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice mascara for volume and darkening. I use it over my IT Tightline mascara primer and it makes my lashes look dense, long, fluttery and BLACK! Doesnt seem to flake smudge or run.
The brush is a bit weird. They put that spiky ball right on the end of the wand and I dont trust it! Im afraid Ill poke myself with it or it will come off.
The tube has that NARS rubbery stuff on it that makes my skin crawl to touch it.
Otherwise nice mascara and Id repurchase if they kept the formula and changed the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like, not love, it. I don't see what all the hype is about. It made my lashes clump together and the tube is unattractive and looks like a chubby ink pen. I've gotten similar results from $5-6 mascara. And this stuff is hard to remove!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Graciegirl2

I really liked this mascara, although I just have the sample size that came in my QVC Beauty Box. I've used it everyday for a week with no problems...no smudging, flaking, or turning under my eyes black. (and I wore it while kickboxing and sweating heavily) I use a decent mascara remover before washing my face so no issue there either. The ball on the end was very good at getting the tiny lashes in the corner of the upper eye. At first it was weird but I got used to it. Long, glossy lashes for me. I've never curled my lashes ever...never needed to or wanted to so I can't say as to how it works for that. Overall I'm happy and will probably purchase the full size.

UPDATE: The damn little Ball on the end broke off on mine too! and I was really careful w/it because I'd heard it happens more often than not. WTF! I'd bet there isn't One of these things sold that doesn't have that problem. Bad design Flaw! Hope they fix it. Not sure I'm going to spend $24 on a full tube anymore. I still like the formula just not happy about them selling a product w/a known defect to the brush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by youngbeautyxo

I don't understand why people hate this! I think its one of the best mascaras I've ever used! My lashes get super long. Definitely repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Worth trying in a kit, but I wouldn't buy it individually. The wand is strange. The ball on the end broke off in the tube. Average length and volume and doesn't smudge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually like this mascara- I use it over my rimmel lash accelerator one so maybe that is why I like it better than some. It definitely helps curl my lashes upward and makes them appear longer. It does flake a bit which is why I took off one lippie but I still really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by xoxomalak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was okay at first. It made my lashes okay not too long. It didn't make much of a difference than my loreal lashblast does. Well what really just killed my desire to like this was my eyes a got a little watery because im sick. sooo once my eyes watered, they started burning. Like to the point where it was so uncomfortable. Well then I went to the mirror, and what was there? A huuuuuge dark circle of marcara under my eyes! Mind you, I only put this mascara on my top lashes, not my bottoms! It took 15 minutes to remove it. It was the worst mascara experiance I have ever tried. I dont have sensitive eyes either. Will not, ever purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Makeupkitty83

A big let down for me (I'm an avid it cosmetics supporter). Made my eyelashes look stumpy and no better than a cheap drug store dupe. Won't be buying any mascara from it cosmetics again. It literally felt like a three month old used mascara although it was completely brand new!