September 18, 2014 | 1647 users online

BB Cream - Sephora - BB Moisturizing Cream SPF 15

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I received a two week sample of this....I'm glad I didn't pay for a full-size tube of this disappointment. It did absolutely nothing to my skin. You could obviously tell that I was wearing something on my skin and within an hour my skin looked like an oil slick. I have Garnier BB cream for oily /combo skin and I find it far more superior than this one. Nor did it blur out my enlarged pores. Will be taking a pass on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like so many other products that are part of my beauty routine nowadays, this BB Cream was a casual discovery. Moreover, given that Sephora is not exactly an obscure brand, I was surprised that I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on the web, nor in the official website, nor in blogs specialized in cosmetic issues.

Before I found it, I was already looking for a BB Cream option suitable for my oily skin and not overly expensive, but everything I have seen so far failed on either one or both of these features - for example, Garnier's has a nice color, but the texture is too thick and makes my skin even more greasy; Kiko's, on the other hand, has a nice texture, but turns into a hideous orange color in contact with my complexion; Estée Lauder's seems absolutely perfect, except for the price (I just can't pay 50 euros for a tiny tube of cream).
Sephora's BB cream is, so far, the best in my price-quality ratio standards. Costed me 11.90 euros with a seasonal 25% discount, but the normal price is about 16 euros. The texture is fluid, resembling a lotion more than a cream, and spreads easily on the face with my regular foundation brush. Comes in two colors (light and dark), and the light one is perfectly adjusted to my natural skin tone and is barely noticeable in a good way (no one can say that I'm wearing anything, but the imperfections are concealed). Smells wonderfully, like all the other products from the brand I've tried so far.
The only downside? Maybe the glow it leaves on the skin, which is not exactly oil, but also does not flatter oily complexions. It seems like it comes from the sunscreen contained by the formula, and though it annoys me a little bit, it is easily controllable by applying a layer of translucent loose powder over the cream. In all the rest, I'm overall happy with my purchase: when I'm in a hurry, I only have to apply some serum, this cream and some powder to look flawless. And is there anything better in our stressful lives than being at your best in no time? I don't think so. If your skin is oily or combination, make yourself a favor and give it a try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No