Butter London Lippy (all shades)

3.5

I only have this in Ruby Murray, more a berry-wine shade. It was on sale for $10 at Ulta, and I liked the swatch when I tested it on my arm, so I thought why not.

I do like this. It's a very pretty color. You can apply a bit for a hint of color or a bit more for more opacity. It's got a nice glassy shine and feels decent. I find the formula to be more sticky than moisturizing in feel. But I don't find it drying, either, just sticky, which can be distracting. On me it wears off pretty evenly. It's beautiful, and I'm happy it's not really flavored (though there's a bit of vanilla-like scent). I'd be happier if it felt more moisturizing and less sticky, though.

This is for the Lippy Liquid Lipstick by Butter London. I bought this at Ulta as a beauty steal. I bought it in Toff and Ruby Murray. I find it has more staying power than a gloss alone. For the darker shade, Ruby Murray, I use a lip pencil/primer and it lasts and won't feather. Without any lip liner it does feather. I took a star off for it being very sticky though I do find it to be moisturizing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's really a shame because these liquid lipsticks come in a wide variety of beautiful colors, but the formula could be used as an industrial bonder. I have this in Yummy Mummy, and every time I think "maybe I'll use this one today, it won't be so bad" I end up gluing my lips together. One of these days I'm going to learn my lesson about trying things over and over again expecting a different result.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have this in Yummy Mummy and I absolutely love it. It is very moisturizing and long lasting. The slightly gray tone tones down the natural rose of my lips and makes them look fuller. My only beef is that the tube is so airtight (or something) that extra gloss always ends up getting deposited in the screw cap area, if that makes sense. I noticed it on the sample glosses at Ulta as well. I haven't branched out into the other colors much, because I prefer a very toned down nude look. Tea with the Queen looks like it might be do-able. These are worth the money IMO, because the product is such high quality. I also love my Yummy Mummy nail polish too!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this lipstick/gloss at TJ Maxx for $3.99, and I am very glad I did not pay full price for it! I got it in the color "Macbeth" which is a bright reddish-pink color. The formula is very goopy and sticky and it's tricky to apply it smoothly. The only way I could get it to look good was to blot it with a tissue and then cover it with a different sheer gloss that I own.

My biggest problem with this product is the smell and the taste of it. It has a very chemical taste and a weird smell that just won't go away while you're wearing it.

I will probably toss this one and be grateful I didn't spend $18 on it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in the shade "Trout Pout" which is a beautiful warm pink. The color was right up my alley, however the formula was so awful I ended up tossing this lip gloss. Which is a shame given the price.

The formula is be far the stickiest I've ever used. It reminds me of a drugstore liquid lipstick from the 90s... before makeup evolved for the better into what it is today. I *love* sticky formulas because it always feels moisturizing and lasts longer. However this was bad. It literally felt like I was applying glue to my lips. I could feel the gloss sitting there until I wiped it off out of frustration.

I don't regret throwing it away. And I sure as hell would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in JAFFA, a vibrant orangey coral -- a gorgeous bold lip color for summer. Problem is, I bought this expecting the "liquid lipstick" the product name promised. In reality, it's a tacky gloss that both doesn't last long on the lips AND stains the lip perimeter after a couple of hours. The application is also a pain: I have to drag the wand hard across my lips and re-dip again and again to wipe on enough color. In other words: this product was both disappointing AND high-maintenance. The color is beautiful, though!

I bought the color Ruby Murray, which normally retails for around $18, on clearance it was approximately $10. The normal cost is an OK price; for lip gloss I would say its a bit pricy. For that reason, I was excited to have found it on clearance. In the bottle its a lovely purple color that would work on a variety of skin tones. When applied it tones down quite a bit unless you apply a liberal amount of gloss to whole lip. On top of that it takes a lot of work to make the color appear evenly; I more times than not have to smooth it over with my finger (which is just gross). I also found that the gloss will stick to any and all imperfections on the lip. As far a surviving a meal it does Ok. You can still tell that you have something on you lips but the color will have faded further and there's more times than not food bits that stick to it (again that's just gross). Another problem that I had was when I pursed my lips the gloss seemed to stick to just one lip making my lips looked 2 toned.
I love the packaging though! Its the perfect kind of bottle (tub?) to be set out on a vanity. Not only do you know what color it's supposed to be but the casing is just so shiny and new!

I bought this in "tea with the queen" it's overall texture and color is gorgeous as a nude. The pricing is a little bit high for a gloss but it lasts me for months at a time and I wear it almost everyday.

Hi all,

as you might see from previous reviews, I only write a review if I am really happy with a product.

This lip gloss is just great.

Bought it at the airport in the duty free arena, one of these spontanous buys that either end really badly ("why did I get such crap?") or turn out to be a real discovery. The Butter lip gloss luckily ended up in the latter category.

The colour cought my eye, I got one that is called Toff. Nice dark rose, more to the brown side. Darker than what I usually wear, but still looks natural, so I got it.

Tastes delicious, slightly fruity I find, but am not good in describing tastes. Like it though. Also find that it does not smell funny.

And it looks grand. Colour is very rich and deep but exactly along the expectations, so nothing too bright for me. Stays on quite long, depends of course whether you eat or drink in between.

Will definitely watch out for the company (that I didn't know before) now again to check out some more of their products.

Always happy to pay a bit more if the quality is right.

Greetings from Belgium :)

Recommended for Medium Skin