November 28, 2014 | 848 users online

Cleansers - Raw Honey

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dont buy into the whole "food on your face" crunchy/greenwashing bull. If it worked ever they'd still be using it today. Aleppo soap is a 2000 year old formula. Humankind figured out how to *make* soap. Why regress to something so messy and ineffective? I admit I tried this once or twice. But like the whole oil cleansing thing...it didn't work. In fact, it was a just an awful mess and a horrid experiment.

Just a note on the OCM. "like dissolves like" works on pavement and painted surfaces. Not on human skin. Oil is not soluble in oil any more than it is in water. Solubility is not to be confused with the ability to dissolve or liquefy a substance, because the solution might occur not only because of dissolution but also because of a chemical reaction. Start thinking about what you are using on your skin in terms of molecular weight and potential of hydrogen. Not one of us has the same chemical composition as another; thus everyone's skin has a different chemical mix forming the acid mantle and lipid barrier. Get it, Kids?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Tpoortier

Ok so I have very acne prone, sensitive, dry skin. When I first heard about honey I was so scared to try it because I thought it would completely break me out. But this gitl on youtube raved about it and so i decidednto try it out. I grabbed the only honey I had in the house which was organic but not raw.. I put it all over my face and left it on for an hour. I did this every night for about a week, I noticed all my redness going away, it helped with my scars, but did nothing for my dry skin. In fact I feel like it made me more dry..

In the mornings I washed my face with the cetaphil antibacterial bar soup, then I use the nivea creme on my face. Then at night time I washed my makeup off with the cetaphil soap and put honey on for an hour. Last night I went out and bought the raw honey and I imediatly noticed my skin change. No dry flaky spots, no redness, smaller pimples. I love this stuff, I wish I know about it back in my highschool days. I will never use a different skin routine. This definitely works for me. I'm sorry for those of you it didn't help :( I'm sure you will find something, keep researching natural remedies!

Also, give it a few days or weeks to work its magic. I've done a lot of research on it and it will sometimes break you out before it starts to help. So don't give up too quickly!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by aligator

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using organic raw honey for a few years now mostly as a face wash but sometimes as a mask if I have the time. I like the kind of raw honey that is crystallized because I feel like it exfoliates my skin as I'm washing my face! I take a little bit from the jar with a disposable knife and spread it all over a slightly wet face. The water helps it apply easier or else it's really sticky. It's cheap, organic and the only thing I will ever use for face wash! I love raw honey!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by sarahi15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

awesome for my dehydated skin. helps my skin keep moiaturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by daria33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do a honey mask/face massage every once in a while, and it's great. I just did one with thick buckwheat honey, and my pores look super clean. I should do this more often. I also want to try mixing it with ground flaxseed and maybe even some almond oil and doing a mild scrub/mask--something I heard about that sounds intriguing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't tell you if it's a good facial cleanser or not because I keep eating mine. I CAN tell you it's delicious, good for sore throats and cough and upset stomachs.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Michelle1642

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this, and I do in some way, but the honey/face wash did not work for me. Maybe it was the particular brand that I was using (I am using raw Manuka honey), but it caused my face to breakout,and not just any type of acne, but really big cysts :( I had to stop the honey. I thought at some point that it could be the combination of honey/argan oil/aloe vera in my new routine, so I stopped everything. I just washed my face with my Origins face wash for one day and then nothing but water for the rest of the week. Thankfully, my face improved a lot and looked better again. I then decided to give Manuka honey another try, and I used it as a mask for 15 minutes, I loved how clear and bright my skin was afterwards, and I swear that the acne scars that I have were actually disappearing. I thought this could be how I can use finally make use of raw honey, as a mask once a week, but then, I noticed a HUGE cyst on my chin next day, and I mean HUGE. I really am discouraged now and I know I will never use it again. I might want to experiment again later, but this time probably with regular raw honey. Sometimes we really want to love a product and we're really disappointed when it works wonders with others and not with us, but it's just about listening to our body and give it what it wants instead of sticking to a rigid routine that can sometimes do more harm than good.
I would probably buy good regular honey again (not pricey Manuka) because it's yummy and also to make my sugar/olive oil/honey lip scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I use raw local honey about 3xs a week. I have tried it both with and without makeup and with or without wetting my face first. In my case, honey takes off my face makeup (i use olive oil as my eye makeup remover). I really prefer not to wet my face first. I just put some in my palm, wash normally, rinse with water, use acv toner, and end with cerave pm lotion. My skin is smooth and radiant. Maybe one day I will use every night, but not now... I'll work my way there. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Art4Cara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Just starting to use raw honey in combo with extra-virgin coconut oil as a cleanser, since even CeraVe and Aquaglycolic Cleansers were starting to dry me out. I already had the coconut oil(Trader Joe's - exc. quality and great price), and just got Trader Joe's raw honey. I've been mixing equal parts of both in a tiny tiny bowl - just enough for a few applications while I'm test-driving - I can change the proportions if I need to.I've only been on this combo for 3 days, but I noticed an immediate difference in the hydration of my skin. Anything that I put on works better. It really feels like my skin is being fed with this combo. Since I'm test-driving this, it's a little early for a real verdict, but so far I'm loving it! I'm leaning more toward going back to simpler natural products for at least part of my routine, if not all. Transitioning gradually now, in that when I use my commercial stuff up, I might not replace it. It depends on how this combo works for me over the next month. I do have older, combo, reactive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by brighteyesgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing the Trader Joe's Organic, Natural honey. I bought this to try because I was sick of nothing working for me. Everything breaks me out! I tried Cerave, Cetaphil and Dove soap, etc. They were either too drying and broke me out, so I decided to try an all natural skin care routine. I used honey for about 9 weeks now and at first, I was breaking out alot. I would wake up every single day with a new pimple. Some were very large, some were itchy and small. It just an on going battle. This happened for about 7 weeks and finally it stopped!
I still break out, but not everyday. Also, I notice the honey heals my pimples really quickly. Within two days, they're gone!! I have sensitive, combo with hormonal acne skin.
I would suggest this for anyone who is not allergic to honey and if you do, try to give it a chance.