Maybelline color sensation Smooth Taupe

3.5

on 12/24/2013 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love the color, it is so perfect for my lips. Price is affordable and is pretty much what drove me to buy this product. However, I recently read that there is a significant level of lead in this lipstick which influenced my review. Hence I doubt I will repurchase this product.

on 10/16/2012 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a great "concealer" lips lipstick. Hard to find that kind of product, surprisingly. I have very pigmented lips, and this helps to block out some of the color. Too bad it was LE : (

on 10/12/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

While this lipstick most definitely has a very strong plastic smell, it is undoubtedly one of the best nudes in the drugstore. It's a pale cool toned, lilac based nude. It's veryvery pale, but I prefer my nudes pale- it's easier to darken them with other lip products. If you find that it's too pale for you, simply use it to manipulate other darker colors. The packaging is a matte, pale purple color that I absolutely love!- unfortunately it's part of the limited edition Porcelain Collection. I'm not sure when it was released, but I'm still finding them all over my town, most of them on clearance. In fact, I bought this one for 65 cents with a coupon!

on 9/20/2012 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

As a cool-toned gal with pigmented lips, I'm always on the hunt for a lippie that tones down (note that I didn't say conceals) my lip color. I'm always hoping for a magic lipstick (or gloss) that turns my mauve pigmented lips into Kim K baby pink lips.

I thought this color might be too light. I swiped the color on and ran my finger around my lips to blend it in. Waited a few moments for the color to meld and yes, girls, we're a getting pretty close to Darn Good here. It made my lips look like a soft pink with a tinge of lilac. I did apply clear gloss over top.

on 7/22/2012 11:46:00 PM

OMG! So I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick! & I FINALLY found it & it's LIMITED!! Grrrrr!! I'm so in LOVE I don't even want to wear it. It's gorgeous..I just got it a few days ago & have had complaints on it. <3

on 6/19/2012 10:01:00 PM

I can't find the review for "Smooth Taupe" but I think this review applies to ALL of this line of lipstick. First and foremost, it has a HORRIBLE taste to it. Never have I had a lipstick taste so terrible. Second I purchased the Smooth Taupe and it looked like I had taken Mylanta and forgotten to wipe my mouth. So much for "taupe" color. I actually liked the packaging - the tube had a cool color with a smooth feeling cap on it - but ugh I was so disappointed. Don't waste your $$
Will not purchase AGAIN in ANY color - the taste is terrible!

Popular Lipsticks