August 1, 2014 | 1889 users online

Moisturizers - Vichy - Normaderm Triple Action Anti-Acne Hydrating Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first Vichy product. I have acne and heard about this a few times so decided to try it. This has a light, refreshing scent and a gel-like texture. It smooths in pretty well and leaves the skin with a semi-matte/semi-moisturizing feel. I find in the warmer months this worked well for me. Once the weather changes and winter approaches this was too drying for my skin and I had to stop using it. The packaging is nice with the pump. I felt like there was no waste to this product and I was not contaminating the moisturizer. So for me this product is an ok product, but not a great product because I cannot use it year-round.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Amie83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this last week on a whim, and so thrilled that I did ! I have dehydrated, fair, skin with rosacea : i flush when I exercise, get stressed, have hot drinks, spicy food and even when I eat on an empty stomach, so I was wary of trying this due to the salicylic acid etc. But since I also get hormonal acne, small whiteheads and blackheads, decided to give it a shot. After a week : no irritation, reduced redness, no more whiteheads, super moisturized and smaller pores. I can now go out without foundation or bb cream. Super excited ! Ps i only use at night and pair with cetaphil & neutrogena pure and mild sunscreen daytime

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by xodrifter

This product did nothing for me. It did not improve my acne and it wasn't that moisturizing. The texture is like a typical gel type moisturizer. That was nice because it is pretty lightweight. What I liked was the cucumber smell. It's a pleasant scent. But for the price of $25 a bottle, it is not worth it to me. There are cheaper moisturizers at the drugstore that perform better than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by MKC1011

I've done the skin analysis from Vichy and they tell me that I've combination skin and suggest me to use the Normaderm line. I actually have de-hydrated but oily skin. I have break out maybe 1 in 2 weeks, and it get worst whenever the weather changes. I've been using this for about a week but I keep having break out which are worst than before and clogged pores on my face. I stop using this product for a while and go back to my regular product. I give this another shot later but it just doesn't work on me. I guess this is really for acne pore who has serious break out?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jaseyrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why this gets such bad reviews!
It's a gentle hydrating lotion that is good for dry skin that gets breakouts.
I chose this over other moisturizers with salicylic acid because it has a lower percentage.
I don't use this every day, it is a little too drying for me to use every day, but I keep it on hand for when I'm having extra breakouts, or during that time of the month. I use this as a treatment moisturizer at night and it clears up my face right away. When I wake up in the morning all of the red pimples I had are significantly reduced.
I think the price could be a few dollars cheaper.
I know I've read reviews where people have complained about the smell, but I actually really like the smell of this. I also like that it has glycolic acid, which will help acne marks not scar and to go away quicker (also helps with fine lines and wrinkles!)
I think of this more as an acne treatment than a moisturizer, and it works well for me using it that way.
This does not work well under makeup, even though it says it does on the box.
My boyfriend isn't really into skincare products, but this is one product he actually likes.
When he's having breakouts, he'll say, "Where's that Vichy stuff?"

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lanid06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. It did nothing for my blackheads, it clogges your pores so more blackheads form. this is way to expensive and a terrible product. The packaging is also terrible, after your done using the product, if you cut open it, there will be even more product.
NEVER BUY THIS

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by fisek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I used this product a few years ago and I was very disappointed. It had no mattifying effect whatsoever (it even added a shine), didn't prevent acne breakouts and didn't even hydrate my skin.
I decided to give it a second chance a few years later, with the improved formula. Even worse! still shine, pimples and no moisture, but with an awful texture and smell as a bonus! the smell is very heavy and kind of like a cheap deodorant. the lotion does not penetrate and sort of flakes up when I apply makeup.
Worst purchase ever!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

The fragrance is INTENSE and bad. Like old lady perfume. I can't stand even a dot of it on my face because of the heavy artificial scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by prettyvalerina

i like this stuff. it doesn't go on greasy or oily at all. it doesn't even feel heavy when applying. it doesn't have a weird or bad fragrance either, which is very good. it absorbs quickly. i don't see that it mattifies though, not on me anyway. but it does seem to prevent acne and dry current blemishes. i also noticed that it seemed to make my skin feel so much smoother, as a result i also noticed that my foundations seemed to apply better, therefore i was using less to cover up the bad spots. so all in all, id say the price is fine if the product actually does what it claims to do. so far, im satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by sunsesame

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product when looking for an oil-free moisturiser that would be better for the winter months. It goes on beautifully, I felt like my skin was really being moisturised..especially compared to other oil-free moisturisers that i've tried.
However, after a few days this moisturiser made me break out in little red blemishes all over my jaw and neck. Not sure whats in this, since the Vichy saleswomen assured me it was great for acne-prone skin. After two weeks, the bumps would not subside. I had to discontinue. Pretty disappointing.