October 30, 2014 | 1653 users online

Styling Products - Macadamia Natural Oil - Reviving Curl Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by MakeupSalley

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must admit I thought the packaging was nice, and the price seemed reasonable. My rating of 2/5 on price might seem misleading since I gave the product one star - I gave it an extra star because if the product is satisfactory to another customer, the price would be in the OK range.

But this product not only did nothing to encourage curls, it left my hair feeling lifeless. It goes on kind of gummy, too, and just makes my hair look dull. Funny smell, too. All in all, not a product I'd buy again! So sorry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this on Strawberry.net and brought it, thinking it could help bring out more of my natural curls which it somewhat did but sometimes I would find hair clumped together or even that crunchy texture which just doesn't feel or look good.

The smell is nice, last all day or till you brush your hair again after it is dried.

I did have an issue with the packaging, the lid just stopped closing properly which led to dried up products around the hole so I ended up tossing it sooner than I wanted to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by CWHF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very curly somewhat fine hair (3c/4a mix). I don't normally use a styling product but this was on sale BOGO with another product I wanted to try so I picked it up. I was very pleasantly surprised by the results; it gives me wonderfully defined (but not super tight) glossy curls that hold up to second and third day hair without weighing my fine hair down. I use it on soaking wet hair after rinsing out my conditioner (Jessicurl Aloeba) and a little goes a long way; if you overapply I suspect you will have big problems. I usually 2 small (dime to nickel sized) puddles and scrunch and smooth it on and let my hair air dry. I have gotten more compliments on my hair since starting to use this that I have in years. I suspect it is not very moisturizing on its own, so be sure you are using a good conditioner paired with this. It seems to wash out easily (I follow a low poo regimen with Kinky Curly Come Clean).

The only negatives for me are the smell (very strong chemical perfume-y smell but fortunately fades quickly) and the packaging. I got the travel size and it is so hard to flip open. I will solve that by getting the larger pump size next time. The price is fair because a little goes a long way; for the travel size I have been using it regularly (3-4 times/wk) since late December and 7 weeks later still have at least half a bottle left. Worth a try for curlies.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by catnip32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read rave reviews about this on Amazon. I got frizzy curls, my hair felt sticky and the smell was gross. To me it smelled like ammonia and banana peels. I'll stick to foxy curls by TIGI

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this but I wont be repurchasing.

I got this in a 2oz tube as an Ulta Reward. So, I can't speak of the price. The product's smell reminds me of banana peels.

I was/am looking for something to help my fine wavy/curly hair in the summer, to define and give me soft curls and shine. While I did think the product worked well to give me the results I was looking for, it dried out my hair and had issues with tangling which I don't normally have. So my search continues.