Macadamia Natural Oil Reviving Curl Cream

2.2

on 10/8/2014 3:37:00 PM

I must admit I thought the packaging was nice, and the price seemed reasonable. My rating of 2/5 on price might seem misleading since I gave the product one star - I gave it an extra star because if the product is satisfactory to another customer, the price would be in the OK range.

But this product not only did nothing to encourage curls, it left my hair feeling lifeless. It goes on kind of gummy, too, and just makes my hair look dull. Funny smell, too. All in all, not a product I'd buy again! So sorry.

on 6/16/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I found this on Strawberry.net and brought it, thinking it could help bring out more of my natural curls which it somewhat did but sometimes I would find hair clumped together or even that crunchy texture which just doesn't feel or look good.

The smell is nice, last all day or till you brush your hair again after it is dried.

I did have an issue with the packaging, the lid just stopped closing properly which led to dried up products around the hole so I ended up tossing it sooner than I wanted to.

on 2/8/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have very curly somewhat fine hair (3c/4a mix). I don't normally use a styling product but this was on sale BOGO with another product I wanted to try so I picked it up. I was very pleasantly surprised by the results; it gives me wonderfully defined (but not super tight) glossy curls that hold up to second and third day hair without weighing my fine hair down. I use it on soaking wet hair after rinsing out my conditioner (Jessicurl Aloeba) and a little goes a long way; if you overapply I suspect you will have big problems. I usually 2 small (dime to nickel sized) puddles and scrunch and smooth it on and let my hair air dry. I have gotten more compliments on my hair since starting to use this that I have in years. I suspect it is not very moisturizing on its own, so be sure you are using a good conditioner paired with this. It seems to wash out easily (I follow a low poo regimen with Kinky Curly Come Clean).

The only negatives for me are the smell (very strong chemical perfume-y smell but fortunately fades quickly) and the packaging. I got the travel size and it is so hard to flip open. I will solve that by getting the larger pump size next time. The price is fair because a little goes a long way; for the travel size I have been using it regularly (3-4 times/wk) since late December and 7 weeks later still have at least half a bottle left. Worth a try for curlies.

on 8/21/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I read rave reviews about this on Amazon. I got frizzy curls, my hair felt sticky and the smell was gross. To me it smelled like ammonia and banana peels. I'll stick to foxy curls by TIGI

on 6/20/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I really wanted to like this but I wont be repurchasing.

I got this in a 2oz tube as an Ulta Reward. So, I can't speak of the price. The product's smell reminds me of banana peels.

I was/am looking for something to help my fine wavy/curly hair in the summer, to define and give me soft curls and shine. While I did think the product worked well to give me the results I was looking for, it dried out my hair and had issues with tangling which I don't normally have. So my search continues.

Popular Styling Products