November 27, 2014 | 1602 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - color sensation Smooth Taupe

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by etpapillon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the color, it is so perfect for my lips. Price is affordable and is pretty much what drove me to buy this product. However, I recently read that there is a significant level of lead in this lipstick which influenced my review. Hence I doubt I will repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a great "concealer" lips lipstick. Hard to find that kind of product, surprisingly. I have very pigmented lips, and this helps to block out some of the color. Too bad it was LE : (

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While this lipstick most definitely has a very strong plastic smell, it is undoubtedly one of the best nudes in the drugstore. It's a pale cool toned, lilac based nude. It's veryvery pale, but I prefer my nudes pale- it's easier to darken them with other lip products. If you find that it's too pale for you, simply use it to manipulate other darker colors. The packaging is a matte, pale purple color that I absolutely love!- unfortunately it's part of the limited edition Porcelain Collection. I'm not sure when it was released, but I'm still finding them all over my town, most of them on clearance. In fact, I bought this one for 65 cents with a coupon!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Linatha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As a cool-toned gal with pigmented lips, I'm always on the hunt for a lippie that tones down (note that I didn't say conceals) my lip color. I'm always hoping for a magic lipstick (or gloss) that turns my mauve pigmented lips into Kim K baby pink lips.

I thought this color might be too light. I swiped the color on and ran my finger around my lips to blend it in. Waited a few moments for the color to meld and yes, girls, we're a getting pretty close to Darn Good here. It made my lips look like a soft pink with a tinge of lilac. I did apply clear gloss over top.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Kristin12288

OMG! So I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick! & I FINALLY found it & it's LIMITED!! Grrrrr!! I'm so in LOVE I don't even want to wear it. It's gorgeous..I just got it a few days ago & have had complaints on it. <3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

I can't find the review for "Smooth Taupe" but I think this review applies to ALL of this line of lipstick. First and foremost, it has a HORRIBLE taste to it. Never have I had a lipstick taste so terrible. Second I purchased the Smooth Taupe and it looked like I had taken Mylanta and forgotten to wipe my mouth. So much for "taupe" color. I actually liked the packaging - the tube had a cool color with a smooth feeling cap on it - but ugh I was so disappointed. Don't waste your $$
Will not purchase AGAIN in ANY color - the taste is terrible!