Clinique Soft concealer

3.2

on 2/10/2008 8:06:00 PM

Sometimes I consider trying another concealer but I keep going back to this one. I really feel like it helps reflect the light and conceal my under-eye circles which is all I use it for. It's very smooth and soft on the skin. A little goes a long way. The packaging is a little annoying since it is in a tube and I feel like I can never get the last bit of product out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

im not much of a concealer person but this one is really good! i borrowed it from my sister who uses it (and luvs it) for dark circles.works great for spots and zits and isnt drying like most other concealers.if ur 1 of those (lucky) people with good skin but need to cover dark cirlces or occasional breakouts and imperfections,then this is for u.or if ur having one of those lazy days but need something quick and easy for touch ups then dab this on.if only there was a foundation just like this!i use it in fair.i think its around $17 but its hard to find cuz its discontinued at most carsons and macys.

on 6/4/2006 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I first fell for this product because of it's adorable packaging (what can I say? I'm a sucker for small, cute things!) I have it in the lightest shade, which is just right for me. It doesn't go orangey during the day, but it does dry up and announce any fine lines I have under my eyes, plus making it look as though I have quite a few extra. (And I'm a teenager!) The tube is very convenient, and I can squeeze out the amount I want with no fuss and no mess. While it does seperate in the tube, it's no problem as long as I shake the tube before I use it. While it's fine on it's own, i like to squeeze a little of the product onto the back of my hand and mix with a liquid concealer before using; allowing me to get the perfect shade and making it much easier to blend naturally.

on 4/3/2006 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought my first and only tube about 8 months ago and am still using it. I have not had any of the problems others have mentioned regarding it separating and coming out in a mess. It covers really well and the color matches great (the lightest one)...although I still have a hard time finding Clinique foundations that match me well as I am pretty fair. I think they need to do with their foundations whatever it is they've done with this concealer to get the color right for fair-skinned people. Don't know what's up with that, but after reading their various foundation reviews from others on MUA I found out I am not the only one with that problem. I gave it 4 lipsticks instead of 5 because after a couple hours you have to rub it in again, as it settles into lines a little. But it's not noticable to others unless they are right in your face looking at exactly where you've applied it. I noticed someone a few reviews down mentioned that they used it for undereye circles it looked crepey and gave them more lines....I too had this problem so I quit using it on my undereye cirlces. Then a few months later after I had gotten more used to how much of this stuff to apply I tried it again using a TEENY TINY bit only, and VIOLA - It no longer had that effect. You only need to use a little bit of this stuff. I definiately recommend this concealer for anyone who doesn't have really oily skin, otherwise it might be too greasy. This concealer is oily because it is meant for people who have dry skin, so if it was too greasy for you and you have oily skin, then that is why.

on 11/20/2005 9:18:00 PM

I wish I could give this product zero lipsticks instead of one. It's seriously awful. The first time I've used it (and every time after that), the product has seperated into an oily, watery mess with some chalky residue after. No matter how hard I shake or mash the little tube, I can't get it mixed well. The result is a blotchy mess that usually calls more attention to a spot than the actual zit would. It's possible to blend this so it's not as noticable, I'm sure. But it must take the hand of a surgeon and the patience of a saint. I need my concealor to be a lot easier and user-friendly. I threw this away in frustration.

on 7/3/2005 11:48:00 PM

nice, thick coverage, natural colour. (i have it in fair) not great for every day as it dries up and looks unnatural cos you can see the lines wher it isnt flawlessly blended and it is really obvious youre wearing it. (its only downpoints.) id buy it again but id be very, very careful when blending it. (and yes, it does separeate quickly.)

on 5/11/2005 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My first tube was WONDERFUL and I thought I found my HG concealer. Like others, I have experienced the separarating of the product and its not worth anything anymore.

Soft concealer is my favorite product of it's kind. The shades are neither too orange or too pink, and even PPPs can find a shade! My only problem with this product is that when I first bought it at Nordstrom the concealer was fine (the coverage was smooth) but then when I needed a new tube I bought it at Meier & Franks. I had to return it because the texture was all wrong, sometimes it would come out in thick globs and sometimes it would come out extremely watery no matter how much I mixed it. I had to exchange the concealer for that reason. But my new tube was the same way. I think I may have gotten a bad batch though? Because my first tube was just fine.

on 11/2/2004 4:59:00 PM

I like a lot of Clinique products, but I hated this concealer. After only using it a few times, the ingredients separated and every time I squeezed the tube, I'd get an icky clear oily mess with only a hint of the concealer. I tried everything to get it to blend, but I finally threw it out in frustration. There are so many concealers out there, I already have a hard time making a decision, but at least I can warn people away from this one!

on 10/14/2004 3:12:00 PM

This is a nice concealer. It does not contain oil and gives good coverage. The price isn't too bad either.