April 25, 2014 | 1064 users online

Treatments - Peter Thomas Roth - De-Spot Skin Brightening Corrector

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by asantibk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A little history on my face, I have large pores and oily, acne prone skin on my face and body. I've always developed large cystic acne in certain areas of my body and white heads around my eyes and temples of my face that are stubborn. In search for something to help out with the stubborn acne marks a PTR rep recommended me this on one of my trips to Sephora and boy I am happy I tried this out, this really did justice!! I had marks from past acne scars that have been there for years and this made it almost disappear. When I say almost itís because I am realistic. A spot is still there but it is significantly smaller compared to what it was before. This product even helped with removing a burn mark I had on my thigh something that Bio Oil did nothing to. Now I know why every time I set foot in Sephora the skin care rep praise PTR products. PTR products are expensive but all well worth it because they work!! If you want something effective to remove scars and spots try this out! My skin has never been as clear as this since before using this product. My mom even noticed the difference and started using PTR herself because she was tired of the sunspots on her face. Although itís a small bottle a little goes a long way. I use a pump for my face and neck and a pump for my body acne when needed twice a day. So far the bottle has last me, 3 months and I have never been any happier with my purchase I will definitely buy again. FYI: this product is $30 cheaper on Amazon along with other PTR products. So check on online before purchasing full price at Sephora or Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by mariesimone

So a bit about my skin; I suffer from hormonial acne, with some scarring and lingering redness. Also, my skin is quite sensitive and harsh products in general make me brake out. I have searched for a working de-spot treatment for a while now and so far tried for example Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator, which is rubbish btw...
The PTR de-spot is by far the best one I tried, I've been using it for 3 months now, and it works very well, my skin is smooth and the scars fade a lot faster. I do not need as much makeup as before which is great! The only bad things are the price, and the over-sized bottle. It is expensive as h*ll, and it is only 30 ml in each container, but the made the bottle three times the size to make it look bigger. Still I will re-purchase, just because the result is so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by lorirei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

After using this product for about a month religiously every day - I HAVE noticed a difference! :) I use after my morning shower. It is the first thing I put on my face. What it doesn't do is lighten my dark spots :( but what it does do is lighten the lighter spots! so (for me) it has lighted my face of the bigger patches of discoloration. And I highly recommend this product because of the effectiveness and natural products that they use. The only thing is it is a little pricey for me. I don't know if I will purchase this again. We will see! If I get this job, I definitely will!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by OKsusha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very fair and acne prone skin. Any blemish marks remain on my skin for weeks if not months. This product has dramatically improved my skin tone. I use it as my last step with the rest of the PTR anti-acne products. The consistency is very smooth (almost like melted butter), and absorbs very quickly. It's a hefty price just for a PTR product, but completely worth it if you need a more even skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

product info (from ulta website):

Description
A hydroquinone-free, patent pending formula that dramatically helps reverse the appearance of dark spots & discoloration due aging, sun damage, pregnancy mask and post-acne discoloration. Patent pending De-Spot skin brightening complex contains 21st century ingredients: ILLUMISCIN*, Niacinamide PC, ACTIWHITE*, Chromabright*, Lipochroman-6 and Caffeine at maximum clinically tested levels. See results that appear comparable to maximum strength over the counter ingredients in as little as 2 weeks and increasingly dramatic results in up to 12 weeks. With continued use, this powerful but non-irritating formula also helps prevent the appearance of future discoloration while maintaining skin tone clarity. Super-effective on the face, decollete and tops of hands.
Benefits:
Helps to significantly reduce the appearance of hyper pigmentation and even skin tone
Helps to reverse the appearance of sun spots and age spots. Helps to reduce the appearance of acne scars
Helps to prevent future skin discoloration. Does not cause skin irritation
Key Ingredients:
Illumiscin - helps to reduce the appearance of the total area of hyper pigmentation -14.2% in 2 weeks
ActiWhite - comparable to 2% hydroquinone without side effects
Niacinimide PC - helps to reduce the appearance of the size of age spots by 25%
Chromabright - can be more effective than kojic acid
Lipochromin - strong antioxidant to help prevent the appearance of future hyper pigmentation
Caffeine & Mulberry Extract - helps to even the appearance of skin tone
Mica - helps the appearance of instant luminosity

Directions
Use twice daily. Use sunscreen to maintain results.

Product Type
Anti-Aging Treatment

Feature
Fades Dark Spots

Ingredients
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Zeolite, Diazolidinyl Urea, Caffeine, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Bisulfite, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Disodium EDTA, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Methyl Stearoyl Taurate, Propylparaben, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Morus Nigra Leaf Extract, Mica, Azelaic Acid, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Rose Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata (Passion Fruit) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Melo Cantalupensis (Canteloupe) Fruit Extract.
____________________________________________

i have a lot of hyper pigmentation from my cystic acne, i have sensitive skin so i also scar easily on my face (like when i am in the sun) so i needed something that would help get rid of those spots without irritating my skin.

this product is very gentle and moisturizing. after finishing a bottle i have seen improvement. i would have liked to see more improvement but it is so gentle that i suppose i should've expected the results to be mild as well. it is expensive but it is worth the price because it didn't make my skin any worse (which would've cost me much much more to fix).

it comes in a vacuum pump bottle, which would be great if you could see how much is left in the bottle. i had to break open the bottle to find that i still had a lot of product left. i then decanted what was left into a clear vacuum pump bottle and it lasted me another month. it was sort of upsetting to think that i could've thrown out a months work of this expensive stuff had i not opened the bottle.

the texture is balmy, goes on smooth, no funky smell, did not irritate my skin, no redness, no flushing, no additional break outs, no oily skin, no over drying.