April 18, 2014 | 1957 users online

Moisturizers - Vichy - Normaderm Triple Action Anti-Acne Hydrating Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Amie83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this last week on a whim, and so thrilled that I did ! I have dehydrated, fair, skin with rosacea : i flush when I exercise, get stressed, have hot drinks, spicy food and even when I eat on an empty stomach, so I was wary of trying this due to the salicylic acid etc. But since I also get hormonal acne, small whiteheads and blackheads, decided to give it a shot. After a week : no irritation, reduced redness, no more whiteheads, super moisturized and smaller pores. I can now go out without foundation or bb cream. Super excited ! Ps i only use at night and pair with cetaphil & neutrogena pure and mild sunscreen daytime

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by xodrifter

This product did nothing for me. It did not improve my acne and it wasn't that moisturizing. The texture is like a typical gel type moisturizer. That was nice because it is pretty lightweight. What I liked was the cucumber smell. It's a pleasant scent. But for the price of $25 a bottle, it is not worth it to me. There are cheaper moisturizers at the drugstore that perform better than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by MKC1011

I've done the skin analysis from Vichy and they tell me that I've combination skin and suggest me to use the Normaderm line. I actually have de-hydrated but oily skin. I have break out maybe 1 in 2 weeks, and it get worst whenever the weather changes. I've been using this for about a week but I keep having break out which are worst than before and clogged pores on my face. I stop using this product for a while and go back to my regular product. I give this another shot later but it just doesn't work on me. I guess this is really for acne pore who has serious break out?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jaseyrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why this gets such bad reviews!
It's a gentle hydrating lotion that is good for dry skin that gets breakouts.
I chose this over other moisturizers with salicylic acid because it has a lower percentage. I try not to use anything over 1% salicylic acid because even though I get break outs, I have very dry skin.
I don't use this every day, it is too drying for me to use every day, but I keep it on hand for when I'm having extra breakouts, or during that time of the month. I use this as a treatment moisturizer at night and it clears up my face right away. When I wake up in the morning all of the red pimples I had are significantly reduced.
I think the price could be a few dollars cheaper.
I know I've read reviews where people have complained about the smell, but I actually really like the smell of this. I also like that it has glycolic acid, which will help acne marks not scar and to go away quicker (also helps with fine lines and wrinkles!)
I think of this more as an acne treatment than a moisturizer, and it works well for me using it that way.
This does not work well under makeup, even though it says it does on the box.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lanid06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. It did nothing for my blackheads, it clogges your pores so more blackheads form. this is way to expensive and a terrible product. The packaging is also terrible, after your done using the product, if you cut open it, there will be even more product.
NEVER BUY THIS

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by fisek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I used this product a few years ago and I was very disappointed. It had no mattifying effect whatsoever (it even added a shine), didn't prevent acne breakouts and didn't even hydrate my skin.
I decided to give it a second chance a few years later, with the improved formula. Even worse! still shine, pimples and no moisture, but with an awful texture and smell as a bonus! the smell is very heavy and kind of like a cheap deodorant. the lotion does not penetrate and sort of flakes up when I apply makeup.
Worst purchase ever!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

The fragrance is INTENSE and bad. Like old lady perfume. I can't stand even a dot of it on my face because of the heavy artificial scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by prettyvalerina

i like this stuff. it doesn't go on greasy or oily at all. it doesn't even feel heavy when applying. it doesn't have a weird or bad fragrance either, which is very good. it absorbs quickly. i don't see that it mattifies though, not on me anyway. but it does seem to prevent acne and dry current blemishes. i also noticed that it seemed to make my skin feel so much smoother, as a result i also noticed that my foundations seemed to apply better, therefore i was using less to cover up the bad spots. so all in all, id say the price is fine if the product actually does what it claims to do. so far, im satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by sunsesame

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product when looking for an oil-free moisturiser that would be better for the winter months. It goes on beautifully, I felt like my skin was really being moisturised..especially compared to other oil-free moisturisers that i've tried.
However, after a few days this moisturiser made me break out in little red blemishes all over my jaw and neck. Not sure whats in this, since the Vichy saleswomen assured me it was great for acne-prone skin. After two weeks, the bumps would not subside. I had to discontinue. Pretty disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

about this product (from ulta website):
Description
Formulated to minimize side effects. 3-in-1: Clears Acne, Mattifies, Hydrates.
Oil-free hydration clinically proven to fight the cycle of acne imperfections. Clears blemishes and blackheads and helps prevent new ones from forming, purifies and helps control oils. Skin feels soft and comfortable. Ingredient Innovation: Salicylic Acid, Zincadone+, highly effective ingredient-complex to control oils and clear imperfections. Patented Intra-Pore Technology, micro-exfoliates, purifies skin and soothes inflammation. In easily absorbed, lightweight, oil-free texture. Results: Immediately, purified and perfectly hydrated skin. In 4 weeks, complexion is visibly transformed, blemish-free, shine-free and clear. Helps prevent new blemishes from forming. Dermatological Standards: Allergy tested. Tested on sensitive skin under dermatological control. Non-comedogenic.

Directions
Cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying product. Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer, one to three times daily. Because too much drying of the skin may occour, start with one applicatio daily, then gradually increase to two or three more times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor. If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce appication to once a day or every other day.

Product Type
Lotion

Feature
Allergy Tested

Feature
Non-Comedogenic

Ingredients
Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1%.
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Aqua, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Nylon-66, Pentaeryrythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycolic Acid, Silicia, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Blue 1, Isohexadecane, Divinyledimethicone/Dimethicone, Copolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Perlite, Poloxamer 338, Disodium Edta, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Fragrance.
___________________________________________________

background about my skin:
i finally got my skin under control by using dermalogica overnight clearing gel, indoxyl, and peter thomas roth de-spot, alpha hydrox nourishing cleanser, ddf pumice acne scrub, alpha hydrox toner, and the olay pro-x brush. it took 3 months, i still have some hyper pigmentation and a few small pock marks.

reason for purchase:
i bought vichy normaderm because i felt that it could replace all of the products i had been using before (mentioned above).

result:
when i used it alone, i woke up looking greasy- like REALLY greasy and shiny! i had never seen my face look like that before! it was like i rubbed oil all over my face! BUT i did not break out.

when i used it over freederm i woke up with far less oil. but did find myself having to blot during the day (which hadn't been a problem for me in years). BUT i did find a few bumps below my lip (where a labret piercing would be).

when i used it over acnevir there was no oil at all. i have yet to see the bumps disappear but then again its only day 2 of trying this combo.

about the peeling:
i had not noticed any peeling when applying make up. after reading the reviews i looked in the mirror and started to rub my face (lol) and yes it did start to roll up into little pieces. BUT when i applied my dr. jart beauty balm i never saw this side effect, in fact the balm when on flawlessly. make up stayed matte for most of the day.

claims:
i have only been using this product for about 3 weeks, i have not seen a reduction in pore size, even tone, etc. BUT i have also not experienced any negative side effects.

repurchase:
if i am pleased with results once I've finished the product i will repurchase. if i do not see any improvement or see negative side effects i will try something else that might be comparable to the arsenal of products i used before.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No