August 22, 2014 | 1084 users online

Lip Treatments - Figs & Rouge 100% Organic Balm Pomegranate

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Arcanist

I have this in Rambling Rose and while I do not love the scent much, I do love the texture.

About that. This balm either turns gritty after melting or arrives gritty in the post. I got two in beauty boxes. The first one melted in my handbag and solidified into terrible hard, gritty mess. The second one I received was gritty from the start. Unpleasant. You can fix this.

The grittiness is caused by shea butter melting and then crystallising slowly without your intervention. If you melt the lip balm again into liquid, - I put mine on the radiator - and then stir it as it cools, the large crystals will not form an you will have a very smooth balm. You do not need to stir for half an hour constantly, just a bit after every few minutes until it gets thick.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this balm in Rambling rose,
it smells beautiful because it's strong & it is packaged prettily.
It's not very moisturising for me. Not a bad product but not a very good one either. I find the tin can become difficult to open at times.
I think I would buy it again if it were on offer/sale. But deffo not at full price not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by DellaSimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: It's organic - I have this lip balm (which, btw, you can also use on your hands, face, and anywhere else you're experiencing extreme dryness) in Rambling Rose, Coco Vanilla and Sweet Geranium, and I love them all - one of the few lip balms that actually WORK. I only use them on my lips. The price is totally reasonable - under $10.

CONS: Their balms are a bit oily, and come in metal containers that need to be twisted open which can be a bit hard to do. Also, it's a lip-to-mouth application, not my favorite way to apply lip balm, but since it's a bedtime ritual, it's not bad.

SUMMARY: Organic and cheap and it works. Give it a try! 4 stars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

The Organic Balm by Figs & Rouge is an all-purpose balm that can be used on the lips, face, hands and body.
This review is for the Pomegranate scent version.

PROS:
- This gets rid of all of my dry patches, be they on my face, my elbows or anywhere else. I really like using this on my face because the balm is not shiny and doesn't draw attention to the dry patches. I particularly like this for the tip of my nose when I have a cold. It also transformed by dry and chapped elbows into the softest skin ever.
- The consistency is lovely, a waxy balm that kind of transforms into a more cream or oil-like consistency when you rub it into the skin. Make sure to really work it into the dry patches and not just slap it on.
- I love the smell of this. It is not overpowering and it doesn't linger too much, but it's fruity and refreshing.
- The packaging is the cutest little retro number. Love the look of it.
- You get 17ml for a fiver, which is affordable and it lasts a long time (depending on what you use it for of course).
CONS:
- I don't really like this to use on my lips. It is very moisturising and nice as a lip balm, but for me it doesn't work underneath lipstick. So I only use it if I'm not going to wear anything on top.
- Of course it's not totally hygienic to dip your fingers into the pot, but then you probably wouldn't be able to fit this consistency into a tube.
VERDICT:
This is the first all-purpose balm I have tried so far, and I really like it, especially for use on my face. I will definitely repurchase it when I run out, and maybe try some of the other scents :-)